Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
I tried updating my phone to Jelly Bean using Kies (I'm new to Android, got my Galaxy S III last week) but the software keeps closing after downloading the firmware. Anyone know how to fix this or if there's an alternative method to updating to Jelly Bean?

I went to Settings>About Phone>Software Update>Check New to get mine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BornToFly, try uninstalling and re-installing the app. Sometimes that can fix any issue.

Have you considered doing a factory reset on your phone? If that doesnt fix it you probably have a loose connector somewhere

Also for the unlocked Nexus 4, it only works on GSM networks so that means T-Mobile and AT&T. Def wont work on Verizon and Sprint.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Also for the unlocked Nexus 4, it only works on GSM networks so that means T-Mobile and AT&T. Def wont work on Verizon and Sprint.

You just ruined Xmas Sad

I thought it was good w/ Verizon........... damn LOL

PM sig requests.
RockyDennis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Note II about a week ago. I love it so far. In for suggestions of cool apps I need and other mandatory things. I know very little about this sort of stuff.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockyDennis wrote:
I got a Note II about a week ago. I love it so far. In for suggestions of cool apps I need and other mandatory things. I know very little about this sort of stuff.

I posted a handful of nice, lesser known apps a couple pages back, Rocky. Check it out. Obviously I didn't list common games/apps b/c I felt that a lot of people would be able to suggest them or you could Google it. I tried to think a little outside the box haha.

PM sig requests.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made the thread about getting a new phone, can someone expand on the issues of the android products freezing? Thanks.
Bleed-Green-87

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
i made the thread about getting a new phone, can someone expand on the issues of the android products freezing? Thanks.

This is not an issue that you have to worry about with android. I don't know if you have heard that android phones always freeze or something? My friends iphone 4 freezes alot more than my HTC one S lol. Every phone is capable of freezing and if someones is freezing regularly, that definitely wasn't what the manufacturer intended and they should get it replaced! Razz

Thanks Delphi^
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:

The thing is alot of Android phones on the market still run Android 2.3.4 when the latest android is 4.2. Basically older android phones didnt have the hardware to keep up with software. Now-a-days you don't have to worry about that.

The latest iteration of Android is beyond smooth. Lag is almost non-existent. When you look for a phone ask if it has Jelly bean (Android 4.1) yet. At minimum it should have Ice cream sandwich (Android 4.0)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

The thing is alot of Android phones on the market still run Android 2.3.4 when the latest android is 4.2. Basically older android phones didnt have the hardware to keep up with software. Now-a-days you don't have to worry about that.

The latest iteration of Android is beyond smooth. Lag is almost non-existent. When you look for a phone ask if it has Jelly bean (Android 4.1) yet. At minimum it should have Ice cream sandwich (Android 4.0)

Agreed. Jelly Bean is a very good OS, show's how far the OS has came in such a short period of time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

Okay great. Thanks!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verizon messed w/ my emotions Xmas eve w/ a fake Jelly Bean roll out. Apparently it's not due out until mid January but when I was at a stop light, I looked at it and my phone said it would soon be downloading a large update but instead, it failed. Come to read that some people got 4.1.2 but a lot had their's fail middownload..... now I have to wait a couple more weeks until I can have my amazing Google Now. Bastards!

PM sig requests.
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Verizon messed w/ my emotions Xmas eve w/ a fake Jelly Bean roll out. Apparently it's not due out until mid January but when I was at a stop light, I looked at it and my phone said it would soon be downloading a large update but instead, it failed. Come to read that some people got 4.1.2 but a lot had their's fail middownload..... now I have to wait a couple more weeks until I can have my amazing Google Now. Bastards!

Not yet at least. It's cool, but has a long way to go before it's amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Having it is better than not having it hahaha.

But in all seriousness, since I've only played w/ it on a small scale, what do you think would improve it and what are your current problems w/ it??

PM sig requests.
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
boondock wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

But in all seriousness, since I've only played w/ it on a small scale, what do you think would improve it and what are your current problems w/ it??

I wish that you could launch other apps from it. For instance, If I said "Call Mom" it calls my mother. Or if I say, "Make appointment for 8PM at McDonalds" it makes that appointment. All it does now is just search, I wish to perform other functions than just search or be presented what's happening "Now".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
boondock wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I wish that you could launch other apps from it. For instance, If I said "Call Mom" it calls my mother. Or if I say, "Make appointment for 8PM at McDonalds" it makes that appointment. All it does now is just search, I wish to perform other functions than just search or be presented what's happening "Now".

To my understanding, you could launch apps from it.... I guess I haven't messed around w/ it as much (my girl has a GSIII so I've done a little playing but apparently not enough).... guess I'll have to wait and see. One big thing for me is traffic updates since I commute a decent amount to work also having all my tracking info on one screen would be amazing also.

I dunno... I guess in mid-January when I'm supposedly getting it, I'll get my first real hands on time w/ it.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 23 of 100

Jump to: