Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2012/10/20/32gb_nexus_7_is_here

Looks like I'll be picking this up. 32 gigs for $250? Great price point.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:

If I were you, I'd take a look at the Kindle Fire HD.

Depending on what you intend to use your tablet for, The Kindle Fire may offer a better entertainment offerings and features if your into watching movies or reading books on your tablet (and especially if you're a Amazon Prime subscriber). The Fire also has a superior screen and external speakers.

Now, you're still going to have limited access to the Google Play Store and the Nexus 7 would have overall better performance.

All things to consider.
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Iggles wrote:

If I were you, I'd take a look at the Kindle Fire HD.

Depending on what you intend to use your tablet for, The Kindle Fire may offer a better entertainment offerings and features if your into watching movies or reading books on your tablet (and especially if you're a Amazon Prime subscriber). The Fire also has a superior screen and external speakers.

Now, you're still going to have limited access to the Google Play Store and the Nexus 7 would have overall better performance.

All things to consider.

I have all my media on my own, so I'm not gonna be buying any books/movies/TV. Thus, the Amazon library is moot for me. Plus, the Fire costs extra money not to show me ads, and the screens are both 1280x800. I do like the dual-band wifi and better speakers, but the Kindle OS doesn't do it for me. I'd much rather have a clean Android interface that I can do more to customize.

The Nexus also has a 1.5 ghz quad core to the Fire's 1.2 ghz dual core. Now, if you're connected to Amazon media or prefer its OS, I don't think the differences are so huge as to make the Kindle an inferior choice, but I have no skin in the game, so I think the Nexus will work better for me.
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a kindle fire hd and I'm loving it! Just a quick question. Anyone here know how to unroot it?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Time to get a new phone. I have the droid X2 right now. Absolutely hate it.

Do I get:
GSIII
Note 2 (when it comes out)
Iphone5

Im torn.

The Note and the S3 are pretty much the same thing. The Note's clarity will be lessened due to screen size and I've read talking time is dramatically reduced from the S3. I think the Notes do look pretty awesome though....

I would add the RAZR HD MAXX to the list. My old phone busted so I got a new one and I'm a huge fan of this phone. Battery life is insane also and I don't even have the MAXX. PLUS they're gonna be getting JellyBean also when it gets rolled out so it's got that going on for it also.

Just my take on it

PM sig requests.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Does anybody here own an ASUS Nexus7 tablet (or have used one)?

I'm looking into buying a tablet for university, and the Android offerings are clearly better and cheaper than the iPad.

Also I still have my old HTC Legend. It's low on ram, but it still does everything else Very Happy

I've used one, its too small for my liking. Besides that, it was smooth thanks to Jelly Bean.

Good to hear. I'm looking for something smaller than an iPad. I might wait it out and get a 32GB Nexus 7 though.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think im gonna get an Otterbox for my Epic 4g Touch. Anyone have experience with the Defender or Commuter?

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
Tooki wrote:

I'm looking into buying a tablet for university, and the Android offerings are clearly better and cheaper than the iPad.

Also I still have my old HTC Legend. It's low on ram, but it still does everything else Very Happy

I've used one, its too small for my liking. Besides that, it was smooth thanks to Jelly Bean.

Good to hear. I'm looking for something smaller than an iPad. I might wait it out and get a 32GB Nexus 7 though.

IMO, that would be worth the wait.

PM sig requests.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
I think im gonna get an Otterbox for my Epic 4g Touch. Anyone have experience with the Defender or Commuter?
All I know is that they make your phone bulky as hell. They do protect phones pretty well, though. But my friend had one their One X (commuter, I think) and it still managed to get damaged after a drop with an Otterbox on, so your mileage may vary.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
All I know is that they make your phone bulky as hell. They do protect phones pretty well, though. But my friend had one their One X (commuter, I think) and it still managed to get damaged after a drop with an Otterbox on, so your mileage may vary.

Go to tridentcases.com, much much better than otterbox, and cooler.

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
Tooki wrote:

With the reported price reductions in the 16GB model as well, I'm gonna see how it goes. I've been put off getting an iPad Mini because Apple decided to not put the A5 chip in it.

Also my HTC Legend is a whole lot faster since I logged out of Facebook Very Happy
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

Go to tridentcases.com, much much better than otterbox, and cooler.

I probably wouldve gotten one of them if i hadnt placed my order already. But i got the commuter and its not bulky at all. I love it.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really excited for 4.2, some nice features.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
Tooki wrote:

With the reported price reductions in the 16GB model as well, I'm gonna see how it goes. I've been put off getting an iPad Mini because Apple decided to not put the A5 chip in it.

Also my HTC Legend is a whole lot faster since I logged out of Facebook Very Happy

Amazon had a quote from Gizmodo destroying the iPad mini on it's home page yesterday..... aaaand it's still there if you want to see it. Apple doesn't care what you think anyway, they're still gonna do things their way and be 3 years behind LOL.

HERE is the tablet you want:

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_10_16gb&feature=microsite

Not really but it's the one I want though LOL. I've been waiting for the 10" version of this tablet to come out for forever!!! Thing looks great, specs look great, it's 7" sibling has had phenomenal reviews, it's shipped w/ 4.2 which is bad arse, I'm pumped. I've put off buying a tablet forever and I think it's finally coming to an end. Was looking at the Samsung 10.1 Note but this is cheaper and made by Google so all updates in the future, this should be included for a couple years I would think.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Really excited for 4.2, some nice features.

You and me both. It's a big reason why I linked the tablet in my previous post and why it's so appealing to me.

They seem to have gotten this one dead on... we'll see.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 17 of 100

Jump to: