Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Off-Season Simulation Sign-Up / Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Just out of interest are we including Cleveland’s pick of Josh Gordon in today’s supplement draft or will they still have their 2013 2nd round pick?

Also and a bit more relevant to this whole thing how are we going to decide which juniors declared for the 2013 draft and which ones haven’t?

We need to have a cut off on "real world" roster moves - I would say today is as good as any.

So Josh Gordon would go to the Browns and their 2nd round pick would be considered used.

Also, ALL juniors (and red-shirt sophomores) are considered eligible.

Are we doing that for every round? It becomes a little ridiculous when potential 1st rounders in 2 years’ time are going in the 5th round...could we have a cut off of say the 4th round where from the 5th onwards it’s seniors only?…just seems more realistic IMO.

There are plenty of underclassmen (excuse me, juniors) that are drafted on the last day every year. If we're going to ban a certain year of player from being drafted, it should be no RS sophomoes past the second round, as I don't think a RS SO has ever been selected past round two. That would be the most realistic, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Just out of interest are we including Cleveland’s pick of Josh Gordon in today’s supplement draft or will they still have their 2013 2nd round pick?

Also and a bit more relevant to this whole thing how are we going to decide which juniors declared for the 2013 draft and which ones haven’t?

We need to have a cut off on "real world" roster moves - I would say today is as good as any.

So Josh Gordon would go to the Browns and their 2nd round pick would be considered used.

Are we doing that for every round? It becomes a little ridiculous when potential 1st rounders in 2 years’ time are going in the 5th round...could we have a cut off of say the 4th round where from the 5th onwards it’s seniors only?…just seems more realistic IMO.

There are plenty of underclassmen (excuse me, juniors) that are drafted on the last day every year. If we're going to ban a certain year of player from being drafted, it should be no RS sophomoes past the second round, as I don't think a RS SO has ever been selected past round two. That would be the most realistic, in my opinion.

I just think looking at other drafts it becomes a little unrealistic without any kind of limit…Bringdapains’ current mock has guys like Levine Toilolo, Tharold Simon & Travis Swanson going in the 5th round…when in reality it’s very unlikely they drop anywhere near the 5th round in real life…

Either way is cool with me but I just think jch has gone to a lot of effort with the salary spreadsheets and actual FA bidding that we should try and keep it as realistic as possible.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I just think looking at other drafts it becomes a little unrealistic without any kind of limit…Bringdapains’ current mock has guys like Levine Toilolo, Tharold Simon & Travis Swanson going in the 5th round…when in reality it’s very unlikely they drop anywhere near the 5th round in real life…

Either way is cool with me but I just think jch has gone to a lot of effort with the salary spreadsheets and actual FA bidding that we should try and keep it as realistic as possible.

10000% Agreed, this seems to be an extremley Realistic thing...even down to incentives in contracts, lets keep it real for me...

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Madmike90 on some kind of limitation to the eligibility of underclassmen, but am also fine with whatever decision made.

___
jch1911

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people have spoken.

Let's just say all juniors available. Red-shirt sophomores only first two rounds.

Agreed?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
The people have spoken.

Let's just say all juniors available. Red-shirt sophomores only first two rounds.

Agreed?

Cool with me man…whatever you decide.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
The people have spoken.

Agreed?

Sounds good to me

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
The people have spoken.

Agreed?

Yep, Good For Me.

Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
The people have spoken.

Agreed?

cha-ching

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers Starting Salary Cao = 58.247 million. (shocking)

Packers cut the following

Don Barclay - .48m
Duane Bennet - .481m
Tommie Draheim -,483m
Eric Lair - .481m
Marc Tyler -.48m
Dion Turner -.48m
Ryan Taylor - .57m
Shaky Smithson - .465m
Sean Richardson - .481

New Cap = 62.648

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey is there a way to edit our spreadshets? Or is jch1911 gunna do it all by himself to prevent cheating?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Hey is there a way to edit our spreadshets? Or is jch1911 gunna do it all by himself to prevent cheating?

I was debating that earlier.... GM's, what say you? Want access to maintain the spreadsheet individually or want one person to keep spreadsheet updated?
jfinley88

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

I was debating that earlier.... GM's, what say you? Want access to maintain the spreadsheet individually or want one person to keep spreadsheet updated?

It'd be a lot of work on you. I say that you make everyone write out what they're doing each step of the way with each transaction and keep a record of these moves by their depth chart, so people don't mess with salaries... Then everyone just stay a little active and look into what people are doing to prevent cheating. But these things are definitely more fun and realistic with salary cap and FA.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

Its upto you, Id keep a hard copy as it is for you to use again etc, Allowing us to edit it ourselves allows it to be always upto date which will be needed in FA working out cap space etc,

Otherwise it would be an awful lot of work to put on you, editing it all for us, I know your dedicated, but it would depend if you want to do all that, and also have the time for it Smile

Although saying all that we have the forum and depth chart page to work everything out/Edit things etc, its not like we need/must edit the spreadsheet I guess Laughing and not being able to stops anybody cheating or thinking about it etc...not saying anyone would though.

So im fine with either (Yeah I know not much help) Laughing

Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

I would say keep the editing to one person which would be yourself so there is no confusion...however if guys want to keep their own record they can using your spreadsheet...

Just open up the Google Doc>file>download as>excel

Then you will have a copy of the file with all the formulas and info provided that you can edit on your own to keep yourself right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: