Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Off-Season Simulation Sign-Up / Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Chris Houston 3 year Deal, $9 Million Deal, $4 Million Guaranteed

Year 1 $1 Million + $1 Million = $2 Million
Year 2 $2Million + $1 Million = $3Million
Year 3 $2 Million +$2 Million =$4 Million

The unsung hero of the Lions no name secondary, Not a name you associate as a great corner, but does his job fairly well, this contract builds on the 2 year $6 Million he signed with the Lions 2 years ago.


I would say Houston has outperformed the 2 year $6 million deal he signed with the Lions…he is the closest thing the Lions have to a #1 CB right now and at 27 years old he is coming into his prime plus given how much of a passing league the NFL is becoming DBs are in prime position to get decent contracts…I would say he is worth maybe$1 to $1.5 million a year more than your currently offering…

Don’t know what anyone else thinks?
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11656
Location: England
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:
Chris Houston 3 year Deal, $9 Million Deal, $4 Million Guaranteed

Year 1 $1 Million + $1 Million = $2 Million
Year 2 $2Million + $1 Million = $3Million
Year 3 $2 Million +$2 Million =$4 Million

The unsung hero of the Lions no name secondary, Not a name you associate as a great corner, but does his job fairly well, this contract builds on the 2 year $6 Million he signed with the Lions 2 years ago.


I would say Houston has outperformed the 2 year $6 million deal he signed with the Lions…he is the closest thing the Lions have to a #1 CB right now and at 27 years old he is coming into his prime plus given how much of a passing league the NFL is becoming DBs are in prime position to get decent contracts…I would say he is worth maybe$1 to $1.5 million a year more than your currently offering…

Don’t know what anyone else thinks?


Ok Points taken, I did think about giving him slightly more, but again has durability concerns, and while he has played as well as he did in 2010 for the Lions, No teams wanted him when he hit FA, and settled on that 2 year $6 Million deal,

But I guess 3 years of ''Good'' Play is more worthy of interest than just one...

I shall give him more....Chris Houston thanks you Wink
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11656
Location: England
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Houston 3 year Deal, $14 Million Deal, $6.5 Million Guaranteed

Year 1 $2.5 Million + $1 Million = $3.5 Million
Year 2 $2Million + $2.5 Million = $4.5Million
Year 3 $3 Million +$3 Million =$6 Million

Hopefully were starting to get somewhere closer Cool
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Chris Houston 3 year Deal, $14 Million Deal, $6.5 Million Guaranteed

Year 1 $2.5 Million + $1 Million = $3.5 Million
Year 2 $2Million + $2.5 Million = $4.5Million
Year 3 $3 Million +$3 Million =$6 Million

Hopefully were starting to get somewhere closer Cool


Spot on IMO.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3699
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadMike90 & EnglishLion20....

(1) You guys seem to work well together
(2) I've never seen a Bears fan & a Lions fan work that well together before
(3) I do not think I have seen a Scot & a Briton work that well together before either (well done GENTLEmen)

For all posting new contracts, please remember: (1) base salary; (2) signing bonus; (3) guaranteed money; & (4) incentives are not always equal.

So for instance:
2013: $3M base + $2M signing bonus (SB) + $1M guaranteed may only be a contract for $5M (with the team guaranteeing $1M of the base salary).

Please let me know how much is headed toward signing bonus + incentives, such as
2013: $3M base + $2M SB + $1M incentives = $6M cap hit ($5M guaranteed = base salary is guaranteed as signing bonuses are always considered guaranteed)

Thank y'all! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40144
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Any strong reason for why we have to stick rigidly to a 53 man roster? Would be nice if we could have.. say, a 60 limit.. that could then head into "OTAs and Preseason" to battle it out. Sad


Check 1st page... you do get a 60 man roster through draft. Then needs to be 53 & 8 man practice squad.... just to show who you think would be your roster going into 2013 - 2014


Duh... yeah, thanks... brain erosion creeping up on me.




to ANY teams looking for a solid veteran starter at the center position....



Jonathan Goodwin is being offered at very low cost... talking early 5th round value here. The 49ers have more picks than we need, so happy to consolidate picks along with or separate from a Goodwin deal. Solid guy, but we are ready to move on with a younger C and our cap room is tight. Goodwin would have a 3.7 mil salary in 2013.. which is not that much, but like I said.. we are tight on cap room.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11656
Location: England
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:


So for instance:
2013: $3M base + $2M signing bonus (SB) + $1M guaranteed may only be a contract for $5M (with the team guaranteeing $1M of the base salary).

Please let me know how much is headed toward signing bonus + incentives, such as
2013: $3M base + $2M SB + $1M incentives = $6M cap hit ($5M guaranteed = base salary is guaranteed as signing bonuses are always considered guaranteed)

Thank y'all! Very Happy


I'll sit down tonight and try and address the Gauranteed/Incentives element.
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ice_Dude_2008


Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 1872
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I join as the Giants' GM
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6581
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in as the Cowboys GM. I'll just need help with the money part
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3699
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
Can I join as the Giants' GM


You are in, sir!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3699
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I'm in as the Cowboys GM. I'll just need help with the money part


Already PM'd you and set you up as Cowboys' GM. Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest are we including Cleveland’s pick of Josh Gordon in today’s supplement draft or will they still have their 2013 2nd round pick?

Also and a bit more relevant to this whole thing how are we going to decide which juniors declared for the 2013 draft and which ones haven’t?
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3699
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Just out of interest are we including Cleveland’s pick of Josh Gordon in today’s supplement draft or will they still have their 2013 2nd round pick?

Also and a bit more relevant to this whole thing how are we going to decide which juniors declared for the 2013 draft and which ones haven’t?


We need to have a cut off on "real world" roster moves - I would say today is as good as any.

So Josh Gordon would go to the Browns and their 2nd round pick would be considered used.

Also, ALL juniors (and red-shirt sophomores) are considered eligible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Just out of interest are we including Cleveland’s pick of Josh Gordon in today’s supplement draft or will they still have their 2013 2nd round pick?

Also and a bit more relevant to this whole thing how are we going to decide which juniors declared for the 2013 draft and which ones haven’t?


We need to have a cut off on "real world" roster moves - I would say today is as good as any.

So Josh Gordon would go to the Browns and their 2nd round pick would be considered used.

Also, ALL juniors (and red-shirt sophomores) are considered eligible.


Are we doing that for every round? It becomes a little ridiculous when potential 1st rounders in 2 years’ time are going in the 5th round...could we have a cut off of say the 4th round where from the 5th onwards it’s seniors only?…just seems more realistic IMO.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 2046
Location: IU
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Just out of interest are we including Cleveland’s pick of Josh Gordon in today’s supplement draft or will they still have their 2013 2nd round pick?

Also and a bit more relevant to this whole thing how are we going to decide which juniors declared for the 2013 draft and which ones haven’t?


We need to have a cut off on "real world" roster moves - I would say today is as good as any.

So Josh Gordon would go to the Browns and their 2nd round pick would be considered used.

Also, ALL juniors (and red-shirt sophomores) are considered eligible.


Yeah, I see no reason not to include all draft eligible players. At this early of a point in the football season, anyone is a candidate to come out early.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group