Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dimitroff Named Horrigan Award Winner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Dimitroff Named Horrigan Award Winner Reply with quote

http://blog.atlantafalcons.com/jayadams/2012/06/21/dimitroff-named-horrigan-award-winner-by-pfwa/

Quote:
Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff was named the 2012 Jack Horrigan Award winner by the Professional Football Writers of America, it was announced Thursday, for making himself consistently available to local and national media.

Quote:
Dimitroff is the 39th winner of the Horrigan Award and is the first NFL general manager since 2006 and third member of the Falcons organization to earn the honor from PFWA. President & CEO Rich McKay was named the Horrigan Award winner in 2005.

This is a well deserved award. Congrats TD!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media 's way of saying thanks for being our b i t c h.
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like them saying thanks for being quick, informative, helpful, and easy to interact with. If you say it like that you're saying he does it because he feels obligated, but I think he likes letting the media and us fans know what's going on inside the organization they are rooting for/writing about. You can have whatever opinion you want though..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon there is no need for that answer. If you have to go out of your to do something chances are it probably isn't a good idea.

Anyway congrats to Dimitroff. It's always nice to see someone recognized for going out of there way to do something.
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
Cmon there is no need for that answer. If you have to go out of your to do something chances are it probably isn't a good idea.

Anyway congrats to Dimitroff. It's always nice to see someone recognized for going out of there way to do something.

Agreed. I thought it was pretty cool for TD to get that award, not something to look down upon him for..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon guys lighten up it's called sarcasm. It's nice to be recognized for an award, but your fooling yourself if you think football people want to deal with the media. He would rather be watching tape on a player or working the phone to get his team additional personnel then listening to Buck Lanford ask him again if he thinks Matt is the answer at QB.
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
Cmon guys lighten up it's called sarcasm. It's nice to be recognized for an award, but your fooling yourself if you think football people want to deal with the media. He would rather be watching tape on a player or working the phone to get his team additional personnel then listening to Buck Lanford ask him again if he thinks Matt is the answer at QB.

I'm just going to say what I think and be done with it. This next statement refers to all GMs and not just TD....

I think if they really care for the organization itself, then they want to tell the fans and media what kind of good things are happening in direct correlation to his moves specifically. If he just drafted someone that could really help the team, then they want to go tell everyone about it (kind of like bragging in a way I guess).

I'm sure there are definitely GMs who go through the motions and really couldn't care less. However if you are trying to convince me all GMs are like that, I think you are off. I think TD is the exact opposite of that, and other guys in the league as well, but again you can have your opinion.

I am officially done with this at this current moment. Congrats TD, it is well deserved is all I have to say!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I will get as excited as you guys when he actually wins an award related to football. I think it's a nice thing don't get me wrong, I just can't get jazzed about an award for answering stupid questions asked by the morons in the media. Wink
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
I guess I will get as excited as you guys when he actually wins an award related to football. I think it's a nice thing don't get me wrong, I just can't get jazzed about an award for answering stupid questions asked by the morons in the media. Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Alright man.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:

He's been GM of the year twice now Wink

But I actually completely agree with you. This award means absolutely nothing lol. I mean its nice that he talks to the media and let's the fan base in on things, but the fact that he won an award for it is really no big deal.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah winning an award is nothing. He won an award that only 38 other people in the world have won.

All those "dumb questions" he answers hold some importance to understanding the team. How often have we quoted a radio show, interview, he took part in? Give the man credit. He is spending his time and going out of his way to do us a favor.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need football...

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
We need football...

Amen brother.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
Yeah winning an award is nothing. He won an award that only 38 other people in the world have won.

All those "dumb questions" he answers hold some importance to understanding the team. How often have we quoted a radio show, interview, he took part in? Give the man credit. He is spending his time and going out of his way to do us a favor.

Every year on Christmas day my family plays a football game. And the MVP of that game receives the family MVP award and a lot of chocolate. Only like 7 people in the world have won that lol. More people have won the Superbowl MVP award, does that make it less significant? Laughing

Hahaha this argument is ridiculous. Its great that we have a GM that answers our questions/questions of the media, but its definitely not "super-cool" that he won an award for it. Thats something thats nice for him that he can hang up in his office or something.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
The media 's way of saying thanks for being our b i t c h.

How did an MOD miss this? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: