Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ex Machina (2015)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtwizzy2k8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Ex Machina (2015) Reply with quote

Has anybody seen this film? It's the recently released directorial debut of Alex Garland starring Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson and Alicia Vikander. Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bggUmgeMCdc

Saw it today and thought it was an excellent film, I'd give it a 8.5 or 9/10. It was well-made from the top down with outstanding acting, music, cinematography, plot and interesting themes related to AI and what it means to be human/conscious.
sayheykid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw news of this a while ago I assumed it was an adaptation of the Brian K. Vaughan comic. I'll see it eventually.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it last night, enjoyed it a lot. A little different from what I was expecting, but still a very enjoyable movie
dtwizzy2k8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Saw it last night, enjoyed it a lot. A little different from what I was expecting, but still a very enjoyable movie

I was surprised by the movie's comedic elements. I was expecting it to be a completely serious film, but some of the dialogue with Oscar Isaac's character was hilarious.
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k8 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

I was surprised by the movie's comedic elements. I was expecting it to be a completely serious film, but some of the dialogue with Oscar Isaac's character was hilarious.

Yeah, that definitely through me off a little. I don't want to go into spoiler territory but there was something missing from his character
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it. I loved that it they mentioned chess and, in the end, it truly was a chess game in a way. Best movie of the year thus far. 9/10

Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this is in January or whenever it came out over here. My favourite film I've seen at the cinema for ages, loved it.
2015 Adopt-a-Bear: P #16 Pat O'Donnell
Punts: 70 || Average: 44.2 || Long: 72 || Inside 20: 28
coors

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've absolutely been butchering that name since the first time I'd ever seen the word. If not for the big voice guy on the commercials, I still wouldn't have known the correct pronunciation.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed with everyone else on this, such a good flick. I just must have missed them explain it but how
Quote:
does she remotely charge her battery?

condescension-the last refuge of the differently abled
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME movie.

ienjoystuff wrote:
agreed with everyone else on this, such a good flick. I just must have missed them explain it but how
Quote:
does she remotely charge her battery?

I went back and double checked...
Quote:
She mentioned something during the power cut about her recharging with the induction plates. Its possible she built her own charger.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
I've absolutely been butchering that name since the first time I'd ever seen the word. If not for the big voice guy on the commercials, I still wouldn't have known the correct pronunciation.
It's a hard c right? So it should sound like a K. Basically, it's Ex Makina IIRC.

Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
coors wrote:
It's a hard c right? So it should sound like a K. Basically, it's Ex Makina IIRC.

Yeah, I didn't know the right pronunciation until a week after I saw the movie. I was like oh...
BenderRodriguez

Location: Check my sig thread. Fighting Beavers Team President.
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this time I thought it was a film about Appleseed. I'm Sorry Laughing

l3lind golfer wrote:
Wait so what is this? Is this a remake of the first two Terminators in one movie or what?

BTW, my favorite scene was the guy(s) who are naked.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the movie when it first came out. It certainly a different kind of film but one that i thought was very well done. The actors did a phenomenal job which is why the movie turned out as well as it did. Loved how the movie ended.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
Flaccomania wrote:
Brb googles "B60 good argument"
No search results found
Expected.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Ex Machina

Awesome. That's all that needs to be said.

Awesome until the 3rd act when the wheels completely came off. Gorgeous film to look at tho.
Disagree. I liked the 3rd act quite a bit even if it was a bit rushed.

3rd act got way too ridiculous.
Quote:
-Didn't buy Caleb being so protective of Ava. There certainly wasn't enough reason for him to be so against her being reprogrammed. Yes, she was manipulating him but it felt forced. Plus, that's his boss and I didn't see any reason Caleb would jeopardize his job. Ava was fascinating but there wasn't a strong enough connection to warrant what he did.

-Nathan is brilliant enough to build such a complicated A.I. and robotics system but can't figure out Ava is causing the power outages? LoL okay. He may have wanted to see Caleb's behavior when he felt they had privacy but Caleb figured that out immediately. No way Nathan doesn't have a contingency plan for the blackouts.

-Ava and Kyoko both free in the facility yet Nathan pays Kyoko no attention. Doesn't even look her way once to see where she is. Maybe she didn't show any behavior earlier that would make Nathan suspect her harming him but he'd still be aware of his surroundings. Plus he treated all his robots like crap. We saw how much he was drinking but there wasn't any notion of him losing his faculties when he was sober like he was losing his mind being isolated for so long.

-Nathan gets stabbed in the chest and back with a butcher knife yet still walks around for a few minutes? Sure.

-I'm glad Caleb got locked in there. He deserved it. LoL

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GO PACK GO

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
Learn and let live, man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: