Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Atlanta Falcons Training Camp: Matt Hansen Injured
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Atlanta Falcons Training Camp: Matt Hansen Injured Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1247453-atlanta-falcons-training-camp-matt-hansen-injured-during-mini-camps
Quote:
Matt Hansen got suffered an injury to his knee in the latest minicamp and is looking like he could be out for training camp in 2012. Hansen initially broke the news on his Twitter account

So who steps up for that backup WLB role now?

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrell Harris?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
Jerrell Harris?
meh, he's more of a SLB. Hansen could fly around like Spoon. Schiller could make sense.

Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOO!!! Season is over now...
coors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with him being injured, it should be fun having a camp battle for that backup position.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
NOO!!! Season is over now...

Haha. My thoughts exactly.

But on a more respectful note, I hope we keep him if not just on the PS. I think he's shown some potential and I hope he heals fast.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert James is the more than obvious choice
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt told me this morning that he tore his patellar tendon. that sucks. he's out for the season.

adam9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

I was thinking so too. I was thinking he might beat Hansen anyways (not 100% but I do like James better)..

I think next year we gotta get some LB depth in the draft anyways.. I wouldn't mind going LB in the 2nd or 3rd and then again in one of the later rounds as well..

I think the real question is who gets the 5th WR spot...

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
idk, he still has to compete with Pat Schiller and a few others. Plus still possibility of bringing back Mike Peterson.

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
idk, he still has to compete with Pat Schiller and a few others. Plus still possibility of bringing back Mike Peterson.

Its been stated several times by coaches that James and Adkins have a good competition going. I don't wheRe the idea came from that Hansen was a lock for the back up WLB spot or even had a decent chance of making the team. I'd be willing to be that Adkins, dent/Lofa and Adkins are our backup lbs
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Its been stated several times by coaches that James and Adkins have a good competition going. I don't wheRe the idea came from that Hansen was a lock for the back up WLB spot or even had a decent chance of making the team. I'd be willing to be that Adkins, dent/Lofa and Adkins are our backup lbs

so we carry 5? Adkins pulling double duty?

and the idea that Hansen was in the running for backup WLB steps from the fact that he saw every 2nd team rep in mini camp and the coaches like him. I've never seen where the coaches have stated that James and Adkins are the ones competing and even then that's still just one of the two backup OLB spots.

Trust me when I say this, Hansen may not have been a lock, but as a backup WLB and special teams ace, he was a 90+% chance to make the roster in 2012.

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

so we carry 5? Adkins pulling double duty?

and the idea that Hansen was in the running for backup WLB steps from the fact that he saw every 2nd team rep in mini camp and the coaches like him. I've never seen where the coaches have stated that James and Adkins are the ones competing and even then that's still just one of the two backup OLB spots.

Trust me when I say this, Hansen may not have been a lock, but as a backup WLB and special teams ace, he was a 90+% chance to make the roster in 2012.

What do you mean 5? Spoon, Dent, Lofa, Nicholas, Adkins and James equals 6. Adkins and James were splitting time with the first team during mini camps while Nicholas was out. So that puts Hansen squarely at 3. I'm not even sure we carry more than 6 lbs anyway and Hansen was 7th at absolute best
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
What do you mean 5? Spoon, Dent, Lofa, Nicholas, Adkins and James equals 6. Adkins and James were splitting time with the first team during mini camps while Nicholas was out. So that puts Hansen squarely at 3. I'm not even sure we carry more than 6 lbs anyway and Hansen was 7th at absolute best

They were splitting time at SLB. 2nd team WLB has been Hansen and he was looking like a lock for it. Honestly, I'd rather see us just keep 5 LB's and carry an extra DE/LB type instead

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scar988"]
GSUeagles14 wrote:

They were splitting time at SLB. 2nd team WLB has been Hansen and he was looking like a lock for it. Honestly, I'd rather see us just keep 5 LB's and carry an extra DE/LB type instead[/quote

Both are more than capable of playing on the weak side as well. It makes no sense to only carry 5 LBs as that would be incredibly thin. Especially since both Nolan and Mark Collins have commented that they have been impressed by the competition between the two. Both played last year as well.

I dont know what the obsession with Hansen is but hes shown to nothing that would make someone think hes better than Adkins or James.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: