Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Mavericks Thread - Best Offseason In The West!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 80, 81, 82  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernard James will sign, so that brings our roster to 14 guaranteed spots.

PG: Collison/Roddy/DoJo
SG: Mayo/Dahntay/Cunningham
SF: Marion/Vince/Crowder
PF: Dirk/Brand
C: Kaman/Wright/James

I say sign Delonte, then trade Roddy and DoJo for a guy like Delfino, and then bring in Blatche.

PG: Collison/West/Cunningham
SG: Mayo/Dahntay/Delfino
SF: Marion/Vince/Crowder
PF: Dirk/Blatche/Wright
C: Kaman/Brand/James

I like it. Not a championship caliber team, but it could earn us a top 5 seed in the West. Maybe even better than that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trade either, I'd keep DoJo as a passable if-everyone-is-hurt guard and decline his team option after the year. I'd give Roddy another shot at the rotation, I still think he can adequately fill the JET role.

And I wouldn't touch Blatche. And let's please not try this 11, 12 man rotation stuff again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather trade DoJo from the standpoint that Roddy is the better talent at this point. On the other hand, I feel like Roddy could land us a little more in a deal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West will return!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222605/Delonte_West_Agrees_To_Deal_With_Mavericks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
West will return!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222605/Delonte_West_Agrees_To_Deal_With_Mavericks

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

He will be our 6th man. A very underrated one too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
I wouldn't trade either, I'd keep DoJo as a passable if-everyone-is-hurt guard and decline his team option after the year. I'd give Roddy another shot at the rotation, I still think he can adequately fill the JET role.

And I wouldn't touch Blatche. And let's please not try this 11, 12 man rotation stuff again.

That rotation actually worked for a while before a we got a lot of injuries.

Blatche for the vet min is a good deal no matter what.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I would rather trade DoJo from the standpoint that Roddy is the better talent at this point. On the other hand, I feel like Roddy could land us a little more in a deal

Very true. I think DoJo has more upside now. His game has improved, most noticeably his shot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
gofrogs wrote:
the lone star wrote:
If you had to, who would you rather trade, Roddy or DoJo?

Can I choose both? Im tired of combo guards. Jflight and Mayo are plenty. I'd love to trade both DoJo and Roddy along with Marion and Carter during the year, so we have no money committed outside of Dirk (and our rookies) for next year.

I'd like to trade both DoJo and Roddy as well. That way we can perhaps pull off a sign and trade for a guy like Delfino. Childress and Blatche are out there as well, and it would help open up the need for Delonte. We would definitely need at least another ball handler to back up Collison, and probably one more after that in case of injuries.

gofrogs wrote:
If the cap goes up to $60M, Coon said it will alomst for sure, We could offer Bynum and Harden max deals for their levels and still fill out the roster. Or we could offer Harden and Ibaka max deals and still have about $8M to offer plus the $2.5M room exception and of course vet min. deals.

I don't think Ibaka is worth the max, and we would still have the mini-MLE, no? If we land Harden, then that would be amazing, but I think OKC will match any offer that is made to him.

To the bolded part:

No once you decide to use your cap space to loss all trade exceptions and mid level exception and bi annual exception. But you do get a $2.5M "room exception.

That is why Brooklyn traded all the expiring contracts for Johnson. They could have just absorbed his contract, but by trading for him and keeping themselves over the cap they kept their mini mid level.

This new CBA REALLY resticts teams. If you wanna do this you gotta give up that, if you wanna do that you gotta give up this. Which is why Cuban is staying under the luxury tax as long as possible. If a team is a tax paying team for 3 years out of 4, they lose their bi annual execption and they lose the right to recieve players via sign-and-trade. So basically, Miami, LA, and both NY teams will only be able to use the mini mid level and vet min deals for probably the next 5-8 years (depending on the specific team) starting next offseason. So by taking this season off from big spending, we can outbid everybody later!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gofrogs wrote:
the lone star wrote:
gofrogs wrote:
the lone star wrote:
If you had to, who would you rather trade, Roddy or DoJo?

Can I choose both? Im tired of combo guards. Jflight and Mayo are plenty. I'd love to trade both DoJo and Roddy along with Marion and Carter during the year, so we have no money committed outside of Dirk (and our rookies) for next year.

I'd like to trade both DoJo and Roddy as well. That way we can perhaps pull off a sign and trade for a guy like Delfino. Childress and Blatche are out there as well, and it would help open up the need for Delonte. We would definitely need at least another ball handler to back up Collison, and probably one more after that in case of injuries.

gofrogs wrote:
If the cap goes up to $60M, Coon said it will alomst for sure, We could offer Bynum and Harden max deals for their levels and still fill out the roster. Or we could offer Harden and Ibaka max deals and still have about $8M to offer plus the $2.5M room exception and of course vet min. deals.

I don't think Ibaka is worth the max, and we would still have the mini-MLE, no? If we land Harden, then that would be amazing, but I think OKC will match any offer that is made to him.

To the bolded part:

No once you decide to use your cap space to loss all trade exceptions and mid level exception and bi annual exception. But you do get a $2.5M "room exception.

That is why Brooklyn traded all the expiring contracts for Johnson. They could have just absorbed his contract, but by trading for him and keeping themselves over the cap they kept their mini mid level.

This new CBA REALLY resticts teams. If you wanna do this you gotta give up that, if you wanna do that you gotta give up this. Which is why Cuban is staying under the luxury tax as long as possible. If a team is a tax paying team for 3 years out of 4, they lose their bi annual execption and they lose the right to recieve players via sign-and-trade. So basically, Miami, LA, and both NY teams will only be able to use the mini mid level and vet min deals for probably the next 5-8 years (depending on the specific team) starting next offseason. So by taking this season off from big spending, we can outbid everybody later!

Sweet. I can wait that long I guess. By that time we will probably need a new franchise player/star though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused. Is the last year of Shawn Marion's deal not fully guaranteed?

He has an early termination/player option, correct?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/222568/Mavericks_Get_Younger_More_Talented

Good article on the Mavs there. They didn't even mention our rookies, who I think will help us out on defense and maybe even transition offense.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over/Under Delonte Averaging 3.5 Assists This Year?

Over/Under Darren Collison Averaging 5.5 Assists This Year?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Dirk
2. Mayo
3. Kaman
4. Collison
5. Brand
6. Marion
7. Delonte
8. Carter

That's how I think the scoring options should go this year. You could flip-flop Delonte and Carter around, but West is more efficient than Vince.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
1. Dirk
2. Mayo
3. Kaman
4. Collison
5. Brand
6. Marion
7. Delonte
8. Carter

That's how I think the scoring options should go this year. You could flip-flop Delonte and Carter around, but West is more efficient than Vince.

I like it. The scoring load isn't on three people anymore. Last year, I felt that if Dirk, Terry, and Marion weren't all scoring, we were going to lose. It will be nice if someone is off and all these other options open up to pick up the slack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
1. Dirk
2. Mayo
3. Kaman
4. Collison
5. Brand
6. Marion
7. Delonte
8. Carter

I like it. The scoring load isn't on three people anymore. Last year, I felt that if Dirk, Terry, and Marion weren't all scoring, we were going to lose. It will be nice if someone is off and all these other options open up to pick up the slack

Yeah, let's hope that nobody pulls a Lamar this year. I think Kaman and Brand will really help to give us some low-post options.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 22 of 82

Jump to: