Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Help me pick an NHL team
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 48095
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Keep watching games and listen to your heart. It's hard to force a connection.

Just don't pick the Islanders, the worst team in professional sports. Laughing
I beg to differ. I'm a Milwaukee Bucks fan...Just sayin.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7272
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really can't go wrong by picking the Bruins. They aleady have a successful team and a terrific fanbase. They should still be contenders for years to come. Plus if your friends are Bruin fans then it makes it that much more enjoyable to watch the games with them.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
redsoxsuck05


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 8187
Location: LI
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Keep watching games and listen to your heart. It's hard to force a connection.

Just don't pick the Islanders, the worst team in professional sports. Laughing
I beg to differ. I'm a Milwaukee Bucks fan...Just sayin.








I win.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluesfreak74


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 1738
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
I really don't have a team either. I used to like the Blues before the lockout. I was a MacInnis and Pronger fan. But after the lockout, I never really got back into a team. I just enjoy watching it for fun. It's usually so exciting especially during playoffs.


We have a mini Pronger/Big Al combo in Petro/Shatty that looks very promising (especially Petro who IMO is a top 5 D man).

Now is the time to get on the Blues bandwagon before they host Lord Stanley for the first time. Very Happy

But like others have said, just watch games and go from there. I like the Bruins and the way they play.
_________________


El Ramster on this beaut!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12779
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:


I win.


They haven't moved outta that place yet?
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14558
Location: Sky is the limit and Space is the place
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Red Wings. Hockeytown USA. Got a very good team now, and tradition really is 2nd to none.


Montreal says hello.

Anyways, my suggestion would be to watch the sport for awhile without any immediate connections, find a favorite player or style, and then choose your club. That's how I became an Arsenal fan, and I don't see why that same method can't be applied to hockey.


Off topic...but you're an Arsenal fan? Another Eagles fan is an Aresenal fan? Whoa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 35039
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashville. Easily.

Young franchise that has been successful, the classy way. Great defensive team, and a physical team that is fun to watch.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15437
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, probably worst time to get into the NHL.

Better wait to see if they avoid a third lockout in 18 years....



I'd suggest as a new fan to pick the Oilers.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 48095
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Keep watching games and listen to your heart. It's hard to force a connection.

Just don't pick the Islanders, the worst team in professional sports. Laughing
I beg to differ. I'm a Milwaukee Bucks fan...Just sayin.
stuff


Worst Owner in sports


Terrible trade that set the franchise back


Vanilla Sky


Yi


Christmas Colors


Extremely bland arena


No, no, no. I win.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purpes17


Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 4126
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Keep watching games and listen to your heart. It's hard to force a connection.

Just don't pick the Islanders, the worst team in professional sports. Laughing
I beg to differ. I'm a Milwaukee Bucks fan...Just sayin.
stuff


Worst Owner in sports


Terrible trade that set the franchise back


Vanilla Sky


Yi


Christmas Colors


Extremely bland arena


No, no, no. I win.

I've been waiting for a uniform change so I can get a Jennings jersey. Can't really find the red uni's cheap online and I'm not rocking green and red Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 48095
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purpes17 wrote:
I've been waiting for a uniform change so I can get a Jennings jersey. Can't really find the red uni's cheap online and I'm not rocking green and red Laughing
By the time a uni change happens, Jennings likely won't even be a Buck anymore. Everything about our franchise sucks. Laughing
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redsoxsuck05


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 8187
Location: LI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Purpes17 wrote:
I've been waiting for a uniform change so I can get a Jennings jersey. Can't really find the red uni's cheap online and I'm not rocking green and red Laughing
By the time a uni change happens, Jennings likely won't even be a Buck anymore. Everything about our franchise sucks. Laughing


There is no one comparable to Charles Wang or any other owner in Islanders history. Not your guy, not Mike Brown, not Bill Wirtz...NO ONE!!

Does your owner:

1) Give players 15 year contracts
2) Fail miserably at keeping your franchise's location stable
3) Fire a respected GM 40 days after hiring him
4) Replace said GM with a backup goalie with no experience
5) Circumvent the cap to get to the floor
6) Erase team legends from history
7) Have a very shady background (by shady I mean deserving of jail time)
8 ) Take away press "credentials" on a whim

The world needs to know the idiocy of this man. And I've got a whole host of trades as well. Laughing

Now if we're talking franchise, you got us beat in every aspect. Arena? At least you have one. We play in an ancient mausoleum that was a dump when it was built 40 years ago. The Nets thought so too. We've already gone over ownership. Of course you have worst GM in sports history and consequently the Islanders have not won a playoff series in my ENTIRE LIFE (I'm 18 ).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12339
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with the Bruins from a hometown team perspective or Montreal for something a bit different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UofMfan909


Moderator
Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 29300
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmonton is going to be sick very soon. They're going to be insanely fun to watch. You'll be drawn to them just watching them, I bet.

If not the Oilers, Philly or Detroit. With Philly, you can watch them beat Pittsburgh for the next five to ten years, which will be awesome. Young group of players with a ton of talent. Giroux is a top five forward in the league. Detroit is the best hockey city in the States bar none. Consistent franchise that hasn't missed the playoffs in forever, and while some argue they're on the down swing, it seems unlikely Holland lets that happen. Datsyuk is possibly the best in the league with the pick in his hands.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
playmaker8267


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 9331
Location: University of New Hampshire
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Anyways, my suggestion would be to watch the sport for awhile without any immediate connections, find a favorite player or style, and then choose your club. That's how I became an Arsenal fan, and I don't see why that same method can't be applied to hockey.
I would do this, honestly. The bond with the team will be stronger and more natural if you choose a team based on something/someone you like about the franchise, rather than picking a team and trying to like things about that team.
_________________

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group