Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread Version VIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mando323

Location: When you lose the chase where you're dragged against your will From a Basement on a Hill
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My legs are naturally muscular, so I don't work those.

I work my biceps 3 times a week.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
I did three sets of press ups, 1st 27, 2nd 20 and the third 28.

75 totall, each is the equivelent of 72 kilo's 72*75= 5,400 kg. thats like 5 and a half metric tons moved today. Boom.

thats nearly 12,000 pounds.

Who has good deiting tips that work? Who has done the protein only thing?

You did sets of 27, 20 and 28 reps? Any reason? Why not increase the weight and do less reps?

i was doing press ups and the weight, the weaight is not variable Smile
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mando323 wrote:

I'm tired, so forgive me for my sarcasm detector being off, but sarcasm?

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I deadlift more than the bar I F my back up. 3 days later and it will feel like my spine is disconnected. And I feel like I have proper form too. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
If I deadlift more than the bar I F my back up. 3 days later and it will feel like my spine is disconnected. And I feel like I have proper form too. Sad

You can't deadlift with just the bar, not sure its physically possible to do standard deadlifts with proper form that way. Ideal deadlifts require the height of a standard 45 lb plate. If you cannot do 135 lbs then just stack weights underneath the bar until you have the bar at about the same height it would be it if there were 45 lb plates attached (lower to mid shin). You may not have proper form, so I'd suggest the next time you try and deadlift you either video tape yourself or have an informed friend watch you. Just remember to keep an arch in your back, go up by stomping your heels to the ground rather than pulling with your back, when you reach the top don't push your hips forward and curl your back like you'll see many do, lastly if your doing proper form and the pain persist maybe try wearing a weight lifting belt? Maybe try a doctor too, because the whole spine disconnecting feeling doesn't sound too good.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

You can't deadlift with just the bar, not sure its physically possible to do standard deadlifts with proper form that way. Ideal deadlifts require the height of a standard 45 lb plate. If you cannot do 135 lbs then just stack weights underneath the bar until you have the bar at about the same height it would be it if there were 45 lb plates attached (lower to mid shin). You may not have proper form, so I'd suggest the next time you try and deadlift you either video tape yourself or have an informed friend watch you. Just remember to keep an arch in your back, go up by stomping your heels to the ground rather than pulling with your back, when you reach the top don't push your hips forward and curl your back like you'll see many do, lastly if your doing proper form and the pain persist maybe try wearing a weight lifting belt? Maybe try a doctor too, because the whole spine disconnecting feeling doesn't sound too good.

I've had guys watch me, said it wasn't bad. I guess I just have a weak lower back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I've had guys watch me, said it wasn't bad. I guess I just have a weak lower back.

Yeah I don't know what to tell you hear as I haven't had any real experiences with back pain yet. If it's causing you that type of pain (not soreness, but actual pain) then as long as your still doing squats I think you could just drop DLs. Some trainers will say that they're not for everyone, others say that anyone can do them if they do it properly. If your gym has bumper plates, like the 10 lbs the size of 45 lbs you should definitely start out with those.

Also not sure if you actually suffered a back injury or just get this pain exclusively after deadlifting, but my friend swore by this guide and constantly did these little stretched and exercises after he had a herniated disc for about a month before he got back to heavy DLing so maybe you could a few of them a try, although I've never personally tried nay of these myself.
Mando323

Location: When you lose the chase where you're dragged against your will From a Basement on a Hill
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Mando323 wrote:

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Also not sure if you actually suffered a back injury or just get this pain exclusively after deadlifting, but my friend swore by this guide and constantly did these little stretched and exercises after he had a herniated disc for about a month before he got back to heavy DLing so maybe you could a few of them a try, although I've never personally tried nay of these myself.

I'm a Physical Therapist aide so I know all about the exercises and stretches, appreciate it though. Even my PT says don't do deadlifting.

This is why I don't do any good compound exercises, I'm afraid to get hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Ever try "good mornings"? Might help build up your lower back a bit and get the deadlift wagon going.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

I'm a Physical Therapist aide so I know all about the exercises and stretches, appreciate it though. Even my PT says don't do deadlifting.

This is why I don't do any good compound exercises, I'm afraid to get hurt.

Clearly everything in the gym is risk vs reward. Hard to make good gains if your not at some level willing to get hurt. Just part of the game!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Krealkalyn? I never buy supplements besides pre workout but my cousin had a bottle he didn't use and he gave it to me. Is it any better than creatine or is it roughly the same stuff?

Got paged

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Ever try "good mornings"? Might help build up your lower back a bit and get the deadlift wagon going.

Yeah I do those every once in a while.

And I have bad knees and a bad shoulder, another reason I don't do compound exercises. Sad

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mando323 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
Mando323 wrote:

Wink
Laughing

Ok, good. Sorry, got like two hours of sleep.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Athelite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I broke me wrist about 2 months ago and the doctor says the fracture is completely healed and fine and said I didn't really even need any physical therapy and a splint was optional too, however I am starting to slowly get back into working out and my chest compared to mostly everything else has gone down DRAMATICALLY .... Crying or Very sad

^Takeonme^

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 56 of 100

Jump to: