Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Mavericks Thread - Best Offseason In The West!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
I really hope we trade up and get Zeller, or somehow snag Moultrie. Meyers Leonard could be a guy like Hawes/Chandler, but it will take him a lot of time. Moultrie will wind up being another one of those classic double-double machines that can score inside. He's not as good defensively as Meyers though, so that's a tough trade off. For the short-run, Moultrie is a better fit for our team I would say. However, we are trying to build for long-run success, so I think we have Meyers ranked higher on our board.

Here's hoping that Zeller falls. Pray Pray Pray

Here is the thing about Zeller...what you see is what you get. What I mean is, there is not as much room for improvement in my opinion. He runs the floor well and has a pretty decent post game, but he doesn't really defend very well and he is an average rebounder. He is probably the most developed post player right now, but he there isn't much potential there. I think Meyers is the better choice for us. Worst case scenario, we get a long, athletic center who can patrol the paint. And best case scenario is a guy who figures it out offensively and dominates. I would prefer Leonard myself

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
I really hope we trade up and get Zeller, or somehow snag Moultrie. Meyers Leonard could be a guy like Hawes/Chandler, but it will take him a lot of time. Moultrie will wind up being another one of those classic double-double machines that can score inside. He's not as good defensively as Meyers though, so that's a tough trade off. For the short-run, Moultrie is a better fit for our team I would say. However, we are trying to build for long-run success, so I think we have Meyers ranked higher on our board.

Here's hoping that Zeller falls. Pray Pray Pray

Here is the thing about Zeller...what you see is what you get. What I mean is, there is not as much room for improvement in my opinion. He runs the floor well and has a pretty decent post game, but he doesn't really defend very well and he is an average rebounder. He is probably the most developed post player right now, but he there isn't much potential there. I think Meyers is the better choice for us. Worst case scenario, we get a long, athletic center who can patrol the paint. And best case scenario is a guy who figures it out offensively and dominates. I would prefer Leonard myself

Good point. Meyers is younger too, so that might be more advantageous.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys remember Jerome Randle from the preseason this year? If so, would you guys like to bring him in to serve in a JJ Barea type of role. We really missed that spark bug off the bench that created instant offense.

I'd like it a lot in the event that we get Deron but can't bring back Kidd.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wouldn't they just keep Delonte? The cap holds on him and Mahinmi are like $800K apiece, basically no brainers provided that neither gets overpaid (a distinct possibility with Mahinmi)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Why wouldn't they just keep Delonte? The cap holds on him and Mahinmi are like $800K apiece, basically no brainers provided that neither gets overpaid (a distinct possibility with Mahinmi)

If we can keep Delonte, then that'd be awesome, but I was under the impression that we would let him walk if we got deron.

However, Deron and Delonte starting together might be a nice fit. Kidd off the bench too. Wow.

In other news, we have interest in Nick Calathes (minimal) and Acie Law (genuine interest, but just to fill out the roster).

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4689862/report-nick-calathes-ready-to-come-to-dallas

I really want to bring Calathes in. If we keep Kidd, then he can definitely learn a lot. Just look at what Kidd has done to improve JJ Barea's game, and it's hard to imagine the development of both DoJo and Roddy B without Kidd, even though neither guy has really solidified a role as of yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calathes would be interesting. I could see the team dumping Beaubois and/or Jones for cap space, so he'd definitely get a shot as a combo guard.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Calathes would be interesting. I could see the team dumping Beaubois and/or Jones for cap space, so he'd definitely get a shot as a combo guard.

Possibly as a SF too since he has the size to play there. He's been asked to shift to that position a few times during his career, so that'd be interesting, especially if it were in a point forward capacity to throw the opposing defense off.

Combo Guard is more realistic though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to trade both Roddy and DoJo, especially if we can get rid of both guys to move up in the first round. That'd be sweet.

If not, then I'd call up Charlotte, gauge their interest, and ask for the first pick in the 2nd round. That pick could turn into a pretty good player, somebody that might even be NBA ready like Kevin Jones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221415/Warriors_Looking_To_Use_Picks_To_Trade_For_Veteran_Small_Forward

Odom isn't mentioned in that article, but he was in an article that came out months ago. Since we are trying to get rid of Odom, and his salary is less than the others, I think we could work something out with the Warriors, or perhaps include him in a 3 way trade that involves the Warriors getting one of those guys, and the other team getting Odom as that player's replacement.

We would get cap relief, perhaps cash, and/or perhaps a 2nd round pick.

Works for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GS is over the cap, though, so they couldn't just dump him there like they could with Sacramento or Toronto. Who knows, though, it's not like the Warriors are known for good personnel decisions.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221415/Warriors_Looking_To_Use_Picks_To_Trade_For_Veteran_Small_Forward

Odom isn't mentioned in that article, but he was in an article that came out months ago. Since we are trying to get rid of Odom, and his salary is less than the others, I think we could work something out with the Warriors, or perhaps include him in a 3 way trade that involves the Warriors getting one of those guys, and the other team getting Odom as that player's replacement.

We would get cap relief, perhaps cash, and/or perhaps a 2nd round pick.

Works for me.

They also have the last pick in the first round, and clearing up cap space might be worth it for them

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
the lone star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
GS is over the cap, though, so they couldn't just dump him there like they could with Sacramento or Toronto. Who knows, though, it's not like the Warriors are known for good personnel decisions.

Very true. I agree that a trade with the Kings or Raptors is more likely, but this is something worth pondering. Maybe Golden State can dump off some of their young talent and future picks (as well as their picks this year ), but I don't see that as realistic. They want to keep Curry and Klay Thompson, and probably won't move either David Lee or Bogut, so it'll be tough to work out any kind of deal.

I was hoping we could work out something like this http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77yeehz

That'd be a dream though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hornets would consider trading the #10 pick if another team were to take back Ariza or Okafor.

Interesting. That's tempting, especially if we can find a way to get rid of Roddy and DoJo.

Would be incredibly tough to pull off though, so I don't see that happening. I think the only trade we may make at the draft is a trade with the Kings or Raptors to dump off Odom.

Odom, cash, and a 2nd round pick for Ariza and #10 would be freaking sweet tho.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Hornets would consider trading the #10 pick if another team were to take back Ariza or Okafor.

Interesting. That's tempting, especially if we can find a way to get rid of Roddy and DoJo.

Would be incredibly tough to pull off though, so I don't see that happening. I think the only trade we may make at the draft is a trade with the Kings or Raptors to dump off Odom.

Odom, cash, and a 2nd round pick for Ariza and #10 would be freaking sweet tho.

Dang you Lone Star, you always get my hopes up for some extremely unrealistic possibilities Laughing

matt79511

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But wouldn't a deal for Ariza kill any deal for D-Will?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 2 of 81

Jump to: