Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Official Prospect Thread - Hamilton >> Usain Bolt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hansel Robles in Game 1 of the NYPL playoffs: 9 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 10 K Shocked

This game lowers his ERA to 1.00 and WHIP to 0.75 for the season. He has not allowed an ER since July 28th. He entered the game with a 1.96 FIP.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Zunino bombs his third homer of the playoffs.

2-4 with a homer and two walks today.

OPS'ing 1.567 Laughing

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:

OPS'ing 1.567 Laughing

Dominant farm system, with the depth and 3 blue chip prospects, 2 very good ones.. Mariners should be rolling by 2015 and should have best farm going into 2013
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

OPS'ing 1.567 Laughing

Dominant farm system, with the depth and 3 blue chip prospects, 2 very good ones.. Mariners should be rolling by 2015 and should have best farm going into 2013

Top 5. Jays, Padres, and Rangers are a little bit better.

Side note: Do the Mets have a chance to sneak into the top 10? They have a ton of pitching depth.
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

OPS'ing 1.567 Laughing

Side note: Do the Mets have a chance to sneak into the top 10? They have a ton of pitching depth.
I'd probably put them 5th (I haven't actually thought about this much) behind those 3 and the Cardinals.

EDIT: Sorry that's the M's. I'd put the Mets somewhere in the 9-15 range based on gut feel.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.

Last edited by ramssuperbowl99 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Possibly.

You have a nice system, but I wouldn't rank them ahead of (in no particular order) Toronto, San Diego, Seattle, Kansas City, Boston, Texas, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, or Houston.

I'd lump them in with Tampa, Minnesota, Arizona, & maybe Baltimore. I think you could make an argument for any of those teams to top that group.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's that?

Mike Zunino 2-3 with a triple, double, and a walk?

James Paxton - 7.1 IP, 4 hits, 1 ER, 1 walk, and 10 K's.

Beasts. Cool

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos Martinez with a gem tonight in the first game of the championship.

7 IP, 4 H, 0 R (0 ER), 7 K, 1 BB, 12 GO-1 AO

He outdueled Rangers' Cody Buckel and was facing a line up that included Mike Napoli.

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
Eagles27

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
What's that?

Mike Zunino 2-3 with a triple, double, and a walk?

James Paxton - 7.1 IP, 4 hits, 1 ER, 1 walk, and 10 K's.

Beasts. Cool

The run against Paxton was unearned.

#JDI
CWood21

BillsGuy82 wrote:

I see two blue chippers, not three. Wouldn't lump James Paxton into the same breath as Danny Hultzen and/or Taijuan Walker.

simonwayne wrote:

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
Eagles27

CWood21 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I see two blue chippers, not three. Wouldn't lump James Paxton into the same breath as Danny Hultzen and/or Taijuan Walker.

Pretty sure he was referring to Zunino.

Paxton is the consensus #5 prospect in our system. Though he's gaining ground on Nick Franklin.

#JDI

Last edited by Eagles27 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Cardinals are definitely up there as well. Three blue chippers, and a ton of pitching depth. Weak on the hitting side though. I've only got two ranked in the top ten, and 5 in the top 15.

simonwayne wrote:

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:

The consensus pretty much has Paxton as our #5 prospect.

I wouldn't call Zunino a blue chip prospect. I don't see Buster Posey or Matt Wieters when I watched him play at Florida, so unless things have changed drastically I wouldn't classify him as a blue chip prospect.

simonwayne wrote:

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
Eagles27

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:

The consensus pretty much has Paxton as our #5 prospect.

I wouldn't call Zunino a blue chip prospect. I don't see Buster Posey or Matt Wieters when I watched him play at Florida, so unless things have changed drastically I wouldn't classify him as a blue chip prospect.

Well... I wouldn't say anything has changed drastically, but he has demolished minor league pitching since he signed.

Dave Cameron broke it down today.

Quote:
Then he signed his pro contract and was assigned to Everett, where he showed himself to be the best hitter in the Northwest League by a mile, posting a ridiculous 235 wRC+ in his time there. But, it was short season ball for a guy who had three years of SEC experience, and Everettís a pretty nice place to hit, and his overall line was inflated by a .413 BABIP, and it was just 133 plate appearances. It was a great performance, but there were enough caveats there to keep the enthusiasm in check.
Then, the Mariners promoted him to Double-A Jackson to finish the season. Including the first four games of the playoffs, heís put up a 204 wRC+ in 75 trips to the plate Ė the only other player to hit better in the Southern League this year was a 24-year-old outfielder who was repeating the level, and needed a .471 BABIP to do it. Now, itís getting harder to come up with caveats. At 21-years-old, heís actually younger than most of his competition at this level, and very few college players can go straight to Double-A and dominate within months of being drafted. Jacksonís not a huge hitterís park. His BABIP has mostly normalized, and now sits at a not-totally-crazy .336. Compared to his Everett numbers, his strikeout rate is actually down and his power is up, meaning that while the wRC+ might not be quite as high, heís probably hit better in Jackson than he did in Everett.
Thereís still the sample size issue, as Zuninoís professional career still spans just 200 plate appearances, but thereís some evidence now to suggest that Zunino was just underrated in the draft. And with every passing day where he destroys quality pitching in Double-A, the talk about whether Zunino could actually break camp with the Mariners next year gets a little bit louder.

Quote:
For me, Zunino is the organizationís best prospect, a better blend of risk and reward than any of the pitching prospects and easily projecting as the best position player on the farm.

Whether he's a blue chip prospect or not is really dependent on what you define a blue chip prospect as. In my mind though, if you put Hultzen in that category you have to put Zunino there as well.

#JDI
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Well... I wouldn't say anything has changed drastically, but he has demolished minor league pitching since he signed.

That was to be expected. When you take an advanced college bat (arguably the most advanced bat in the draft), you expect him to hit well in Low-A. I'd be worried more if he wasn't hitting well above what you thought he would hit in the big leagues some day. His Low-A numbers were all kinds of unsustainable, a .364 ISO, 18.8 LD% and a .413 BABIP. And then sample size for his AA trip is obviously too small. Putting way too much stock into a players performance at a level that was clearly inferior to his talent levels.

Eagles27 wrote:
Whether he's a blue chip prospect or not is really dependent on what you define a blue chip prospect as. In my mind though, if you put Hultzen in that category you have to put Zunino there as well.

Hultzen is on the border, I don't have a huge value on the stuff but the fact that he's one of the top left handed pitchers in all of MILB makes him pretty darn close to blue chip for that simple fact. You could argue that Zunino's plus hitting could make him a blue chip prospect, but I value defense from that position more than hitting. Hultzen has had 143.1 IP in the Mariners farm system, Zunino has had 190 plate appearances. Pretty significant difference IMO.

simonwayne wrote:

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 56 of 69

Jump to: