Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 NBA Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: 2015 NBA Draft Prospects Thread Reply with quote

The "which teams are going to tank next year" thread kind of turned into a semi 2015 draft thread but not really so I thought that it was time to create a 2015 draft prospects thread. I'm going to make a post with my thoughts on some of the top guys heading into the season.

Duke '14-15 tracker: 14-0 (2-0 ACC); #2 AP, #2 Coaches Poll
49er pride

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predictions on how this will compare to 2014/2013? I know very little about the prospects this year

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
The kid is 18. If he was living in the US, he would just now be entering college. He has played for 3 years in the Spanish league, and he has gotten better every year.

Yes, he is still very raw. He definitely has to put on weight, but its not that big of a concern because of his age. He has a nice shooting stroke, so even though he only shoots around 30% from three at the moment, its expected that he should get much better with practice.

He will be a stretch 4, not a 3, and that should definitely be an advantage for him. His speed and quickness is going to be too much for other 4s guarding him. Defensively, he would get pushed around right now, but once again he should gain weight with age. He is great in the passing lanes, and blocks over 6 shots per 40 mins.

Obviously, there is a lot of projection with him, but his skill set is much higher at his age than all of the past top international big men. I think he is the closest thing to Dirk, since Dirk came out.

The upside is definitely there, I've been doing some homework on him the past couple of days and I like what I saw. He runs the floor extremely well, has a soft touch on his jumper, and has the potential to be a good rebounder and defender with his length and athleticism. He really needs to get stronger though. This is a kid that, despite being 7'0" with a very long wingspan, only shot 48% around the rim and averaged only 2 FTA per 40 minutes.

Yeah. Thats the one thing with him. He has to get stronger. If he does, then everything will fall together, and I think he will. He's not some 20 or 21 yr old international prospect. He is 18, and actually could still be growing. He should fill out in the next few years, and once he does, everything will be gravy. Going to be an amazing stretch 4. Its going to take something major to take him out of my top 2 prospects for next year.

it makes me mad, because the Hawks were rumored to have made him a promise at #15 this year, but he had to go and back out of the draft.

#JDI
catcheryea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "It's so early most of these guys haven't even picked their numbers yet" top 10.

1. Stanley Johnson
2. Emmanuel Mudiay
3. Kelly Oubre
4. Jahlil Okafor
5. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
6. Myles Turner
7. Cliff Alexander
8. Chris Walker
9. Karl Towns
10. Mario Hezonja

#Guschamp

skatebeanz wrote:
Sorry, you won't see reason.
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49er pride wrote:
Predictions on how this will compare to 2014/2013? I know very little about the prospects this year

No one knows how these freshmen will turn out, but this class has the potential to be very good. Not quite on the 2014 level, but could be head and shoulders ahead of 2013.

#JDI
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An updated big board heading into the season. I'm going to try to keep it updated and post it regularly throughout the year.

1. Jahlil Okafor | C | Duke
2. Emmanuel Mudiay | G | SMU
3. Karl Towns | FC | Kentucky
4. Stanley Johnson | SF | Arizona
5. Mario Hezonja | GF | FC Barcelona
6. Kristaps Porzingis | FC | Cajasol Seville
7. Kelly Oubre | GF | Kansas
8. Cliff Alexander | PF | Kansas
9. Myles Turner | FC | Texas
10. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson | SF | Arizona

OakleyCap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really intrigued by Mario Hezonja and Kristaps Porzingis, I think those two kids could be two of the best european prospects to come out in a while. Usually when I watch tape on european kids theres something that is just off about their game that kind of raises a red flag but when I watch those two both of their games scream future NBA players. Hezonja has some questions about his maturity and Porzingis has some questions about his strength, but both of those guys have the size, athleticism, and ability to be very good players in the NBA someday.

Rock-Stark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakley, Have you seen Nikola Mirotic? I would love to get your insight on him.
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock-Stark wrote:
Oakley, Have you seen Nikola Mirotic? I would love to get your insight on him.

Really good shooter, good but not great athlete, moves well for a guy his size though. He's athletic enough to take defenders off the bounce and skilled enough to put it on the ground a couple of times and then make a move. He should be really good in pick-n-roll and pick-n-pop situations in the league. He needs to continue to add strength so he can be effective on the low block, as a defender, and as a rebounder in the league though. If he reaches his potential I think that he could be a better version of Vladimir Radmanovic.

bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My waaaaaaaaay too early top 25. Things are subject to drastic changes throughout the year...

1.) Jahlil Okafor | C | Duke
2.) Emmanuel Mudiay | PG | Southern Methodist
3.) Stanley Johnson | SF | Arizona
4.) Karl Towns | C | Kentucky
5.) Mario Hezonja | SG | Barcelona
6.) Kelly Oubre | GF | Kansas
7.) Kristaps Porzingis | PF | Sevilla
8.) Cliff Alexander | PF | Kansas
9.) Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk | SG | Kansas
10.) Rondae Hollis-Jefferson | SF | Arizona
11.) Myles Turner | C | Texas
12.) Marc Garcia | SG | Spain
13.) Jarell Martin | F | Louisiana State
14.) Caris LeVert | SG | Michigan
15.) Chris Walker | F | Florida
16.) Ilimane Diop | C | Vitoria
17.) Montrezl Harrell | PF | Louisville
18.) Bobby Portis | PF | Arkansas
19.) Wayne Selden | SG | Kansas
20.) Jabari Bird | SF | California
21.) Dakari Johnson | C | Kentucky
22.) Sam Dekker | SF | Wisconsin
23.) Willie Cauley-Stein | C | Kentucky
24.) Brandon Ashley | PF | Arizona
25.) AJ Hammons | C | Purdue

Another loaded draft, I feel.

#JDI
R.I.P. Stuart Scott Crying or Very sad
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Point is really weak though. Outside of Mudiay, I don't see a single 1st round PG. Mykhailiuk can play the point but he's not necessarily one. Tyus Jones would be there but I don't see him as a one-and-done though.

In that regard, I don't see Justise Winslow, Justin Jackson, Theo Pinson or Joel Berry as one-and-dones either.

With a big freshman year, I could see Rashad Vaughn and D'Angelo Russell going pro just due to the lack of depth at SG.

#JDI
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Man, Point is really weak though. Outside of Mudiay, I don't see a single 1st round PG. Mykhailiuk can play the point but he's not necessarily one. Tyus Jones would be there but I don't see him as a one-and-done though.

In that regard, I don't see Justise Winslow, Justin Jackson, Theo Pinson or Joel Berry as one-and-dones either.

With a big freshman year, I could see Rashad Vaughn and D'Angelo Russell going pro just due to the lack of depth at SG.
I doubt Andrew Harrison falls out of the 1st unless he makes absolutely 0 improvements, which I certainly wouldn't anticipate after his play in the last few months of the year. He got early 2nd/late 1st feedback from NBA back in April, so I think at least minor improvements paired with being in a much weaker PG class would get him solidly into late 1st.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
I doubt Andrew Harrison falls out of the 1st unless he makes absolutely 0 improvements, which I certainly wouldn't anticipate after his play in the last few months of the year. He got early 2nd/late 1st feedback from NBA back in April, so I think at least minor improvements paired with being in a much weaker PG class would get him solidly into late 1st.
I just don't see it with Harrison. Either one of them.

#JDI
B_wolf84

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kasey Hill has a chance to get slide into 1st, he is an NBA level athlete but both him and Walker have a lot to prove this year as full time starters.
CAS22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montrezl should be a lottery pick. That dude is a freak of nature.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: