Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Off-Season Simulation Sign-Up / Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Personally I would love to be able to sign more than 5 of my own FA, simply as most of my starting Defence is a FA.

But, I understand the rules Crying or Very sad

It could work out for you anyway. I only used four of the five signings, despite there being several other players I'd have liked to retain. I consider it a calculated risk.

I want enough cap space to potentially go after a player or two that would have a nice impact in free agency. If it doesn't appear likely to work out, I can always just bid back on my own players.

Other GMs aren't likely to value a player as highly as the GM for the original team. As such, it's possible you'll end up getting players on the free market for less than you would have offered them if you resigned in advance.

Lets face it, what Bills Free Agents outside of Andy Levitre and Jairus Byrd were really going to be hot commodities on the market?
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:
Personally I would love to be able to sign more than 5 of my own FA, simply as most of my starting Defence is a FA.

It could work out for you anyway. I only used four of the five signings, despite there being several other players I'd have liked to retain. I consider it a calculated risk.

I want enough cap space to potentially go after a player or two that would have a nice impact in free agency. If it doesn't appear likely to work out, I can always just bid back on my own players.

Other GMs aren't likely to value a player as highly as the GM for the original team. As such, it's possible you'll end up getting players on the free market for less than you would have offered them if you resigned in advance.

Lets face it, what Bills Free Agents outside of Andy Levitre and Jairus Byrd were really going to be hot commodities on the market?

Fair point, im new to this bear with me Laughing I just had visions of a team haveing a load of cap room and way overpaying to get players...

Nightmares of Hogue and Whitehead as starting OLBS Laughing, but I understand your points and reasoning.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:

THIS! LMAO... that's exactly the thought process I rationalized when saying five of your ownUFA. In reality, other teams put out feelers, but most teams know the value of their free agents and most players do not want to upend their families and such so they end up staying put (but sometimes with a little more in the bank sometimes not so much).
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears Restructured Contracts…

Quote:
Charles Tillman…

Current Contract…

1 year $9,714,285 including $550,000 in guarantees

New Contract…

3 years $21 million including $10.5 million in guarantees

2013…Base $3.0 million + Guaranteed $3.0 million = $6.0 million
2014…Base $3.5 million + Guaranteed $3.5 million = $7.0 million
2015…Base $4.0 million + Guaranteed $4.0 million = $8.0 million

Brandon Marshall…

Current Contract…

2 years remaining $18.2 million unguaranteed…

2013…Base $9.10 million
2014…Base $9.10 million

New Contract…

4 years…$37 million including $15 million in guarantees…

2013…Base $5.00 million + 2.00 million guaranteed = $7.00 million
2014…Base $5.50 million + 3.00 million guaranteed = $8.50 million
2015…Base $6.00 million + 4.00 million guaranteed = $10.0 million
2016…Base $6.50 million + 5.00 million guaranteed = $11.5 million

Jay Cutler…

Current Contract…

1 year $10,370,000 including $500,000 in guarantees…

New Contract…

5 years $60 million including $35 million in guarantees…

2013…Base $3.00 million + $5.00 million guaranteed = $8.00 million
2014…Base $4.00 million + $6.00 million guaranteed = $10.0 million
2015…Base $5.00 million + $7.00 million guaranteed = $12.00 million
2016…Base $6.00 million + $8.00 million guaranteed = $14.00 million
2017…Base $7.00 million + $9.00 million guaranteed = $16.00 million

Again guys any problems with these contracts let me know and I will explain the thinking behind the deals.
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

Jay Cutler…

New Contract…

Again guys any problems with these contracts let me know and I will explain the thinking behind the deals.

I think Cutler's contract may be too small. IMHO needs to be closer to $14-15M average to be justifiable.

I know he had an off year, but he has tools to be Top 10 QB and probably we would want to be paid like it.

Check this out: http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/2013/average/quarterback/
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Jay Cutler…

New Contract…

I think Cutler's contract may be too small. IMHO needs to be closer to $14-15M average to be justifiable.

I know he had an off year, but he has tools to be Top 10 QB and probably we would want to be paid like it.

Check this out: http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/2013/average/quarterback/

To be honest I went off Tony Romo’s contract which is 6 years $67.4 million including $30 million guaranteed…Cutler’s 5 year contract would include more guaranteed money in less years…Romo’s annual average total salary is $11.23 million…Jay's would be $12 million…I figured Romo’s and Jay contract could be comparable since both have played well in the regular season but haven’t pushed on much in the playoffs.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question regarding Re-Structures.

Can a contract be ''Ripped Up'' and a new contract given?

Staffords contract has been restructured that many times that his cap hit is $17 Mill, and then in the low twenties next year.

Is it allowed to give him like a New 6 Year $87 Million deal like:

Year 1 12 Mill Hit
Year 2 13
Year 3 14
Year 4 15
Year 5 16
Year 6 17

Thats just an example, not saying I intend to re-structure it as I have others in mind, but would like clarification either way as im not sure Embarassed

jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:

Staffords contract has been restructured that many times that his cap hit is $17 Mill, and then in the low twenties next year.

Thats just an example, not saying I intend to re-structure it as I have others in mind, but would like clarification either way as im not sure Embarassed

I would say it was ok as long as a player is not leaving a ton of money on the table. Also, not sure where the $20M cap figure is coming from. I looked at rotoworld & spotrac and it looks like his contract is falling next year (2013) & 2014.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:

I would say it was ok as long as a player is not leaving a ton of money on the table. Also, not sure where the $20M cap figure is coming from. I looked at rotoworld & spotrac and it looks like his contract is falling next year (2013) & 2014.
I'd make it fair, naturally, was just curious if it was allowed to be done, maybe it was Suhs I'd have to check, I just remember a big worry of cap problems with stafford and or suh in lions world due to restructureing their deals every off season to push money back. Again, appreciate your help. Smile

Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Jay Cutler…

New Contract…

To be honest I went off Tony Romo’s contract which is 6 years $67.4 million including $30 million guaranteed…Cutler’s 5 year contract would include more guaranteed money in less years…Romo’s annual average total salary is $11.23 million…Jay's would be $12 million…I figured Romo’s and Jay contract could be comparable since both have played well in the regular season but haven’t pushed on much in the playoffs.

Ok how about this...

Quote:
Jay Cutler…

Current Contract…

1 year $10,370,000 including $500,000 in guarantees…

New Contract…

5 years $75 million including $40 million in guarantees…

2013…Base $5.00 million + $6.00 million guaranteed = $11.0 million
2014…Base $6.00 million + $7.00 million guaranteed = $13.0 million
2015…Base $7.00 million + $8.00 million guaranteed = $15.0 million
2016…Base $8.00 million + $9.00 million guaranteed = $17.0 million
2017…Base $9.00 million + $10.00 million guaranteed = $19.0 million

That is $10 million more in base & double the guaranteed money in Aaron Rodgers’ contract.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- San Francisco 49ers - re-signings

WR / Randy Moss
2013…Base - $2 million + SB Guaranteed $1 million = $3 million

NT / Isaac Sopoaga
4 yrs - 28 million with 14 million guaranteed
2013…Base $4 million (fully guaranteed) + prorated SB $2 million = $6 million
2014…Base $4.5 million (2 guaranteed) + prorated SB $2 million = $6.5 million
2015…Base $5.5 million + prorated SB $2 million = $7.5 million
2016…Base $6 million + prorated SB $2 million = $8 million

adding :

NT / Ricky Jean-Francois
3 yrs - 11 million with 7.5 million guaranteed
2013…Base $2 million (fully guaranteed) + prorated SB $1 million = $3 million
2014…Base $2.5 million (fully guaranteed) + prorated SB $1 million = $3.5 million
2015…Base $3.5 million + prorated SB $1 million = 4.5 million

Last edited by oldman9er on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cincinnati Bengals re-sign the following players:

Andre Smith: 5 years - 27.5 million - 11.5 guaranteed
2013 - Base Salary: 2 million + 2 million SB
2014 - Base Salary: 2.5 million + 2 million SB
2015 - Base Salary: 3 million + 2 million SB
2016 - Base Salary: 3.5 million + 2.5 million SB
2017 (Team Option) - Base Salary: 4.5 million + 3 million SB

wrote:
The Bengals choose to re-sign one of the top ten RTs in the league in Andre Smith. Although a disappointment his first year in the league, Smith has seemingly turned it around and is awarded with a first year contract matching the final year of his rookie deal, which continually increases in either guaranteed money or base salary each year. The last year of Smith's contract is designed to allow the Bengals to pick up his option and extend his career as a Bengal, or let him move on as he would not have lived up to the last year of his contract.

Michael Johnson: 2 years - 5.5 million - 2 million guaranteed
2013 - Base Salary: 1.5 million + 1 million SB
2014 - Base Salary: 2 million + 1 million SB

wrote:
One of the cheaper, yet valuable Free Agents the Bengals have, Michael Johnson was known throughout college for his athleticism and pass-rushing, but has become well-known in the NFL for his stout run defense. Without a lot of sacks, many don't see value in MJ93, so the Bengals are able to retain him at about the average cost of a defensive end.

Thomas Howard: 2 years - 4.5 million - 0.5 million guaranteed
2013 - Base Salary: 2 million + 0.5 million SB
2014 - Base Salary: 2.5 million

wrote:
Again, although a cost-friendly Free Agent, Howard plays a vital role in the Bengals defense, and will especially play one if Rey Maualuga walks via Free Agency. The aged leader of our defense, Howard is a relatively inexpensive player for the leadership and ability he brings to a defense. After this contract, Howard will shoot for one more multi-year deal before hanging up his cleats.

Manny Lawson: 3 years - 8 million - 3.5 guaranteed
2013 - Base Salary: 2.5 million
2014 - Base Salary: 2.5 million
2015 (Team Option) - Base Salary: 3 million

wrote:
Basically the same explanation as Howard, however he provides less as a leader, although he brings more to the table physically. Though Howard is more important to our defense, Lawson gains the higher contract due to age and past contract status.

Mike Nugent: 4 years - 12 million - 2 million guaranteed
2013 - Base Salary: 2 million - 0.5 million guaranteed
2014 - Base Salary: 2.5 million - 0.5 million guaranteed
2015 - Base Salary: 2.5 million - 0.5 million guaranteed
2016 - Base Salary: 3 million - 0.5 million guaranteed

wrote:
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions Proposed Re-Signings...

EnglishLion20 wrote:

Year/Base Salary/Signing Bonus/Cap Hit.

Cliff Avril 5 Year $52 Million Deal $26.5 Million Guaranteed. ($500K Bonus If Makes Pro Bowl In Any Year)

Year 1 Base Salary $4 Million ( $ 3 Million Guaranteed) + Prorated Signing Bonus $ 4 Million = $8 Million Cap Hit

Year 2 Base Salary $5 Million ($2.5 Million Guaranteed) + Prorated Signing Bonus $4 Million = $9 Million

Year 3 Base Salary $6.5 Million ($2 Million Guaranteed) + Prorated Signing Bonus $4 Million =$10.5 Million

Year 4 Base Salary $7.5 Million + Prorated Signing Bonus $4 Million =$11.5 Million

Year 5 Base Salary $9 Million + Prorated Signing Bonus $4 Million =$13 Million

Justin Durant 4 Year $11.5 Million $6.5 Million Guaranteed

Year 1 Base Salary $1 Million (Fully Guaranteed) + Prorated Signing Bonus $1 Million = $2 Million

Year 2 Base Salary $1.5 Million (Fully Guaranteed) + Prorated Signing Bonus $1 Million = $2.5 Million

Year 3 Base Salary $2.5 Million + Prorated Signing Bonus $1 Million =$3.5 Million

Year 4 Base Salary $3 Million + Prorated Signing Bonus $1 Million = $4 Million

Chris Houston 3 year Deal, $13.5 Million Deal, $7.5 Million Guaranteed (Deal Inludes Incentives $500K On Making Pro Bowl, And $500k On Recording 6 Interceptions In Any Season).

Year 1 Base Salary $1.5 Million ($750K Guaranteed)) + Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million = $3.5 Million

Year 2 Base Salary $2 Million ($750K Guaranteed) + Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million = $4Million

Year 3 Base Salary $4 Million + Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million =$6 Million

The unsung hero of the Lions no name secondary, Not a name you associate as a great corner, but does his job fairly well, this contract builds on the 2 year $6 Million he signed with the Lions 2 years ago.

Louis Delmas 5 Year Deal $22.5 Million, $13 Million Guaranteed ($1 Million Bonus If Makes Pro Bowl In Any Year)

Year 1 Base Salary $1Million (Fully Guaranteed) +Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million = $3 Million

Year 2 Base Salary $2 Million ($1 Million Guaranteed) + Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million =$4 Million

Year 3 Base Salary $2 Million ($1 Million Guaranteed) + Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million =$4.5 Million

Year 4 Base Salary $3 Million + Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million = $5 Million

Year 5 Base Salary $4 Million + Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million =$6 Million

Delmas had a strong rookie campaign, and many expected great things but he has never hit the next level, hes good but just never built on his potential, A leader in the secondary, however has to become a better tackler and become more Durable.

Gosder Cherilus 4 Year Deal $15.5 Million, $8 Million Guaranteed

Year 1 Base Salary $1 Million + Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million =$3 Million

Year 2 Base Salary $1.5 Million + Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million =$3.5 Million

Year 3 Base Salary $2 Million + Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million =$4 Million

Year 4 Base Salary $3 Million +Prorated Signing Bonus $2 Million =$5 Million

Improved in pass Protection, Struggles a lot in the run game however and commits stupid penalties, and while he is improving and growing, needs to become more consistent to be anything better than Average overall.

(New to this, anything way wrong let me know, I feel all contracts are fair at this point in their careers and market value for them, but maybe wrong.
Laughing )

Last edited by EnglishLion20 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:35 am; edited 9 times in total
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any strong reason for why we have to stick rigidly to a 53 man roster? Would be nice if we could have.. say, a 60 limit.. that could then head into "OTAs and Preseason" to battle it out. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Any strong reason for why we have to stick rigidly to a 53 man roster? Would be nice if we could have.. say, a 60 limit.. that could then head into "OTAs and Preseason" to battle it out. Sad

Check 1st page... you do get a 60 man roster through draft. Then needs to be 53 & 8 man practice squad.... just to show who you think would be your roster going into 2013 - 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: