Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Not really Android related, but I feel like the more techy guys in here would be the most likely to know since it's all Google.

My college email is through Google Apps or whatever their service is called. I also have a personal Gmail that I basically just use for my YouTube, Google Voice and Google+ accounts. Is there any way to combine these two, or migrate all of the stuff on my Google account to my college email?
Not that I know of. You can link accounts together, though.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-merge-multiple-gmail-addresses-in-one-account-2010-12?op=1

Wouldn't let me link the gmail to my college email. Sucks. Guess I'll go digging to see if I can do it any other way.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Not really Android related, but I feel like the more techy guys in here would be the most likely to know since it's all Google.

My college email is through Google Apps or whatever their service is called. I also have a personal Gmail that I basically just use for my YouTube, Google Voice and Google+ accounts. Is there any way to combine these two, or migrate all of the stuff on my Google account to my college email?

I'm pretty sure you can access your gmail account through a pop or imap client like Thunderbird.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
iPwn wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can access your gmail account through a pop or imap client like Thunderbird.

Already do. But that's not what I was looking for. I have 5 emails (from when I was young and thought a lot of emails was cool) and I'm trying to condense them all down to two; a personal @me account and my college email ran through Google. It's not working out as I had hoped. The college email doesn't support Google+, and I can't connect the two like Karma posted.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
milanb wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Already do. But that's not what I was looking for. I have 5 emails (from when I was young and thought a lot of emails was cool) and I'm trying to condense them all down to two; a personal @me account and my college email ran through Google. It's not working out as I had hoped. The college email doesn't support Google+, and I can't connect the two like Karma posted.

Is there anyway to setup an email forward? My school address allowed me to forward to an external account to consolidate accounts.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
iPwn wrote:
milanb wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Is there anyway to setup an email forward? My school address allowed me to forward to an external account to consolidate accounts.

Yeah, that's not really the problem. I'm just trying to get rid of my gmail email (I don't really like the username, it's old and dated, and a gmail email that matches my others isn't available), but it's sticking around because I can't get things like Google+ and YouTube off of it and onto another email. So I always have to stay logged into it.

I figured out how to do it, but the college has G+ blocked from use with it.

Le sigh.

Might have figured out how to do it with another walk around, but I'm not certain.

EDIT: Nope.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So OhioGenius, I finally rooted. Flashed InfectedROM Eternity. I saw Jester did a ASOP ICS ROM w/ Liquid and it just got released. waiting to hear about the bugs on it before I tackle that b/c it's looking so tempting.

So far though, I'm loving the root. Only issue I had was backing up and restoring taking about 3 hours but that's all nonsense. Nothing too worrisome.

Thanks for all the info you gave me though. I have complete freedom now and w/ the amount of ROMs available, I could see me flashing this thing every month. It's so easy.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, I get this fully charged battery when I get to work (no charger at my house) and it's good by 10:30 AM, can go w/ all day use, some pretty high usage b/c it's still new and I'm tweaking it. Normal call and surfing that would take my phone down to 10% before and now, when I wake up, I'm still generally at 40%. The battery life is so stupidly amazing it makes no sense. Seriously, if anyone w/ a droid is having battery problems, this will take them away. I'm sure different ROMs are different for battery but I can generally assume (from what I've read) that battery life is a good focus when these guys develop them.

Just a little home screen action.... b/c I can LOL

http://imageshack.us/a/img43/6789/20120927124520.png

PM sig requests.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/samsung/9565395/Hidden-web-code-means-hackers-can-wipe-Samsung-Galaxy-S3.html

Has this been fixed yet?

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/samsung/9565395/Hidden-web-code-means-hackers-can-wipe-Samsung-Galaxy-S3.html

Has this been fixed yet?
It's been fixed on Galaxy S III devices for awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
So OhioGenius, I finally rooted. Flashed InfectedROM Eternity. I saw Jester did a ASOP ICS ROM w/ Liquid and it just got released. waiting to hear about the bugs on it before I tackle that b/c it's looking so tempting.

So far though, I'm loving the root. Only issue I had was backing up and restoring taking about 3 hours but that's all nonsense. Nothing too worrisome.

Thanks for all the info you gave me though. I have complete freedom now and w/ the amount of ROMs available, I could see me flashing this thing every month. It's so easy.

I told you man, it seems hard but its really not when you do it. But congratulations on becoming free of the propriety shackles.

Also for Jesters ROM, I heard some people say they have a gmail bug, i personally never had it so im not sure what they are referring to. Also there is as problem when you try to restore app data on ICS Roms from GB sometimes. Also, I never back up app data so I cant confirm it.

Rooting really breathes new life into a dying phone. Now if only the radio didnt botch the 3g/4g hand off so badly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I told you man, it seems hard but its really not when you do it. But congratulations on becoming free of the propriety shackles.

Also for Jesters ROM, I heard some people say they have a gmail bug, i personally never had it so im not sure what they are referring to. Also there is as problem when you try to restore app data on ICS Roms from GB sometimes. Also, I never back up app data so I cant confirm it.

Rooting really breathes new life into a dying phone. Now if only the radio didnt botch the 3g/4g hand off so badly.

You never back up data? Man..... flashing ROMs would be easier and quicker than unloading the dishwasher if that was the case.... just back up all contact on Google and put all apps on your SD card and flash and call it a day........ I might have to look into that.

I love the fact I finally rooted and knew I would. I was just a ....something... before haha. I literally have like 50 different phones at my fingertips. It's a good feeling.

PM sig requests.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Has this been fixed yet?
Thanks. I had a friend asking me about it, and I hadn't ever heard about it before. Was it effecting any other devices?

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
You never back up data? Man..... flashing ROMs would be easier and quicker than unloading the dishwasher if that was the case.... just back up all contact on Google and put all apps on your SD card and flash and call it a day........ I might have to look into that.

I love the fact I finally rooted and knew I would. I was just a ....something... before haha. I literally have like 50 different phones at my fingertips. It's a good feeling.

I mean my phonebook syncs with gmail. Use google music and voice. Both back up my music and texts respectively. I dont have any games on my phone which is a big reason i dont need to back up data. Most of my apps are just log in and the data is synced with the service.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Has this been fixed yet?
Thanks. I had a friend asking me about it, and I hadn't ever heard about it before. Was it effecting any other devices?
Ya, seemed to be more of an Android-dialer issue than Galaxy S III issue. Not sure what the status of it is on other phones, but it's been fixed on the S III.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been asked, but how is the battery life on the One X and the GS3? I'm due for an upgrade and am looking at these two, but the battery life on my current Droid is hot garbage.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 15 of 100

Jump to: