Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CW21's Draft Thread (Top 100 Big Board - Page 47)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
A few questions about your Big Board. Do you think Jarvis Jones will go where you have him, or do you think he drops? What about Milliner and Ogletree makes you think they're that great? What do you like about Mingo to have him that high?
Also, why is Fluker so low?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see floyd rising on your board. i remember he was out of your top 50 before. i want him in the first
anything you saw in particular that pushed him up?

new sig... sorry alex
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so low on Khaseem Greene, Eddie Lacy and Markus Wheaton?
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UFgators wrote:
Not only does Jarvis Jones have Spinal Stenosis but he'll be 24 next year. I could understand him being a top prospect if he was putting forth this production at 20 (like Damontre Moore) and didn't have his unfortunate condition.

His age doesn't change the fact that he's an extremely talented player. And until we get more information about his spinal stenosis, I'm having to assume that he's going to get a relative clean bill of health. If he does get medically red flagged at the combine, his stock is going to drop significantly. Into the second day or even possibly into that third day.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
A few questions about your Big Board. Do you think Jarvis Jones will go where you have him, or do you think he drops? What about Milliner and Ogletree makes you think they're that great? What do you like about Mingo to have him that high?

No. Jarvis Jones could go as high as #3 to Oakland, and Philadelphia at #4 is another landing spot. That being said, I still think that Cleveland at six and Buffalo at 8 seem like the most landing spot, Buffalo in particular. Again, it is going to depend on the medical reports at the combine.

As for Milliner and Ogletree, Milliner is in the same mold as Morris Claiborne in terms of prospect. Not Patrick Peterson. Probably could develop into a lower end #1 CB, but not an elite CB prospect. Had a really strong year. Will almost certainly not get past San Diego at 11. Detroit at 5 and Tennessee at 10 are also two really likely landing destinations. Ogletree is just extremely talented. He just has a nose for the ball and he's going to be at high value on draft day. They're both top 15 talents.

As for Mingo, the athleticism is what I'm looking at. He's probably one of the more athletic pass rushers in this class. Love the idea of putting him in a 34 defense and letting him getting after the quarterback.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

Too many questions. Awful footwork, poor body, and questionable pass protection skills. He's a good prospect, but he's not close to Andre Smith in terms of prospects.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
nice to see floyd rising on your board. i remember he was out of your top 50 before. i want him in the first
anything you saw in particular that pushed him up?

Just really like his fit as a five technique. Just a ton of talent that I think is undeveloped at this point.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Too many questions. Awful footwork, poor body, and questionable pass protection skills. He's a good prospect, but he's not close to Andre Smith in terms of prospects.

I see Fluker as more comparable to Anthony Davis. I remember everyone was tearing Davis up before the draft. He struggled at first being so young and raw but has developed nicely as a power blocking RT. I would think Davis is a closer comparison than Andre Smith. What do you think about the Davis-Fluker comparison?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you like Alec Ogletree as an OLB in a predominately wide-9 scheme; A scheme that requires highly athletic linebackers that will be running down side-line to side-line attacking RB's. They also need to be sound in pass coverage.
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tavon Austin is too low at 61. Any specific reason you have him down there?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo isnt from Georgia.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Why so low on Khaseem Greene, Eddie Lacy and Markus Wheaton?

Khaseem Greene is pretty schematically limited. A bit lighter than I would like as well. Good coverage skills for a linebacker and a nose for the football, but afraid he'll get washed out against the run. I'm just opposed to 'Bama RBs right now, so long as I think they're product of the offensive line they're playing behind. As for Wheaton, he just hasn't stood out for me in a crowded WR class.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
I see Fluker as more comparable to Anthony Davis. I remember everyone was tearing Davis up before the draft. He struggled at first being so young and raw but has developed nicely as a power blocking RT. I would think Davis is a closer comparison than Andre Smith. What do you think about the Davis-Fluker comparison?

That's a better comparison, but Anthony Davis had much better footwork. I've heard a Flozell Adams comparison thrown out there, but I'm not real happy with that comp either.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
How do you like Alec Ogletree as an OLB in a predominately wide-9 scheme; A scheme that requires highly athletic linebackers that will be running down side-line to side-line attacking RB's. They also need to be sound in pass coverage.

Really like him. I think he's got the chance to be a special linebacker. I do have some issue with him in that scheme as I feel he could get swallowed up by offensive lineman, which is clearly the weakest part of his game right now.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
I think Tavon Austin is too low at 61. Any specific reason you have him down there?

I was beginning to think he's probably too high. Honestly, I think Dexter McCluster was superior prospect. I wouldn't be surprised if Stedman Bailey ended up as a better pro. Austin is extremely small, and has little experience running NFL route trees. A LOT of room to bust here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 37 of 51

Jump to: