Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Mavericks Thread - Best Offseason In The West!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 80, 81, 82  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need Dirk back. This team is mediocre at best without him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope that we bring in Julius Randle during the 2014 draft. He's a hometown kid that can do a variety of things. People are saying he's the next Z-Bo and CWebb. I can honestly see that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish we still had Fisher, his presence really helped the team out in all of the intangible areas of the game.

Dirk is back though! I'll give him until the Hornets game on January 5th to get more acclimated to this team. Right now he's a bit confused, and so is everybody else. It's really showing, as we are getting spanked by San Antonio. Yikes!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well trade season is here, I really hope we dont stay suspened in this trying to make the playoffs mode. I really want a non-Dirk fire sale get cap relief, young cheap players and extra picks, that can be flipped in sign and trades, or maybe we can sign Dwight or Big AL, then trade for Gay.

And I really think we should trade Mayo, I like him a lot but I think he would bring a solid return.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gofrogs wrote:
Well trade season is here, I really hope we dont stay suspened in this trying to make the playoffs mode. I really want a non-Dirk fire sale get cap relief, young cheap players and extra picks, that can be flipped in sign and trades, or maybe we can sign Dwight or Big AL, then trade for Gay.

And I really think we should trade Mayo, I like him a lot but I think he would bring a solid return.

I say keep Dirk, Mayo, and Collison, trade everybody else though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did we win...by a lot...

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
gofrogs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
gofrogs wrote:

I was thinking that too. But Collison (who was the guy I wanted us to sign this coming up off season before we traded for him) is a backup in my eyes. A valuble backup, but a backup. If we can get some value for him Id take it, but I really think he may be more valuble as a sign and trade piece in the offseason or a reasonably priced piece to resign. And Dirk of course should only be traded if he request it.

But Mayo is the only player that will bring a good return, imo. And the odds are pretty good he is gone after this season. If we can get a protected pick for him and an expiring deal Id jump on it.

Either way a sale off needs to happen and let Dirk have nagging injury after nagging injury so he can rest as much as possible this year and give us the best chance possible at the number 1 pick. It might not be a great draft but there are some guys that would fit well with Dirk, like McLemore, Muhammed, Noel, Len, Plumlee and Zeller, maybe Austin too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
How did we win...by a lot...

That's what happens when you are on fire from 3 and Dirk is motivated to win again. He didn't sound so much like it to begin with, but now he's basically back to the old Dirk we all love and know.

He's still got some conditioning left to do, but that's what the all-star break will be for. That and developing a two man game with Mayo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gofrogs wrote:
the lone star wrote:
gofrogs wrote:

I was thinking that too. But Collison (who was the guy I wanted us to sign this coming up off season before we traded for him) is a backup in my eyes. A valuble backup, but a backup. If we can get some value for him Id take it, but I really think he may be more valuble as a sign and trade piece in the offseason or a reasonably priced piece to resign. And Dirk of course should only be traded if he request it.

But Mayo is the only player that will bring a good return, imo. And the odds are pretty good he is gone after this season. If we can get a protected pick for him and an expiring deal Id jump on it.

Either way a sale off needs to happen and let Dirk have nagging injury after nagging injury so he can rest as much as possible this year and give us the best chance possible at the number 1 pick. It might not be a great draft but there are some guys that would fit well with Dirk, like McLemore, Muhammed, Noel, Len, Plumlee and Zeller, maybe Austin too.

Yeah, Collison could have some value in a sign and trade, but at this point, I'd rather just keep what we have and not build off of "hope" like Dirk said. I'm not sure what we can get in return for DC either. Expiring contract and a trade exception maybe. Perhaps a conditional pick. I don't like that so much. I say keep him, and then draft a guy like CJ McCollum or Marcus Smart or Michael Carter Williams to be our starting PG. If we somehow win the lottery, then I'd of course look into Muhammad, Noel, and Zeller more, but I don't see that happening. I think we will be picking after no. 10.

I'd be interested in turning Marion into Rudy Gay though. Marion and Kaman for Rudy Gay and a pick isn't a bad deal at all. We'd have a nice young core with Collison, Mayo, and Gay, plus we would still have a franchise star in Dirk.

However, we've played very well out of late, even though our record may not indicate it. With the deadline more than a month away, we will probably stand pat for a few more weeks, then start working the phones some more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a thought, if we can move Marion and Carter, and assuming Mayo opts out and we keep his cap hold, we can renounce our rights to all our FA and we will have enough money for BOTH Al Jefferson and Josh Smith. And then resign Mayo at a higher number. Or if we relinguish Mayos rights we would have enough money to sign Dwight Howard and Josh Smith if Howard would take about $1.4M less of his max in the 1st year of his deal. Mayo/Smith/Dirk/Al, or Smith/Dirk/D12 would put us right in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has my speed demon been? Ian has been dope.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
the lone star

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
How has my speed demon been? Ian has been dope.

Collison has the makings of an elite backup PG in this league. He's been on and off as a starter and will rush into mistakes a lot, but he has been very good ever since becoming the starter again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gofrogs wrote:
Heres a thought, if we can move Marion and Carter, and assuming Mayo opts out and we keep his cap hold, we can renounce our rights to all our FA and we will have enough money for BOTH Al Jefferson and Josh Smith. And then resign Mayo at a higher number. Or if we relinguish Mayos rights we would have enough money to sign Dwight Howard and Josh Smith if Howard would take about $1.4M less of his max in the 1st year of his deal. Mayo/Smith/Dirk/Al, or Smith/Dirk/D12 would put us right in it.

I was thinking we somehow convince Mayo to opt in for his contract next year on the condition that we will give him a 5 year extension, which I think we should.

Keep Collison as a fundamental piece on this team (we need his speed) and then go after Dwight, Jefferson, or Smoove. I'd consider trading Marion away to ATL for Smith right now so we can extend him, but I don't think ATL would go for that.

Draft Marcus Smart or Michael Carter Williams in the draft. CJ McCollum would be interesting, but I don't like him as a PG too much at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got more wins than the Lakers now...............again.

Although that's not saying much.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of me wants to keep Marion and Vince, but I know that we won't be competing for anything this year and we will be able to clear a lot of salary off the books for next season if we swap em for expiring contracts.

Kaman should be traded as well. I think the he should be coming off the bench as well, with Bernard James getting the start. Not only does that enable Bernard James to crack the rotation and get some more experience, but it also generates multiple lineups where we can pair up an offensive minded big man with another big guy that can hold down the fort on defense. Plus he's very long and athletic, so he can win the tip off for us, and can provide us with some much needed athleticism and toughness.

Sarge-Dirk
Dirk-Brand
Kaman-Brand
Sarge-Kaman (in this scenario, Kaman is playing PF, something I think he can definitely do due to the range he has on his jumper, his size, and his finesse)

Most of all, it helps us manage the minutes of the 3 oldies in that group much better. We like to keep Brand, Kaman, and Dirk's playing time to a certain number, so inserting Bernard James into the starting lineup makes more sense when you take that into consideration. That's obviously very important when the game is on the line during crunch time in the 4th. Guys need to be "fresh" when the game gets to that point. Have James eat some minutes in the first and third, but let guys like Dirk, Brand, and Kaman close it out in the 4th.

Rick Carlisle is too stubborn to actually do this though. Plus the team has been winning and competing a lot lately, so he won't see a reason to change things up. He's just gonna keep yelling at Mayo and Collison, lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 30 of 82

Jump to: