Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MVP Race
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: MVP Race Reply with quote

When the 2013-2014 season ended, it seemed like a given that next year Durant and James would once again go head to head to see who would win the MVP, things have changed for both of those guys, as well as a potential MVP player in Paul George.

PG is obviously not in the running
Durant is gonna have to score 35 a game post injury to get it
James is still James but I get the sense that he will take a step back, voluntarily of course, this season and let Love and Irving carry much more of the load, probably hurting his MVP chances

so who is left? Well Lets look back at the top 5 finishers over the last 3 seasons, and get a list of guys who have name recognition

2014 - Griffin, Noah, Harden
2013 - Melo, CP3, Kobe
2012 - CP3, Kobe, Parker

Looking at that list and it seems like Noah, and Kobe have the toughest path to get to MVP. Kobe because of his injury, and Noah because of his team getting better.

Griffin, Melo, CP3 and Harden are a good starting point. I would also add in Curry and Davis. i dont think that CP3 and Griffin will both be able to compete, but if I had to pick a pre season top 5, it would go something like this:

Griffin/CP3
Melo
Curry
Harden
Davis

if anyone of these 5 guys comes out of the gate posting big numbers, or they lead their team to an unexpectedly higher seeding than we would think, they have a path to win the MVP.

My pre season pick is Melo. If he leads the knicks to a top 4 seed while leading the league in scoring, then i think he might win it

of course there is always the chance that James still wins it, or Westbrook comes out on fire

predictions?
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, a guy like James Harden doesn't really have a chance. The Rockets more than likely won't have the overall record for him to be in consideration, he's not even in the same league as a player as his peers who are always in the running for league MVP and he's not even the best player on his own team. I'm not trying to be disrespecful, but Harden has virtually no chance.

Obviously LeBron will be up there. Durant will be up there as well. I'm expecting one of, if not maybe both Blake and Chris Paul. I could see Steph Curry ONLY if the Warriors have an elite record. Carmelo has next to no chance to win MVP, the Knicks would have to have an elite record and that just isn't going to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lebron will get it. The media loves him again and he'll put up good numbers on a team that he won't be constantly double teamed.

El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeBron won't put up the numbers..

It's probably going to be Blake.. He was putting up insane numbers without

CP3 last year.. He'll look to be carrying that momentum..

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
tabbaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Lebron will get it. The media loves him again and he'll put up good numbers on a team that he won't be constantly double teamed.

Even if he is constantly double teamed he just kicks it out for a wide open 3 because he's the GOAT.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are acting like LeBron is 36 years old or something or the dude has regressed. LeBron is still in his prime. He'll put up at least 26 PPG and 7 APG easily.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
People are acting like LeBron is 36 years old or something or the dude has regressed. LeBron is still in his prime. He'll put up at least 26 PPG and 7 APG easily.

It's not even about the age.. It's about playing with Kyrie and Love..
Besides, He's said many times that he doesn't want to carry the full load..

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

He's still gonna get his numbers. His assists will go up with all the shooters

Clutch5000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
IMO, a guy like James Harden doesn't really have a chance. The Rockets more than likely won't have the overall record for him to be in consideration, he's not even in the same league as a player as his peers who are always in the running for league MVP and he's not even the best player on his own team. I'm not trying to be disrespecful, but Harden has virtually no chance.

Obviously LeBron will be up there. Durant will be up there as well. I'm expecting one of, if not maybe both Blake and Chris Paul. I could see Steph Curry ONLY if the Warriors have an elite record. Carmelo has next to no chance to win MVP, the Knicks would have to have an elite record and that just isn't going to happen.

I would agree but Harden is young and has time to improve his offense to another level. At his skill level now and wht he's done, especially in the post season, isn't going to make an MVP but it's a slight possibility he steps up his game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch5000 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I would agree but Harden is young and has time to improve his offense to another level. At his skill level now and wht he's done, especially in the post season, isn't going to make an MVP but it's a slight possibility he steps up his game.

He can step his offensive game up 5 levels and he won't get MVP because of his defense

11sanchez11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

You guys have better shooters than the Heat the last couple years?

El ramster on the sig
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Kyrie, dion, love, miller, jones, Harris. Even Marion. And if we get ray Allen we'll be even better

l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Mike Miller, Ray Allen, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love. I would say so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Clutch5000 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

He can step his offensive game up 5 levels and he won't get MVP because of his defense
I don't agree with that. Lets say Harden scores like 30 PPG while shooting nearly 50% from the field and averages 5-6 assist per game all while leading Houston to the #1 or #2 seed in the West I think he would have a great shot at MVP. That could happen, but I don't see it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Kyrie, dion, love, miller, jones, Harris. Even Marion. And if we get ray Allen we'll be even better
We assuming Kyrie is just not going to be a terrible spot up shooter all of a sudden? Harris is gonna play like 20 minutes with Bron all year. Dion is average.

His 2013 squad: Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers (shot 41% from 3PT), Shane Battier, Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis, James Jones

El ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: