Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Soccer News XXI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
The real reason why he was sacked was that he was saying the chairman's wife

Does. Not. Compute.

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
The real reason why he was sacked was that he was saying the chairman's wife

That's harsh, he got fired for just saying the Chairman's wife. Imagine if he slept with her

Blame autocorrect.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACON update.. Congo GK celebrates an equalizer against favourites Ghana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patro14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many good games at the same time. Cant' decide which to watch yet, flipping from channel to channel.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

380 matches in suspect in European match fixing scandal

Including one Champions League match that took place in England in the past "4 or 5 seasons".. but Europol is being very tight lipped ahead of legal proceedings.

Quote:
A wide-ranging match-fixing investigation has uncovered more than 380 suspicious matches -- including World Cup and European Championship qualifiers and two Champions League games -- and found evidence that a Singapore-based crime group is closely involved in match-fixing.

I'm sure one particular match comes to mind for a lot of people.. but it's certainly plausible that whoever this crime-syndicate is would go for matches that are "off the radar", so to speak, otherwise their influence on those involved might not be all that great..

Crazy stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, here's the article that specifies a CL match held in England is one of the matches in question - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21319807

Quote:

The fixed Champions League tie in England took place in the "last three or four years";
The identity of that match cannot be revealed due to "ongoing judicial proceedings";
Other "corrupt" matches included World Cup and European Championship qualifiers and "several top football matches in European leagues";
In Germany-based matches alone, criminals wagered £13.8m (16m euros) on rigged matches and made £6.9m in profits. Officials fear this is as the "tip of the iceberg";
In total 380 suspicious matches were in Europe and a further 300 in Africa, Asia and south and central America.

Lyon vs Dinamo Zagreb has to be one of them..

The more I think of it, the more I think Chelsea/Barca seems to obvioius? Idk.. Mourinho said it was fixed and he's fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUSTICE!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPECIAL ONE!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
"One day," Mourinho said, pointedly using the Barcelona coach's full name, "I would like Josep Guardiola to win this competition properly." That was a reference to the controversial semi-final victory of Guardiola's team over Chelsea en route to their triumph in 2009.

Mourinho, who has had a player sent off in all four meetings with Barcelona this season and with Internazionale in last season's semi-final, said that he did not want to say what he "really thinks" because he feared a life ban but he did insist he felt "disgusted" to be working in football. In the end there was little holding back. The accusation was hardly a veiled one.

Mourinho claimed his red card and that handed to Pepe were unjustified and that this was not the first time Barcelona's opponents have been singled out for unfair punishment. He reeled off a list of referees whom he said had "favoured" the Catalan side, pointing an accusing finger at those who he sees as engaged in a pro‑Barça conspiracy. He insisted that the evidence is unavoidable and asked: "Why?"

"If I tell Uefa what I really think and feel, my career would end now," Mourinho said. "Instead I will just ask a question to which I hope one day to get a response: Why? Why? Why Ovrebo? Why Busacca? Why De Bleeckere? Why Stark? Why? Because every semi-final the same things happen. We are talking about an absolutely fantastic football team, so why do they need that? Why? Why does a team as good as they are need something [extra] that is so obvious that everyone sees it?

"Why Ovrebo [two] years ago [when the Norwegian referee did not give Chelsea a series of penalties against Barcelona]? Why couldn't Chelsea go to the final? Last year it was a miracle that Inter got there playing with 10 men for so long. A miracle. Why weren't there four penalties against Chelsea [in 2009]? Why send off [Arsenal's Robin] Van Persie [in the last 16]? Where does their power come from?

"It could have been 0-0 tonight, but then suddenly we are down to 10 men and they have a free path to find solutions that they could not find before then: we could have played for three hours and they would not have scored. But today we have seen that it is not difficult – it is impossible.

"The question,"
Mourinho continued, "is why? I don't know if it is the Unicef sponsorship or if it is because they are nice guys. I don't understand. Congratulations to Barcelona on being a great team and congratulations for all the other stuff you have which must be very hard to achieve. They have power and we have no chance. Chelsea had bans for Drogba and Bosingwa; Wenger and Nasri were banned for Arsenal; me today. I don't know why. All I can do is leave that question here in the air and hope that one day I will get the response. They have to get to the final, and they'll get there, full stop."

Asked if Madrid, trailing 2-0, were now out, Mourinho replied simply: "Yes, yes." There was a pause and then he added: "We will go there with pride and respect for football. It is a world that sometimes disgusts me to live in and earn a living from, but it is my world. We have to go there without Pepe, who didn't do anything, without [the suspended] Ramos who did nothing, without a coach who can't be on the bench. It is impossible. And if we score a goal and open up the tie a little, they will just kill it again. Tonight we have seen that we do not have any chance."

Mourinho sought to discredit Barcelona's 2009 Champions League success and any victory they may have this season.

"Josep Guardiola is a fantastic coach," he said, "but I have won two Champions Leagues. He has won [only] one Champions League and that is one that would embarrass me. I would be ashamed to have won it with the scandal of Stamford Bridge and, if he wins it this year, it will be with the scandal of the Bernabéu. I hope that one day he can win a proper Champions League. Deep down, if they are good people, it cannot taste right for them. I hope one day Guardiola has the chance of winning a brilliant, clean championship with no scandal."

On their website, Barcelona responded to the Portuguese's comments by threatening to report him to Uefa, confirming their board will meet to consider their options. "Barcelona's legal department will study the declarations made by José Mourinho to determine whether to refer them to Uefa," a club statement read.

"In the post match press conference, Jose Mourinho severely criticised the referee (Wolfgang) Stark and insinuated that Uefa treated Barcelona favourably."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/28/jose-mourinho-real-madrid-barcelona

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Please come back home Jose. Maybe a little bitter, but definitely needed to be said.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Applause Please come back home Jose. Maybe a little bitter, but definitely needed to be said.

Laughing
Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Imarobot wrote:

Laughing

Okay, maybe very bitter Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special One my [inappropriate/removed]. Dude's been exposed this year.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 307 rush yds(7.9), 595 rec yds(12.9), 5 TDs
Tyner: 387 rush yds(4.4), 65 rec yds(7.2), 4 TDs
Freeman: 945 rush yds(5.6), 103 rec yds(10.3), 14 TDs
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funniest part of ElRey's post was when Mourinho mentioned they play with respect for the game.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
Also, here's the article that specifies a CL match held in England is one of the matches in question - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21319807

Quote:

The fixed Champions League tie in England took place in the "last three or four years";
The identity of that match cannot be revealed due to "ongoing judicial proceedings";
Other "corrupt" matches included World Cup and European Championship qualifiers and "several top football matches in European leagues";
In Germany-based matches alone, criminals wagered £13.8m (16m euros) on rigged matches and made £6.9m in profits. Officials fear this is as the "tip of the iceberg";
In total 380 suspicious matches were in Europe and a further 300 in Africa, Asia and south and central America.

Lyon vs Dinamo Zagreb has to be one of them..

The more I think of it, the more I think Chelsea/Barca seems to obvioius? Idk.. Mourinho said it was fixed and he's fantastic.

I agree. The game last year was fixed.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 45 of 100

Jump to: