You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I need help with something....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbegley8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: I need help with something.... Reply with quote

Okay so I know this isnt a football question, but how do I get pictures on my post like everyone else has.
I have been on this site for over 4 years but I used to only use the site for reading but now that Im actually posting things and being active on this I would like my profile to look nice and original like everyone else.
Thanks to anyone that helps me out.
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: I need help with something.... Reply with quote

jbegley8 wrote:
Okay so I know this isnt a football question, but how do I get pictures on my post like everyone else has.
I have been on this site for over 4 years but I used to only use the site for reading but now that Im actually posting things and being active on this I would like my profile to look nice and original like everyone else.
Thanks to anyone that helps me out.

Do you mean as an avatar below your name, a signature pic below your posts, or just posting a pic in general to a post?

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
jbegley8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the avatar below your name and the signature pic below your posts.
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the one below your name, you need a pic in the range of 80x80-100x100 pixels, and preferably host it somewhere like photobucket. For sigs, not sure on the size limits, but i'm sure someone on the site would be happy to make one for you that conforms to the rules.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
fretgod99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the Sig/Avy forum. Lots of people there can help you come up with an idea for a sig or avatar if you're not sure what to do.

Avatars are restricted to 80x80 pixels (so Cypher, you're going to need to resize yours). Signatures are restricted to a height of 100 pixels and a width of 600 pixels. Rules here.

To use them, you'll go to your profile tab up at the top of your screen. Under the "signature" block, you just input the signature picture using the [img]url.link.to.picture[/img] coding, like for any picture. For the avatar, there's box at the bottom of your profile page where you can input a direct link to the url of the picture you want.

It's a good idea to set up a photobucket or similar account to store your pictures so you can have a direct link to them at all times. If you have somebody design it for you, they might clear out their stash, leaving you without the picture.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:

Avatars are restricted to 80x80 pixels (so Cypher, you're going to need to resize yours). Signatures are restricted to a height of 100 pixels and a width of 600 pixels. Rules here.

I went and looked around before resizing mine. There are at least 50 people with 100x100 avatars, including everyone using the RIP Al Davis avy. 90x90 and 100x100 are all over the place. One of the mods is even rocking an 85x85.

AkronsWitness wrote:
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:

I went and looked around before resizing mine. There are at least 50 people with 100x100 avatars, including everyone using the RIP Al Davis avy. 90x90 and 100x100 are all over the place. One of the mods is even rocking an 85x85.

Still doesn't make it legal...
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:

Still doesn't make it legal...[/quote]

I'm sorry, but if mods aren't following the rules to the letter, I see no reason why I should be singled out.

AkronsWitness wrote:
fretgod99

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I'm sorry, but if mods aren't following the rules to the letter, I see no reason why I should be singled out.
When I notice somebody with an oversized sig, I request that they correct it. All you need to do is resize it on photobucket or whatever site you use. It's takes less than two minutes.

Please resize your avatar.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
When I notice somebody with an oversized sig, I request that they correct it. All you need to do is resize it on photobucket or whatever site you use. It's takes less than two minutes.

Please resize your avatar.

You wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't blatantly said it was over 80x80. That's my issue.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=347052 - Our TAFT thread, in the last 5 pages, at least 8 posters with avatars that are obviously too large.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=493242 - A mod with an avatar larger than the rules forbid, along with 5 other posters. Despite 5+ mods posting multiple times, not a word was said to anyone.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=493878 - Another mod with an avatar larger than 80x80.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=488190&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120 - 14 different posters with oversized avatars. Despite three mods posting regularly, none of them notice the extremely blatant oversized avys?

Come on, man. The rule needs to be enforced fairly, or just not enforced. I'll change mine when the actual MODS follow their own rules.

AkronsWitness wrote:
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't up for debate. Fret has asked a few other posters to re-size today, they have, please follow suit.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: