Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Rice vs Arian Foster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Ray Rice vs Arian Foster Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm in a fantasy football league that gives players points for every reception. I have the second pick and the first guy said he's taking Rodgers. Unbiased opinion, who do you take and why?
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to get an unbiased opinion on this one in the Ravens forum, but I'll give it a try. I don't think that you can lose with either guy, but Foster does have a bit more concern re: injury. He was injured at the end of his college career and the beginning of last season. Ray Rice is going to get you more catches and more total YFS I think, TD's are a toss-up. Both should have between 12 - 15 total TDs on the season. Ben Tate is also more likely to take whole series from Foster than BP IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaning towards rice. He gets more receptions, stays healthier and foster has ben tate as a backup. My question is, should I be worried about bernard pierce taking snaps away from Rice?
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
I'm leaning towards rice. He gets more receptions, stays healthier and foster has ben tate as a backup. My question is, should I be worried about bernard pierce taking snaps away from Rice?

I don't think Pierce will take any more snaps away from Rice than Ricky Williams did last year.

IMO the bigger concern with Rice is whether he holds out from Training Camp or not. If Rice signs his franchise tender or an extension before the deadline, then I don't see any reason why he couldn't reproduce last years production

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a regular league I'd say Arian. But in a PPR Rice is probably your best bet...pretty much a guarantee for anywhere near or above 70 receptions.
freezer-52

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccoy should also be considered, I like him more than Foster but can't go wrong with those 3
janky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbiased I think Ray Rice easily over Foster. First of all, Rice is twice as durable as Foster. RR gets more touches and doesn't split carries with Ben Tate and will easily have more YFS than Foster. TD production should be similar but I'd still take Rice all day. Pretty much what everyone else said.

LeSean McCoy vs. Ray Rice is a little closer of a comparison I think. Agreed that you can really go wrong with any of those 3. I think LeSean's TD numbers dip a bit from last year but should still be considered for your 2nd overall pick. I don't think McCoy is on the level of Rice as a goal line back but should still put up good numbers worthy of a high pick. Tough to choose but it's pretty much a coin flip.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands down Ray Rice.

However, you pick Ray Rice knowing that there's going to be 3-4 games this year where Cam Cameron gives him under 10 total touches, so take that in to account as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: