Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Comparisons for 2013 RB's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
willy_law

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knile Davis I don't see DeMarco.. I honestly see some Arian Foster in Knile

Kenjon Barner..Ahmad Bradshaw?
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see the hype behind Davis, hes injury prone and his tape from 2010 ive seen isnt overly impressive. Certainly not arian Foster.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
I dont see the hype behind Davis, hes injury prone and his tape from 2010 ive seen isnt overly impressive. Certainly not arian Foster.

I actually would say he's a lot like Foster. Good at just about everything but great at nothing. Good burst to the hole, great patience, good vision for cutback lanes and really good overall vision. Hits the hole fast and with authority.

I think you put Davis in a ZBS and he'd be pretty lethal. Has that type of skill-set, just like Foster.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Knile Davis I don't see DeMarco.. I honestly see some Arian Foster in Knile

Kenjon Barner..Ahmad Bradshaw?

Davis has more wiggle than Murray, but they're both roughly the same size and long speed. Foster is thicker in the legs than both.

Bradshaw is bigger, stronger, not as fast, and cuts harder than Barner.
gohogs14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

He only started about 6 games in 2010 and led the SEC in rushing. He has great speed for a guy at 230 and is a hard worker with great character...he's young for his class so i think he still has growing left in him...but yeah he does have bad injury issues that will drop his stock. He worked out a lot on his upper body since he broke his ankle. He's one of the strongest players on the team...they make him stop benching at 475. I'll probably get roasted for saying this but he's been more effective than lattimore so far in college.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gohogs14 wrote:
I'll probably get roasted for saying this but he's been more effective than lattimore so far in college.

Depends on how you define more effective. Lattimore is better but Davis was a tad more effective as a runner in 2010. Although, he did have a better OL.

gohogs14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:
I'll probably get roasted for saying this but he's been more effective than lattimore so far in college.

Depends on how you define more effective. Lattimore is better but Davis was a tad more effective as a runner in 2010. Although, he did have a better OL.

I'll admit that we had mallett to take pressure off of him but Lattimore's best season was 1197 yards on 249 carries. Davis rushed for 1322 yards on 204 carries. When Lattimore got hurt last year, he was still only averaging 5 yards per carry. Well short of the 6.5 Knile Davis had in 2010.

Every game after the Bama game, he got more and more carries because he was averaging an UNGODLY amount of yards per carry in every game he was in. 7.0 against Bama. 8.2 against aTm. 6.5 against Auburn. 8.0 against Ole Miss consecutively. He didn't get more than 20 carries in a game until Ole Miss though...Auburn he had 14.

Im not saying he's better but i think its pretty close. I don't think Davis will have as good of a season as 2010 because our OL isn't as good but Lattimore's injury was worse than Knile's too so we'll have to see.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gohogs14 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:

I'll admit that we had mallett to take pressure off of him but Lattimore's best season was 1197 yards on 249 carries. Davis rushed for 1322 yards on 204 carries. When Lattimore got hurt last year, he was still only averaging 5 yards per carry. Well short of the 6.5 Knile Davis had in 2010.

Every game after the Bama game, he got more and more carries because he was averaging an UNGODLY amount of yards per carry in every game he was in. 7.0 against Bama. 8.2 against aTm. 6.5 against Auburn. 8.0 against Ole Miss consecutively. He didn't get more than 20 carries in a game until Ole Miss though...Auburn he had 14.

Im not saying he's better but i think its pretty close. I don't think Davis will have as good of a season as 2010 because our OL isn't as good but Lattimore's injury was worse than Knile's too so we'll have to see.

It ain't really that close. Lattimore is a more talented runner and is a better receiver and blocker. Lattimore is a top 15 talent while Davis is more of a 2nd round talent.

gohogs14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:

It ain't really that close. Lattimore is a more talented runner and is a better receiver and blocker. Lattimore is a top 15 talent while Davis is more of a 2nd round talent.

Well if he is he hasn't shown it yet. I guess im biased since Davis outperformed him in their only game head to head. I can agree with Lattimore being a better receiver and blocker which would give him the edge.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gohogs14 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:

Well if he is he hasn't shown it yet. I guess im biased since Davis outperformed him in their only game head to head. I can agree with Lattimore being a better receiver and blocker which would give him the edge.

Actually, that's the thing, he has. I mean, Jarius Wright outproduced Rueben Randle but Randle was drafted earlier because he was a better prospect and talent. Lattimore is a better talent. SC has had a pretty mediocre OL the last 2 years and Lattimore has still shown off great ability.

gohogs14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:

Actually, that's the thing, he has. I mean, Jarius Wright outproduced Rueben Randle but Randle was drafted earlier because he was a better prospect and talent. Lattimore is a better talent. SC has had a pretty mediocre OL the last 2 years and Lattimore has still shown off great ability.

Fair enough...but it's not like you're comparing lattimore to jeff demps. We'll see if he's the same player after the ACL injury. I could be proven completely wrong lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gohogs14 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:

Fair enough...but it's not like you're comparing lattimore to jeff demps. We'll see if he's the same player after the ACL injury. I could be proven completely wrong lol

Nope. I'm comparing him to another talented HB. And we'll see how both are after their injuries but I think Lattimore should be just fine. He was doing ok during Spring semester.

norcalgsr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Cierre Wood wasn't a good comp for LeSean McCoy.

So, I'll go with Charles Sims as a comp for McCoy.
willy_law

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

I actually would say he's a lot like Foster. Good at just about everything but great at nothing. Good burst to the hole, great patience, good vision for cutback lanes and really good overall vision. Hits the hole fast and with authority.

I think you put Davis in a ZBS and he'd be pretty lethal. Has that type of skill-set, just like Foster.

This.
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenjon Barner = Foswhitt Whittaker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: