Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Soccer News XXI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankee0724

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
teamorange wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
The Bundeliga always has been one of the top 3 - in its times of stagnation, top 4 - leagues internationally, so I do not necessarily regard the Guardiola hiring a coup.

I do, however, view it as an endorsment of the way things are run in German football. By being able to bring one of the two - perhaps from that duo the premier one - managers to Bayern, the club was able to give a sign to the international football scene: economically and reliably run teams, with vast youth development, managed by football people instead of investors and patrons, are the way of the future given the imminent introduction of financial fairplay.

Gurdiola spurned Man City and AC Milan and Chelsea because Munich is not that unsimilar to Barca. Of course he could have cashed in elsewhere, but let's not pretend like there is really much of a difference to an already wealthy man if he is making 22 millon or 10 millon Euro annually. At one point, marginal utility kicks in. German soccer is enjoying a youth movement similar to that of France in the mid '90s; only slightly paling in comparison to the seemingly ever so deep pool of Spanish football players. So with that being said, he made a good choice.

Anyways, that's my German take on Pep's signing.

Here's the article which made me post here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130116/pep-guardiola-bayern-munich/?sct=hp_wr_a4&eref=sihp

For real. People don't give the Bundesliga credit. One of the world's best managers goes to the team that was in the Champions League final last year, and it's called a coup?

Like kempus said, it is a coup because Abramovich would throw all of King Midas's silver at Pep to get him to Chelsea.

At least you understand what I'm trying to say. Yankee is just obscene about everything.

Should have specified I wasn't talking about on here. Most of the articles I've read have been calling ot a coup for Bayern to land Pep, like they aren't a world class team that was in the CL final last year.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Kempes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel Adkins sacked by Southampton. Mauricio Pochettino takes over.

I like Pochettino, excited to see him in the PL but I'm a bit sad for Adkins, seems a little harsh after what he's done for them.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:

I like Pochettino, excited to see him in the PL but I'm a bit sad for Adkins, seems a little harsh after what he's done for them.

It was a matter of time sadly, just like Neil Warnock with QPR last season.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Kempes wrote:

It was a matter of time sadly, just like Neil Warnock with QPR last season.
Why stick by Adkins when they were in the bottom three for so long only to sack him when they are 15th? Seems pretty harsh to me.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola Cortese are you Abramovich in disguise?
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pep Guardiola joined the easiest job ever!!!!!!!!!!!! No challenge what so ever!

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
Pep Guardiola joined the easiest job ever!!!!!!!!!!!! No challenge what so ever!

Your enthusiasm doesn't mask the fact that your comment makes very little sense.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:

Yeah, because taking over a Chelsea team that was basically built with him in mind, or a stacked City team with basically endless funds, or taking over United when SAF retires like some people were talking about as a possibility are tough jobs, right?

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:

I like Pochettino as well. Really interested to see how he does as I thought he was always able to overachieve with Espanyol.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absurd sacking given that they're now doing well. And why shouldn't Guardiola take a job with a good chance for success, Bayern are a good job to take and he avoids ending up with Abramovic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:

He gets a chance to do what Jose couldn't do twice. Try and beat Dortmund...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where to put this but is anybody reading the stuff Joey Barton is tweeting now?
Quote:
I'm more intelligent than about 97% of the British Isles. If anything football has held me back. If I wasn't a...

Quote:
..footballer I'd be still more successful than 97% of youse. Still harder working than 97% of youse. Still living life not just taking part

The ego/delusion of this thug is unbelievable. It's the fact that he constantly spouts how intelligent he is yet can't even spell.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 12 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
dotmotion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why doesn't he do what Mata does and go to university to further his knowledge...

Not saying uni proves knowledge but to say football held him back is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Not sure where to put this but is anybody reading the stuff Joey Barton is tweeting now?
Quote:
I'm more intelligent than about 97% of the British Isles. If anything football has held me back. If I wasn't a...

Quote:
..footballer I'd be still more successful than 97% of youse. Still harder working than 97% of youse. Still living life not just taking part

The ego/delusion of this thug is unbelievable. It's the fact that he constantly spouts how intelligent he is yet can't even spell.

I detest probably about 0.001% of beings on this planet. Joey Barton is that 0.001%.

I love how he gloats about what a human being he is.... the irony is just overwhelming. Ah yes, the man who put a cigar out in another mans eyeball.... what a great human being.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I detest probably about 0.001% of beings on this planet. Joey Barton is that 0.001%.

I love how he gloats about what a human being he is.... the irony is just overwhelming. Ah yes, the man who put a cigar out in another mans eyeball.... what a great human being.

Joey Barton is a sociopath. How anyone likes the guy is just beyond me. Not to mention the ridiculous narcissism, just baffles me that he has any support.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 43 of 100

Jump to: