Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 NHL Offseason Signings/Trades/Rumors and so on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
Beyond just being a hockey fan, this lockout is really pissing me off as a Wings fan. We have an old core and this is one of our last years of a legitimate shot at a title before we have to start retooling and replacing guys. We already lost Lidstrom, who knows how Datsyuk will react to playing a season back in Russia and if he'll really want to return, Zetterberg and Kronwall are both only getting higher up in the 30's, and a bunch of other guys (Bertuzzi.. not that I care if he leaves, Franzen, Sammuelsson, Cleary) are already on the wrong side of 30 and only getting higher up and likely regressing. One of our only young forwards really worth anything (Filppula) was supposed to be playing in the last year of his contract, too...

Plus, we're going to lose the Winter Classic (at least this year). Just a huge bummer.

I wouldn't worry about an aging group if I were you. The Red Wings are too well run to ever be down for long.

#JDI
BLick12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
Beyond just being a hockey fan, this lockout is really pissing me off as a Wings fan. We have an old core and this is one of our last years of a legitimate shot at a title before we have to start retooling and replacing guys. We already lost Lidstrom, who knows how Datsyuk will react to playing a season back in Russia and if he'll really want to return, Zetterberg and Kronwall are both only getting higher up in the 30's, and a bunch of other guys (Bertuzzi.. not that I care if he leaves, Franzen, Sammuelsson, Cleary) are already on the wrong side of 30 and only getting higher up and likely regressing. One of our only young forwards really worth anything (Filppula) was supposed to be playing in the last year of his contract, too...

Plus, we're going to lose the Winter Classic (at least this year). Just a huge bummer.

I wouldn't worry about an aging group if I were you. The Red Wings are too well run to ever be down for long.

I bet he is just more upset that he doesn't get to watch Datysuk on a nightly basis. I know that's how I am with Giroux and I also LOVE me some Datysuk. It is sad just not getting to watch these supreme talents in action.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mad because we're wasting a year of Chara when he's not getting any younger, and I don't get to see Dougie Hamilton play and Tyler Seguin develop.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
Beyond just being hockey fan, this lockout is really pissing me off as a Wings fan. We have an old core and this is one of our last years of a legitimate shot at a title before we have to start retooling and replacing guys. We already lost Lidstrom, who knows how Datsyuk will react to playing a season back in Russia and if he'll really want to return, Zetterberg and Kronwall are both only getting higher up in the 30's, and a bunch of other guys (Bertuzzi.. not that I care if he leaves, Franzen, Sammuelsson, Cleary) are already on the wrong side of 30 and only getting higher up and likely regressing. One of our only young forwards really worth anything (Filppula) was supposed to be playing in the last year of his contract, too...

I bet he is just more upset that he doesn't get to watch Datysuk on a nightly basis. I know that's how I am with Giroux and I also LOVE me some Datysuk. It is sad just not getting to watch these supreme talents in action.

Meh, I mean he's playing in the KHL so it shouldn't be hard to see him play, but yeah, pretty upsetting he's losing a year as a Wing.

And I don't see the Wings going into a Dead Wing era or anything... they have a lot of good talent in their system, but the championship window is closing pretty quickly with the current core.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter Classic is off

Next stop: the entire NHL season canceled Sad
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
Winter Classic is off

Next stop: the entire NHL season canceled Sad

It was a financial inevitability that it'd be cancelled today. I just hope they keep the game as the Wings against the Leafs whenever it happens next.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A trio of Niagara IceDogs have 4+ point nights tonight as the IceDogs are pounding Guelph 9-4 late in the third. Brett Richie (Stars, '11 2nd round) has 4-2-6, Ryan Strome (Islanders, '11 1st round) has 1-4-5, and Dougie Hamilton (Bruins, '11 1st round) has 0-4-4. Alex Galchenyuk (Canadiens, '12 1st round) has 2-2-4 as Sarnia's beating Plymouth right now. Mark Scheifele (Jets, '11 1st round) had 3-1-4 in a 5-4 OT win for Barrie.

#JDI
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two leading assist men in the Swiss league are Linus Omark (19 in 18 games) and Glen Metropolit. (18 in 19 games at 38 years old. What?) Rick Nash has 9-5-14 in 12, Patrick Kane has 1-4-5 in his first 2, and John Tavares has 6-9-15 in 11. Biel is the only team with two players with 10+ goals, Tyler Seguin (12-10-22 in 14) and Jakob Micflickier. (10-11-21 in 17) Those numbers all stood out to me.

#JDI
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Quick is going to be playing for my hometown Manchester Monarchs of the AHL this season. Quick's recovering from back surgery and I'm pretty sure that's why he's allowed to play in the AHL, for rehab purposes. It's not known yet whether he'll be limited to a certain number of games before he has to get out of there. Either way, I'm pretty happy.

#JDI
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling we gonna get some hockey very, very soon Cool
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

God, I hope so.

On a side note.... hilarious Giroux - Berlin shirt.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
bkobow05

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
We damn well better. Laughing

I miss watching my Devils.

#JDI
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
We damn well better. Laughing

I miss watching my Devils.

Anyone know how the Junior eligible prospects availability will be impacted by a delayed season?

Couple examples Buffalos Grigorenko (I expected to start in Buffalo) but already playing handful of games in the Q where he doesn't belong.

I've been paying extra attention to the Niagara Ice Dogs my local OHL team and Hamilton, Ritchie and Ryan Strome have no business still in Junior.. Ritchie has like 9 goals in last 2 games, Strome has like 10 points last 3 and Hamilton is dominating on back end
flyers0909

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait until Friday. The Phantoms are coming to Rochester to play the Amerks so I get to go see Couturier, Schenn, Wellwood, Rinaldo, etc. play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
Can't wait until Friday. The Phantoms are coming to Rochester to play the Amerks so I get to go see Couturier, Schenn, Wellwood, Rinaldo, etc. play.

Plus Marcus Foligno and Zemgus Girgensons Cool , not sure Hodgson is ready to go for Amerks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 48 of 58

Jump to: