Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Dallas Mavericks Thread - PLAYOFFS BABY!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
gofrogs wrote:
Instead of Fisher, I would've rather have try to trade Marion and Carter to the Raptors for Calderon.

Marion and Carter are the only guaranteed contracts for next year besides Dirk and Cunningham. Calderon is on an expiring deal and he is a solid PG. Plus the Raptors are looking for a 3.

This trade would obviously be all about next year and beyond. But this would leave us with less than $23M commited to next year (22 to Dirk) So the CP3 and D12 dream would live.

Marion is an elite defender and out best rebounder and Carter is a solid bench player. Calderon is pure garbage...

Yes, but it would only be done for the expiring contract that he has. That would enable us to extend Mayo, keep Collison, AND go after a guy like Al Jefferson.

However, I'd much rather try to trade Kaman's contract for Jefferson, and then give Big Al an extension.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faulk28SJaX39 wrote:
Gosh do we need Dirk back or what???

Though I give props to the team for hanging together like they had, this makeshift group is playing significantly better than I had expected when I first heard Dirk would be out for about a 1/4th of the season.

And yeah, Mayo must be retained, he's been money thus far and I think at the age of 25-26 that he is now, he will continue to grow for atleast another season or 2. He would be a great 2nd/3rd option to go along with Dirk/next star we try to align.

Mayo's deep 3-point shot is lethal. He hits it much better than Finley used to.

Fisher had the performance that I was expecting out of him. I think he will settle in nicely once Dirk comes back though. He's a spot up shooter that can occasionally distribute the ball.

Location: ----------------- Props to Jamison. on the dope signature!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Fisher had the performance that I was expecting out of him. I think he will settle in nicely once Dirk comes back though. He's a spot up shooter that can occasionally distribute the ball.

But 24 minutes though?!

Thought Collison was playing really well for you guys? I know he's cooled down as of late, and it was actually his decision to give up his starting spot to Fisher, but I didn't think they would be evenly splitting time at the point. I'd Thought Collison would get the majority of the time with Fisher just alleviating him of ball-handling duties for about 10-15 minutes per game.

Really curious to see how this split plays out going forward.
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
the lone star wrote:

But 24 minutes though?!

Thought Collison was playing really well for you guys? I know he's cooled down as of late, and it was actually his decision to give up his starting spot to Fisher, but I didn't think they would be evenly splitting time at the point. I'd Thought Collison would get the majority of the time with Fisher just alleviating him of ball-handling duties for about 10-15 minutes per game.

Really curious to see how this split plays out going forward.

We shall definitely see. Collison has been inconsistent all year long, and that's just a microcosm of how his career has gone. Fisher getting 24 minutes may be too much, but not by a whole lot. 20 min a game is about right for him I think.

This really shows how much we could have used Delonte though. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight is a must win. We can't lose to the Suns. I expect Mayo to go off tonight. Marion always seems to do well vs PHX too. 20+ for Trix tonight.

Terrance Williams:
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
Tonight is a must win. We can't lose to the Suns. I expect Mayo to go off tonight. Marion always seems to do well vs PHX too. 20+ for Trix tonight.

Not so good so far, but we're not out of it. Collison needs to wait for a pick before penetrating. Although he is very quick, he tends to rush things waaaayyyyy too much. He needs to play like Barea.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team can't rebound or box out. Dirk could at least do the latter. His positioning actually helped out our defense and team rebounding a lot, not to mention his great pick setting that allows our PGs to contribute.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and there goes our 10 point lead.
Great.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad we got the win, but we really need to learn how to close better. We almost choked the game away like we did against the Bobcats.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two wins in a row!? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team really needs to cut down the turnovers. This is just unacceptable.
Did Kaman get injured?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame last night. The good DC and the bad DC came out in the end, He'll be a huge weapon coming off the bench IMO.

But the kid can slice any D with his great speed. So happy for Inferno

who guarded Paul yesterday in the clutch. Your team can't have Dirk come sooner.

That would have been a win yesterday..

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
WakaKoalaFlame

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
What a shame last night. The good DC and the bad DC came out in the end, He'll be a huge weapon coming off the bench IMO.

who guarded Paul yesterday in the clutch. Your team can't have Dirk come sooner.

DC is a top backup PG in the NBA.

Want to know who guarded Pierce for much of the 4th/1OT? Derek Fisher.... No idea why a top 3 on ball defender in the NBA and most underrated defender of the past decade didn't guard him...
Terrance Williams:
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
El ramster wrote:

DC is a top backup PG in the NBA.

Want to know who guarded Pierce for much of the 4th/1OT? Derek Fisher.... No idea why a top 3 on ball defender in the NBA and most underrated defender of the past decade didn't guard him...

Please tell me you're talking about Marion and not Dahntay Jones.
Marion's defense has fallen off a bit this year thought tbh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I agree, as a backup PG, Darren Collison is among the best in the league. If he learned to slow it down, set up in the half court, and wait for a good, hard pick, then he'd be THE best backup PG. He gets himself in a lot of trouble when he pushes it and tries to do too much with the ball. The pick and roll with Dirk will take some time, but it could be a thing of beauty.

I already know the two man game between Mayo and Dirk will be amazing. Dirk and Kaman working together on offense will be nice too.

You guys think we can play Dirk and Brand at the same time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 29 of 59

Jump to: