Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons Waived Pearcy

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BladeKor


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Falcons Waived Pearcy Reply with quote

So much for giving him a chance to shine in pre-season. I'm going to be sick if this dude gets signed by somebody else and he turns into a really good KR/PR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sucks. says a lot about how they like James Rodgers though. Rodgers right now is in the top group for a kick and punt returner.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2684
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
it sucks. says a lot about how they like James Rodgers though. Rodgers right now is in the top group for a kick and punt returner.


I really hope Rodgers is coming back from his knee injury 100%. I liked both Rodgers brothers a ton in college. It's pretty cool we have them both now.
_________________


Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of all the underdogs, the two I am rooting for the most to make the team are Michael Calvin and Marty Markett, two physical freaks. Calvin is probably the more athletic of the two, while Markett provides value on special teams. Do not want James Rodgers to make the team, he has absolutely no value as a receiver in the NFL. But that could change if he impresses me a lot in the preseason.
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BladeKor


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
it sucks. says a lot about how they like James Rodgers though. Rodgers right now is in the top group for a kick and punt returner.


it doesn't mean James is safe though. He could just be next to get waived.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GrimeyKid


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 1111
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping for James Rodgers and Michael Calvin. I wanna see how they are in preseason. Maybe Pearcy can get on the practice squad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14338
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
Hoping for James Rodgers and Michael Calvin. I wanna see how they are in preseason. Maybe Pearcy can get on the practice squad

Being one of the first cut doesn't help...

Calvin is my favorite UDFA for us this year. I have big time faith in his skills.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BladeKor


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Calvin making it either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
I don't see Calvin making it either.

I don't really see it too much either. If we keep 5 WRs I expect them to be:
Our main 3 (Roddy, Julio, and Harry)
Kerry Meier
DJ Davis

Im starting to hate Meier though. He better pick up his ish this training camp and show that his knee is fully healed. Otherwise it would be a lot better to keep Calvin or even James Rodgers
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14338
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see us keep Calvin as the 5th WR and James as a return specialist. I don't think keeping 6 WRs is a stretch for us this year...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
I don't see Calvin making it either.

I don't really see it too much either. If we keep 5 WRs I expect them to be:
Our main 3 (Roddy, Julio, and Harry)
Kerry Meier
DJ Davis

Im starting to hate Meier though. He better pick up his ish this training camp and show that his knee is fully healed. Otherwise it would be a lot better to keep Calvin or even James Rodgers
I truly doubt DJ Davis makes the roster. He has been running with last string everything and sees extremely minimal reps.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
I don't see Calvin making it either.

I don't really see it too much either. If we keep 5 WRs I expect them to be:
Our main 3 (Roddy, Julio, and Harry)
Kerry Meier
DJ Davis

Im starting to hate Meier though. He better pick up his ish this training camp and show that his knee is fully healed. Otherwise it would be a lot better to keep Calvin or even James Rodgers
I truly doubt DJ Davis makes the roster. He has been running with last string everything and sees extremely minimal reps.

Oh, didn't know that. The logic behind that prediction was that he is known for being a high effort player, something that is needed on special teams since Eric Weems left. I just read an article today where Terry Robiskie is trying to find a guy to be the "next Eric Weems". DJ Davis fit that bill more than any of the other WRs in my eyes, and the fact that hes a very willing blocker on offense helps him a lot. But if Calvin can provide the same impact on special teams, its no secret that I would rather Calvin make the team. We also cannot count out Kevin Cone, who the team seems to like.
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14338
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Rotoworld:

Quote:
Kevin Cone and Drew Davis are considered the favorites for the Falcons' final wideout spot.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BladeKor


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
From Rotoworld:

Quote:
Kevin Cone and Drew Davis are considered the favorites for the Falcons' final wideout spot.


I don't see what's special about cone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
From Rotoworld:

Quote:
Kevin Cone and Drew Davis are considered the favorites for the Falcons' final wideout spot.
that's from a Falcons site article by Jay Adams that says it's a complete toss up and in context says that those guys COULD be the favorites.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group