Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Houston Rockets Thread: Southwest Champs #Pursuit
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Official Houston Rockets Thread: Southwest Champs #Pursuit Reply with quote

General Manager: Darryl Morey
Head Coach: Kevin McHale

Roster:

SF Trevor Ariza
PG Patrick Beverley
SG Corey Brewer
PF Clint Capela
C Joey Dorsey
SG James Harden
C Dwight Howard
SG Nick Johnson
PF Terrence Jones
SG KJ McDaniels
PF Donatas Motiejunas
SF Kostas Papanikolaou
PG Pablo Prigioni
PG Alexey Shved
SF/PF Josh Smith
PG/SG Jason Terry

Last edited by Texansfan713 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:03 pm; edited 9 times in total
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's lookinh increasingly likely that we are gonna be picking 9-13 in the first round this year and I'm thinking we have to go with a young big to be a long term answer at the back up center position.

Maybe a Cauley-stein or someone like that.

There are good odds we trade this pick too.

Canna, papa, DMo, and the pick have all increased in value since the season started should we go after someone

It's looking like a quiet trade market this season however.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking more like 12-14 to me. I think the Pelicans pick will fall in that range. Only way it doesnt is if AD goes down for a long time.

I really want us to get an instant offense type scorer off the bench with the pick. I know it's early, but someone like Caris LeVert would be nice. I didnt realize we could have 4 second round picks next year. Laughing

I hope we dont lose our composure tonight against the T-Wolves coming off a big win against the Grizzlies. They arent a good defensive and especially rebounding team so I think we will win this one big. If Corey Brewer goes off on us again Im going to be pissed. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's lookinh increasingly likely that we are gonna be picking 9-13 in the first round this year and I'm thinking we have to go with a young big to be a long term answer at the back up center position.

Canna, papa, DMo, and the pick have all increased in value since the season started should we go after someone

If Morey plays it right (and I expect him to) then we will not have that pick come draft night.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about our current team minus our 40% of guys that are hurt right now, and I've been asking myself why have we held up so far with so many guys out.

That's when it hit me. This current team minus our guys is better than our 8th seed team from 2013 for a number of reasons

1. Harden. He was key to that team and is the key now, only he plays D and is a lot better of a player

2. Our biggest subtraction has been an addition. Asik is the best missing piece of that team. He was an elite rim protector and rebounder and that's what has been missing. DMo has been a huge upgrade on that Asik on the offensive end. Normally that would be a negative trade, but with the team as a whole playing better D, it's actually a net positive to have a scoring big man.

3. More experience. That team had a young Terrance jones, this year we have a rookie papa, and thier abilities to understand basketball during thier rookie years are not even close. Papas experience has really helped him. Terry and Ariza have brought a lot to the table that young LIN and Parsons didn't bring.

4. Hope. Hope is a powerful thing, and knowing that first team all NBA type help is on the way is a powerful driving force for a team.

I'm not totally sure, but with our current guys I think we would be in the hunt for the 8th seed this year, which should excite some people as we are getting major help down the road and should be a legit contender if we play this tough D come playoff time.
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

If Morey plays it right (and I expect him to) then we will not have that pick come draft night.

...What would you move it for?

RTR
#JDI
GFalcon wrote:
go saints

Texansfan713 wrote:
Go Pelicans!
CAS22

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Something that will help us compete for a title this year.
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Well, duh, I just don't think anyone will be available that the Rockets would want. Maybe Millsap? You could probably offer a package Jones(if healthy), the Pelicans pick and a couple other picks for him but he's been great. I don't know if Atlanta would take it.

RTR
#JDI
GFalcon wrote:
go saints

Texansfan713 wrote:
Go Pelicans!
CAS22

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Well, duh, I just don't think anyone will be available that the Rockets would want. Maybe Millsap? You could probably offer a package Jones(if healthy), the Pelicans pick and a couple other picks for him but he's been great. I don't know if Atlanta would take it.

That would be ideal but I don't think they will bite.

Something that interests me is a Wilson Chandler and Mozgov package (if Denver were to fall out of the playoff race). They fit our needs perfectly.
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler? Really? Yeesh. Mozgov wouldn't be a bad get, and he should be relatively cheap.

RTR
#JDI
GFalcon wrote:
go saints

Texansfan713 wrote:
Go Pelicans!
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna take a clear upgrade at the 4 to trade the pick. Maybe a instant offense 6th man type player but neither seem out there right now.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's gonna take a clear upgrade at the 4 to trade the pick. Maybe a instant offense 6th man type player but neither seem out there right now.

I dont see why people are so content the Rockets need to upgrade at the 4? Point guard needs a bigger upgrade than power forward IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were to list our top 3 needs:

backup C
backup wing
PG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrien is killing us on the boards. Morey should have waived Dorsey to keep him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Papa getting hurt we now have no PGs and no PFs. Haha just getting absurd at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 1 of 54

Jump to: