Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really needs to be more Android devices with stock Android instead of the manufacturer skins over top. The skins really don't add anything to the current OS and really disrupt the true Android experience.

One of the things holding me back from purchasing the GSIII is I really don't know how long it's going to take for it to be upgraded to Jelly Bean (and I'm not holding my breath for any updates after then). And, if/when I do the update, will I have all the JB features (Google Now/Project Butter) or will I be stuck with the Samsung alternatives (S Voice).
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BornToFly wrote:
Does anyone have any idea on how to remedy this?

I have the Epic Touch GS2, and when I go to send a text mesg, there are spam contacts in there, ( from skype, i think ) and I don't know how to delete them? I've deleted them from skype itself, but it's still in there. Kind of awkward when I'm showing my boss how to use his to send an email, and I bring up my contacts and there is one labeled "Fabio Mode" with a half naked dude on it. ( thanks skype )

Evil or Very Mad

I want these spam contacts off my PHONE!!

Get rid of Skype?

PM sig requests.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

I have the Epic Touch GS2, and when I go to send a text mesg, there are spam contacts in there, ( from skype, i think ) and I don't know how to delete them? I've deleted them from skype itself, but it's still in there. Kind of awkward when I'm showing my boss how to use his to send an email, and I bring up my contacts and there is one labeled "Fabio Mode" with a half naked dude on it. ( thanks skype )

Evil or Very Mad

Get rid of Skype?

Could it just be syncing Skype with your phone contacts? I know it did that for my S3 with Facebook.

Can't speak on the S2, but what I did on the S3 was:

Go to 'Settings' -> 'Accounts and Sync' -> Click on 'Facebook'

And it unsynced all my contacts from Facebook.

Not entirely sure how or if Skype is the same though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

Get rid of Skype?

Could it just be syncing Skype with your phone contacts? I know it did that for my S3 with Facebook.

Can't speak on the S2, but what I did on the S3 was:

Go to 'Settings' -> 'Accounts and Sync' -> Click on 'Facebook'

And it unsynced all my contacts from Facebook.

Not entirely sure how or if Skype is the same though.

I don't have Skype on my phone but this should theoretically work.

PM sig requests.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CM9 is out for the US Galaxy S III. Nice.

BTW, your Skype contacts might have synced with your Google contacts. I'd check for that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICS tomorow for Epic 4G Touchs tomorow!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need new phone. Help.

#JDI
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I have never rooted a phone before. About to pick up the S3 for my boo later this month and then I'll have a original Galaxy S and a first gen Android to attempt to do it on first.

I'm just terrified I'll jack up my phone for good LOL. I really do want to root it though. There's so many little tweaks I would love to make and from what I gathered (haven't read too much into it), it's as simple as opening a file and editing a little text which is a portion of what I do for a living anyway so I'm familiar LOL.

I rooted before there was a 1 click method for the Thunderbolt. It required me to use the command prompt and ADB push, which for a person like me is super complex.

That being said, if you follow the directions you are good to go. Its really hard to brick a phone. They specify in guides which step could brick your phone (which on an HTC phone, its pretty hard).

Also they have people who will root your phone for you remotely. If you are worried they can do that. The developer community is pretty awesome like that.

The hardest part is looking at all the steps and becoming overwhelmed. Its not that bad if you take it piece by piece. Also get familiar with the terms before you start. helps a lot not having to go back and forth. Let me know if you decide to, I can send you links to sweet guides for rooting the Thunderbolt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Need new phone. Help.

You need to specify your Carrier, how much you want to pay and what you want.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
I have never rooted a phone before. About to pick up the S3 for my boo later this month and then I'll have a original Galaxy S and a first gen Android to attempt to do it on first.

I'm just terrified I'll jack up my phone for good LOL. I really do want to root it though. There's so many little tweaks I would love to make and from what I gathered (haven't read too much into it), it's as simple as opening a file and editing a little text which is a portion of what I do for a living anyway so I'm familiar LOL.

I rooted before there was a 1 click method for the Thunderbolt. It required me to use the command prompt and ADB push, which for a person like me is super complex.

That being said, if you follow the directions you are good to go. Its really hard to brick a phone. They specify in guides which step could brick your phone (which on an HTC phone, its pretty hard).

Also they have people who will root your phone for you remotely. If you are worried they can do that. The developer community is pretty awesome like that.

The hardest part is looking at all the steps and becoming overwhelmed. Its not that bad if you take it piece by piece. Also get familiar with the terms before you start. helps a lot not having to go back and forth. Let me know if you decide to, I can send you links to sweet guides for rooting the Thunderbolt

They have people who will do it for you? Incredible LOL.

I'll keep this post in mind when the time comes hahaha. What other benefits would say there is to rooting your phone w/ the exception of getting rid of bloatware, tethering, and extreme customization?

PM sig requests.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm gonna sound like a huge noob with this, but can one of you guys explain to me what rooting my phone will do for me/perks of doing it.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Okay, so I'm gonna sound like a huge noob with this, but can one of you guys explain to me what rooting my phone will do for me/perks of doing it.

Pretty good explanation here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/hacking/4654-what-does-rooting-your-phone-actually-mean.html

You can basically do whatever you want w/ your phone.

I asked above what the main benefits are above and would like to know what he has to say. It is something I am going to do, it's just a matter of when I get the cajones to do it LOL.

PM sig requests.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for most people, though, rooting your device isn't really worth it.

I rooted my Motorola Atrix to get a free hotspot and I almost never used it.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
I think for most people, though, rooting your device isn't really worth it.

I rooted my Motorola Atrix to get a free hotspot and I almost never used it.

It all depends on what you want. I would love the ability to use Kies Air. I would also like complete customization of icons, lockers, etc etc.I also have an HTC which has no screen capturing app and I want that also.

I'm sure there are other reasons I would love to have it done that I don't know about. That's why I'm waiting on my answer above hahaha Smile

PM sig requests.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Need new phone. Help.

You need to specify your Carrier, how much you want to pay and what you want.

Verizon, up to a couple hundred, and idk what i want lol..

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

Jump to: