Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Mavericks Thread - Best Offseason In The West!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
brownsfan2009


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 376
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Delonte has been indefinitely suspended. Anybody know the cause?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 13162
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan2009 wrote:
Just saw Delonte has been indefinitely suspended. Anybody know the cause?


LINK

Well, from what I've read, it's a team imposed suspension as opposed to a league imposed one.

And they're saying it's due to "conduct detrimental to the team". From the article...

Quote:
"There was an argument between two teammates in the locker room last night that didn't involve me," said West, who had two points, one assist and three turnovers in 21 minutes against the Thunder. "Somehow I'm being blamed for it. I had nothing to do with it. I don't know what's going on."


But it also looks like Delonte is not taking this too well, the article further states he took to Twitter and wrote...

Quote:
"If I'm not what u lookin 4 ....That's fine...just dont kick me in my [inappropriate/removed] on the way out the door....I didn't do anything to deserve that..." West tweeted, followed two minutes later by: "I love the city of Dallas..I love playin in the NBA...no I'm not off my meds...no I ain't on no bipolar trip...this real people lives....And it just ain't right..imma leave it at that..no ill will towards no one...I'm just sittin here across from the arena wit tear in my eyes."

_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28227
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224147/Mavericks_Claim_Eddy_Curry

Oh god no. Not Eddy Curry. Epic fail.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WakaKoalaFlame


Joined: 10 Feb 2011
Posts: 542
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess we signed Melvin Ely and Chris Dougla-Roberts.

I like CDR. He can be a solid role player. Backup to Mayo and Carter.

Eddy Curry... apparantley Poppovich said he looked legit and was very impressed with him. Reserving my judgement on this because it is Eddy Curry but what if he is actually back to being a halfway decent basketball player?

Wish Delonte was still here....
_________________
Robert Griffin III: 2012-2013 NFL Rookie of the Year
Josh Gordon:
Kendall Wright:
Terrance Williams:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28227
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
Guess we signed Melvin Ely and Chris Dougla-Roberts.

I like CDR. He can be a solid role player. Backup to Mayo and Carter.

Eddy Curry... apparantley Poppovich said he looked legit and was very impressed with him. Reserving my judgement on this because it is Eddy Curry but what if he is actually back to being a halfway decent basketball player?

Wish Delonte was still here....


Too bad we don't need CDR though. Ely and Curry are more suited for the needs of this team, especially with Kaman and Dirk out. I'll take Curry due to his size and youth, but I'd really like to look into Fesenko, James Singleton, and Kenyon Martin.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28227
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curry was close to a double double tonight. He had 3 blocks too. I caught some of the 2nd half. He looks like he's in better shape. I think he'll make this team, especially with Kaman and Dirk both out. Brandan Wright is a little beat up too, and Elton Brand can't man the 5 the entire game. He needs more time at the 4.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7272
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
brownsfan2009 wrote:
Just saw Delonte has been indefinitely suspended. Anybody know the cause?


LINK

Well, from what I've read, it's a team imposed suspension as opposed to a league imposed one.

And they're saying it's due to "conduct detrimental to the team". From the article...

Quote:
"There was an argument between two teammates in the locker room last night that didn't involve me," said West, who had two points, one assist and three turnovers in 21 minutes against the Thunder. "Somehow I'm being blamed for it. I had nothing to do with it. I don't know what's going on."


But it also looks like Delonte is not taking this too well, the article further states he took to Twitter and wrote...

Quote:
"If I'm not what u lookin 4 ....That's fine...just dont kick me in my [inappropriate/removed] on the way out the door....I didn't do anything to deserve that..." West tweeted, followed two minutes later by: "I love the city of Dallas..I love playin in the NBA...no I'm not off my meds...no I ain't on no bipolar trip...this real people lives....And it just ain't right..imma leave it at that..no ill will towards no one...I'm just sittin here across from the arena wit tear in my eyes."


The Mavs should just get rid of this guy before the season starts. He's always been a distraction everywhere he goes. He's a loose canon.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28227
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
brownsfan2009 wrote:
Just saw Delonte has been indefinitely suspended. Anybody know the cause?


LINK

Well, from what I've read, it's a team imposed suspension as opposed to a league imposed one.

And they're saying it's due to "conduct detrimental to the team". From the article...

Quote:
"There was an argument between two teammates in the locker room last night that didn't involve me," said West, who had two points, one assist and three turnovers in 21 minutes against the Thunder. "Somehow I'm being blamed for it. I had nothing to do with it. I don't know what's going on."


But it also looks like Delonte is not taking this too well, the article further states he took to Twitter and wrote...

Quote:
"If I'm not what u lookin 4 ....That's fine...just dont kick me in my [inappropriate/removed] on the way out the door....I didn't do anything to deserve that..." West tweeted, followed two minutes later by: "I love the city of Dallas..I love playin in the NBA...no I'm not off my meds...no I ain't on no bipolar trip...this real people lives....And it just ain't right..imma leave it at that..no ill will towards no one...I'm just sittin here across from the arena wit tear in my eyes."


The Mavs should just get rid of this guy before the season starts. He's always been a distraction everywhere he goes. He's a loose canon.



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44098
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys got a pacer squad going.

Jim O-Collison-Dhante and just signed Troy Murphy.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28227
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
You guys got a pacer squad going.

Jim O-Collison-Dhante and just signed Troy Murphy.


Scrappy guards and jump shooting bigs. Yeah, that reminds me of the Pacers fo sho.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44098
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
El ramster wrote:
You guys got a pacer squad going.

Jim O-Collison-Dhante and just signed Troy Murphy.


Scrappy guards and jump shooting bigs. Yeah, that reminds me of the Pacers fo sho.


Real Happy that DC played well. Great kid with a huge heart,

How has Dhante been?
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28227
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
the lone star wrote:
El ramster wrote:
You guys got a pacer squad going.

Jim O-Collison-Dhante and just signed Troy Murphy.


Scrappy guards and jump shooting bigs. Yeah, that reminds me of the Pacers fo sho.


Real Happy that DC played well. Great kid with a huge heart,

How has Dhante been?


He hasn't gotten much playing time because we like to play OJ and Vince Carter more.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WakaKoalaFlame


Joined: 10 Feb 2011
Posts: 542
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collison is going to be a star once Dirk gets back. He got 18 points and 10 assists on 8-12 shooting tonight.

Mayo is gonna be near the top of the league in 3 pointers made this season.

Our whole team played real well. Carter, Crowder, Wright and Kaman all had double digits.

I think Murphy was an underrated pickup. He is a very good rebounder and delivers hard fouls when needed.
_________________
Robert Griffin III: 2012-2013 NFL Rookie of the Year
Josh Gordon:
Kendall Wright:
Terrance Williams:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28227
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
Collison is going to be a star once Dirk gets back. He got 18 points and 10 assists on 8-12 shooting tonight.

Mayo is gonna be near the top of the league in 3 pointers made this season.

Our whole team played real well. Carter, Crowder, Wright and Kaman all had double digits.

I think Murphy was an underrated pickup. He is a very good rebounder and delivers hard fouls when needed.


The one bad thing about yesterday's game is that it came against the Bobcats. :-/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28227
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better beat the Blazers. They are deceptively good, and they will have the edge in the post/paint.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 25 of 83

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group