Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

(S.O.A.R.) Seahawks Official All-Rookie thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: (S.O.A.R.) Seahawks Official All-Rookie thread Reply with quote

All information concerning our rookies this year should go in this thread.

Bruce Irvin
Bobby Wagner
Russell Wilson
Robert Turbin
Jaye Howard
Korey Toomer
Jeremy Lane
Winston Guy
JR Sweezey
Greg Scruggs

UDFA's

This thread is desgned for: Highlights, News reports, Stats, Plays, Game Talk, Predictions, Discussions....everything concerning the rooks

With the success of the H.O.T, Tast and other themed threads...i thought i'd keep the trend going. So without too much talk, let's kick it off

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start with some russell wilson highlights, this thread probably won't truly break in until mid summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8r7wLnb1xc

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long do you take to think of these acronyms Laughing
imani

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Not long too, like 10 seconds lol

Are they that bad?

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Not long too, like 10 seconds lol

Are they that bad?

No, they're good. You should come up with these for a living Laughing
imani

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Irvin, first good official news on a rookie

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2018320302_bruceislooseseahawksrookierunningwild.html

Quote:
Chris Clemons was not present at the team's offseason workout on Wednesday, which is not all that significant in and of itself.
These workouts are voluntary, and Clemons was not present for the team's workout last Thursday, which was open to the media.

What that has done is open an opportunity for rookie Bruce Irvin, the team's first-round pick, who looked very fast off the edge and during one pass rush, showed a great change of direction, catching the offensive tackle off balance and ducking inside.

Irvin, 24, was slated to step into the role Raheem Brock filled the past two years as a backup defensive end and staple of the third-down pass-rush package.

Clemons has started at defensive end the past two years, recording 22 sacks. He is 30, and entering the final year of his contract, which calls for him to make $4 million in salary.

Again, these workouts are voluntary, but Clemons' absence has given Irvin more looks with the first-unit defense.

imani

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UDFA Update: The final few

http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/06/22/and-then-there-were-10/

Quote:
The Seahawks offseason program is down to the last players standing: The rookie free agents.
The teams 10 draft choices completed their offseason work today. Saturday, they head to Ohio for the four-day NFL Rookie Symposium, which starts on Sunday for the NFC players. Then theyre off until training camp start in late July. The veterans called it a wrap after the final practice in last weeks minicamp.
So Monday, the only group left for the final three days in the offseason program at Virginia Mason Athletic Center will be the rookies who have been added since the draft. Seven were signed just after the draft wide receivers Phil Bates, Jermaine Kearse and Lavasier Tuinei; guard Rishaw Johnson, tight end Sean McGrath, safety DeShawn Shead and kicker Carson Wiggs. Two others were signed after tryouts in minicamps cornerback Donny Lisowski and linebacker Kyle Knox. One defensive end Cordarro Law was signed between the draft in April and the rookie minicamp in May.
Its a learning experience in itself, just learning how to be a pro, Bates said of watching the numbers diminish. Its pretty good, because Ive learned a lot this week.
And he has done it from the front of the line rather than back, as was the case when the veterans were around.
You take the stuff you learned while the vets were here and now youre working it on by yourself and trying to master your craft, Bates said. Im enjoying it. Im enjoying it a lot.
Even with the vets gone, third-round draft choice Russell Wilson has been around to throw to Bates, Tuinei and McGrath (Kearse is sidelined with a foot injury). But Wilson is off to the symposium, so the rookie QB wont be around next week.
Ive got the Jugs machine, Bates said with a smile. So that will help me out. Im going to miss Russell, of course. But Ive got the Jugs machine.

imani

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie Chat: Bobby Wagner

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/68441/chat-wrap-seahawks-next-middle-backer

Quote:
"What are your impressions of Bobby Wagner so far?" Griz from Montana asked. "Is he going to be able to step in and at least be a stable presence at MLB? I'm hoping his speed allows K.J. Wright to rush the passer a little more often this year."

Wagner appears smooth and athletic. He's thick through his legs. We haven't seen him operate in a padded practice to this point, so we're missing a key component of the initial evaluation -- especially for a middle linebacker.

Playing the position well requires the quickness to avoid blocks and the strength to hold up when forced to engage offensive linemen. It's also helpful to have a strong enough feel for the game to handle play calls and alignments before the snap. The Seahawks sound confident Wagner has the necessary physical attributes.

"What we watched about him [at Utah State] was just his speed -- he had real good speed," defensive coordinator Gus Bradley said as minicamps wrapped up last week. "That is something like we felt we needed in that spot. He was also really, really effective with his hands. And in the spot we have him, at the Mike, you have to have really good hands, explosiveness, and he had those traits."

The Seahawks are still in the early stages of figuring out how well Wagner will handle the mental side of the game, especially early. Wright will help with play calls and alignments as needed. Wagner, a second-round choice set to replace free-agent subtraction David Hawthorne, was handling those duties with the base defense during minicamps. It's a tough transition to make.

"He was in a [college] system where they may have run two or three defenses in a game," Bradley said. "We had to say, 'OK, now, the learning curve for him, how is he going to be able to handle that?' And hes been good, but weve thrown a lot at him. Hes in charge of calling the huddle, setting the front, making some checks. Plus, instead of two defenses, 25 defenses."

Wagner projects as the middle linebacker on early downs. Wright will be the middle linebacker in the nickel defense.

Expanding Wright's role to include a pass-rushing element would seem to make sense based on Wright's height (6-foot-4), ranginess, smarts and feel for the game. The team did expand that aspect of his role late last season. We could see more of that from him in 2012. It doesn't appear to be a primary point of emphasis. It wasn't something I discussed with Bradley or Wright when speaking with them last week.

Wright on his goals for 2012: "Be more of a big-time guy, be out there on all three downs, make some turnovers, just take that next step as far as being a good NFL football player."

adamq

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Seahawk's Bruce Irvin Forgets What Team Drafted Him, Thinks He is a Redskin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFrQFps79k&feature=g-trend

-kiltman
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

Lmao, all you can do is face palm.

Oh well, as long as he sacks the QB I don't care if he can do simple addition Laughing
Dr.Seahawk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

Wow...... well to be honest my wife's family is from Philly and I had many of them talking to me about the Redskins while I was visiting with her over the winter. Asking me about DC etc...(I am from Washington state) If your not from Washington state then you probably dont really give a crap about us. The west coast in general gets little respect from the east or from anywhere else in the US. Why do you think there was little of no uproar about what happen with the Sonics? The Sonics are from Washington state, they weren't a storied franchise like the Celtics, Knicks or Lakes.
adamq

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Seahawk wrote:
adamq wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

Wow...... well to be honest my wife's family is from Philly and I had many of them talking to me about the Redskins while I was visiting with her over the winter. Asking me about DC etc...(I am from Washington state) If your not from Washington state then you probably dont really give a crap about us. The west coast in general gets little respect from the east or from anywhere else in the US. Why do you think there was little of no uproar about what happen with the Sonics? The Sonics are from Washington state, they weren't a storied franchise like the Celtics, Knicks or Lakes.

True, I'm thinking it was a Freudian slip though. He is/was probably a big Skins fan or when he talked to them pre draft he thought they would take him.

-kiltman
imani

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
Dr.Seahawk wrote:
adamq wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

True, I'm thinking it was a Freudian slip though. He is/was probably a big Skins fan or when he talked to them pre draft he thought they would take him.

it's because he was thinking of being in "washington" while he was talking, but still. It kinda makes you wonder about all that "honored to be a seahawk" ish.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
it's because he was thinking of being in "washington" while he was talking, but still. It kinda makes you wonder about all that "honored to be a seahawk" ish.

Let's not sugar coat it. I'm sure he's happy to be a Seahawk, but he's really honored to be in the NFL.
Shazor4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Irvin not say a "Washington number"? As somebody who does not know how US numbers work, is he on about the state or city?

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
Does Irvin not say a "Washington number"? As somebody who does not know how US numbers work, is he on about the state or city?

He's just referring to a Washington state area code. Each state has several area codes that allow the receiver to get a general sense of the location of the call. Considering the team's practice facility is located in Renton, this makes more sense than him saying a "Seattle number" called him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: