Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Starting A Franchise: Jabari Parker or Lance Stephenson?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you want to build your team around?
Jabari Parker
76%
 76%  [ 55 ]
Lance Stephenson
23%
 23%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 72

OakleyCap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Starting A Franchise: Jabari Parker or Lance Stephenson? Reply with quote

You're put in charge of building a new expansion team. You are given the choice to build your team around Jabari Parker or Lance Stephenson. Who do you build your team around and why?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I am going with Jabari Parker because I believe that he has the potential to be a very good scorer and a good rebounder while providing average defense during the prime of his career. And on top of that he is a humble kid that has been in the spotlight for years and I think that would help him with the transition to becoming the face of a franchise.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This a serious question?

I like Lance quite a bit, but Jabari is the easy answer here.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
This a serious question?

I like Lance quite a bit, but Jabari is the easy answer here.

Yes Suave was trying to argue it in the off-season thread so I thought I'd see what the rest of you guys think.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going the wrong way about this.

But it's Jabari based of his potential.

BBL
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabari for sure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
This a serious question?

Yes.

He seems to think Jabari Parker is already one of the greatest rookies of all time. I think he'll top out as a second option on a team.

I also think that Stephenson, with an increased role, can evolve in to a solid #2 now that he'll be getting more shot attempts and average over 15 ppg.

So for me it's what kind of second option you'll be. A ball hogging PF in the mold of Carmelo (Parker) or a defensive jack of all trades at the 2 guard (Stephenson).

For me that's simple. It's much harder to get a reliable SG than it is a PF. In these days every team has a stretch 4 of some kind. I can get another one who can also play much better defense than Parker.

RIP Robin Williams
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling Jabari a PF really paints the discussion in a certain negative light. He's more than just that.

And Lance is more than just a 2 guard

Jabari = SF/PF
Lance = SG/SF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
He seems to think Jabari Parker is already one of the greatest rookies of all time. I think he'll top out as a second option on a team.

When did I say that he is already one of the greatest rookies ever? Should we completely ignore his great freshman season and the fact that he just went #2 overall in the draft?

You honestly believe in your heart that Jabari Parker tops out as a second option in the league?

Supersuavesky wrote:
I also think that Stephenson, with an increased role, can evolve in to a solid #2 now that he'll be getting more shot attempts and average over 15 ppg.

So you would take a two guard with character concerns that has been a third option for one season in a four year career because you believe he can become a 15 ppg scorer over one of the better prospects to come into the league in a while? lol, okay.

Supersuavesky wrote:
So for me it's what kind of second option you'll be. A ball hogging PF in the mold of Carmelo (Parker) or a defensive jack of all trades at the 2 guard (Stephenson).

For me that's simple. It's much harder to get a reliable SG than it is a PF. In these days every team has a stretch 4 of some kind. I can get another one who can also play much better defense than Parker.

You are so biased man, it's hilarious.

But you also believe that PJ Hairston is one of the most talented players in the league, so...

And you were just hyping Jabari Parker up like two weeks ago... Clearly you have an agenda here.

Supersuavesky wrote:
How many times does have to blow by somebody for a dunk before people realize that the numbers are a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an agenda because I don't think Parker is a superstar caliber player? Confused

When did I say he was going to be some horrible player? A number 2 caliber player is still a solid player.

And yes. I think Parker tops off at around a 20/10 player at his best. That's a David Lee kind of player. Not a superstar but good enough to help you win. Your the one who think's he's a future MVP contender.

And you consider Parker one of the best prospects in the past few years?

17 and 7 at around 44% while shooting around 35% from 3 is indeed one of the better rookie seasons around.

RIP Robin Williams
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Calling Jabari a PF really paints the discussion in a certain negative light. He's more than just that.

Jabari = SF/PF
Lance = SG/SF

I don't think Parker will ever be able to continuously play PF for a full season. And if they do you'd better have a great rim defender and a strong defensive player at the other wing.

RIP Robin Williams
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
I have an agenda because I don't think Parker is a superstar caliber player? Confused

When did I say he was going to be some horrible player? A number 2 caliber player is still a solid player.

And yes. I think Parker tops off at around a 20/10 player at his best. That's a David Lee kind of player. Not a superstar but good enough to help you win. Your the one who think's he's a future MVP contender.

And you consider Parker one of the best prospects in the past few years?

17 and 7 at around 44% while shooting around 35% from 3 is indeed one of the better rookie seasons around.

You have an agenda because you were praising Parker a few weeks ago and now you're bashing him because you want to get after me, lol.

You're selling him short. You know it, I know it, we all know it. To say that it is insane to say Parker could be an MVP candidate or one of the better scorers in the league one day is a fair prediction. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but the potential to be that is definitely there.

Yes and you don't?

I'm easily taking him over anyone in the 2013 draft, the only guy that I am taking over him in 2012 is Davis, the only guy I might take over him in 2011 is Kyrie, the only player that I might take over him in 2010 is Wall, and I'd take him over any prospect in the 2009 class other than Blake.

And it isn't an unfair prediction. Kid is the most complete scorer to come out since KD.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm selling him short because I don't think he's going to be a Durant, Rose, or LeBron caliber player?

Laughing

And you keep making it seem like I said Parker will be the eight best player from this draft class. I never said I hated him, hell I said he'd be a solid player. I just said he wouldn't be a superstar.

RIP Robin Williams
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Jabari = SF/PF
Lance = SG/SF

I don't think Parker will ever be able to continuously play PF for a full season. And if they do you'd better have a great rim defender and a strong defensive player at the other wing.
Good thing the Bucks do. Wink

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
I'm selling him short because I don't think he's going to be a Durant, Rose, or LeBron caliber player?

Laughing

And you keep making it seem like I said Parker will be the eight best player from this draft class. I never said I hated him, hell I said he'd be a solid player. I just said he wouldn't be a superstar.

You're selling him short because you said that he tops out as a number two option. And for as much crap as you've given him for his defense it just shows that he is a great offensive talent because he just went #2 overall in the draft despite it, right?

You said you'd take a complimentary role player with character issues over him if you were building a franchise.

But I shouldn't be surprised considering you said PJ Hairston is one of the most talented players in the league.

Last edited by OakleyCap on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: