Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Wimbledon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win the 2012 Edition of Wimbledon
Novak Djokovic
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Rafael Nadal
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Rodger Federer
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Andy Murray
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Other
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

mse326

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
How could it get easier?

1. Djok vs 3. Fed
2. Nad vs 4. Murray

Now it will be

1. Fed vs 3 Nad
2. Djok vs 4 Murray
Is it always 1-3 and 2-4 on each side of the bracket? Plus the seedings don't always reflect the actual rankings.

No. Sometimes it is 1 v 4. That is why I said he doesn't necessarilly have to, but he still might.

As for seedings, only Wimbledon alters because there isn't a grass court season.

#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this year

Australia
1v4
2v3

French
1v3
2v4

Wimbledon
1v3
2v4

US Open last year was
1v4
2v3

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
SanDiegoScrubs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Really feel for Murray. You could see how much he put into this. I hope he wins a grand slam someday; he deserves it.

Having said that, Federer is so good it's not even fair.

Yeah I don't like Murray mainly because of all the undeserved hype he got, but his speech after he lost made me feel for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
Federer is just incredible to watch. I hope he can get to 300 weeks at #1 and push his Grand Slam total to 20. He now has 6 more Grand Slams than Nadal and 12 more than Djokovic. Even if he stays at 17 I don't think either of those 2 will be able to make up that much ground.

Agree with watching Federer. His game is so smooth and brilliantly controlled, its amazing him to watch him when he's in form.

^Kempes
seminoles1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't feel like starting a new thread, so I'm just going to post a question and a thought here:

1. Is the Djokovic-Nadal rivalry better than the Federer-Nadal rivalry? It almost certainly will end up that way considering the age of Djokovic and Nadal (they've already played more times than Federer-Nadal and are only 3 Slam finals against each other from tying the Federer-Nadal record of 8 Slam finals), but has it already surpassed the Federer-Nadal rivalry that dominated the sport for 6 years?

2. It will be absolutely incredible for tennis and for the US Open if Andy Murray can win the Gold medal at the Olympics. Then you'd have the Australian Open champion (Djokovic), the French Open champion (Nadal), the Wimbledon champion (Federer), and the Olympic Gold medalist (Murray) battling it out for 2012 supremacy at the US Open.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not think that Federer was gonna win this, but props to him on doing so.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
I didn't feel like starting a new thread, so I'm just going to post a question and a thought here:

1. Is the Djokovic-Nadal rivalry better than the Federer-Nadal rivalry? It almost certainly will end up that way considering the age of Djokovic and Nadal (they've already played more times than Federer-Nadal and are only 3 Slam finals against each other from tying the Federer-Nadal record of 8 Slam finals), but has it already surpassed the Federer-Nadal rivalry that dominated the sport for 6 years?

2. It will be absolutely incredible for tennis and for the US Open if Andy Murray can win the Gold medal at the Olympics. Then you'd have the Australian Open champion (Djokovic), the French Open champion (Nadal), the Wimbledon champion (Federer), and the Olympic Gold medalist (Murray) battling it out for 2012 supremacy at the US Open.

1. Not yet. A)One thing about Fed-Nadal is they were the unquestioned best in the world at the time. Fed still being at the level he is at stops that from happening with Nadal-Djokovic. B)It's only been 1 year in slams basically and Novak has to show he can do it consistently particularly at the French. C)Slams are all that matter so having played more is meaningless. D) They need at least 1 more 5 setter. In both of the matchups all the matches routinely go at least 4 (though only one that hasn't was the thumping at the 2008 French against Fed). Still Nada-Djokovic only have this years Australian which was brilliant, but doesn't matchup to the 3 epics including possibly the best ever final that Nada and Fed had. E) Playing off that Fed-Nadal have the best match ever to their credit which automatically elevates their rivalry. So the Nadal-Djokovic really has to do more.

Like you said given their ages it could happen, but I don't think it will. It will get close and will be good enough to mention in the same breath, but not quite better.

2. Agree

#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly the AO final between Djokovic and Nadal was better than AO final and 2007 Wimbledon finals between Nadal and Federer IMO, but nonetheless I agree with both the points.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: