Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a galaxy note s3 for Christmas and I want to root it , can anyone point me in the right direction?

I want to be able to have more than four "shortcuts" on the quick launch .... among other things

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
I got a galaxy note s3 for Christmas and I want to root it , can anyone point me in the right direction?

I want to be able to have more than four "shortcuts" on the quick launch .... among other things

If you don't want to go through w/ rooting and want more quick shortcuts, download GoLauncher from the apps store. It's very powerful and best of all, free Smile I had it on my TBolt prior to rooting it and it slowed down my phone but w/ yours, it should work so much better b/c the hardware is great. I had 12 or 15 shortcuts. Basically what they do is separate it from the top apps so you can scroll from screen to screen as you normally would but if you want, you can do the same for the shortcuts also (scroll) w/o affecting the top apps.

My jargon is all whack but I think you know what I mean.

I would just suggest this before rooting if you've never done it before if that's your main gripe but if there are other reasons and only rooting would help, go here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/

The people on this forum are very knowledgeable and if you cannot get the info here, go to XDA's forums as they're even more knowledgeable. I just referred you to Android Central first b/c I don't know your tech level. XDA might use terms you're not familiar w/

PM sig requests.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Sprint as a carrier, how long do i have to wait until i upgrade 20 or 22 monthes?

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 6 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
BornToFly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
I have Sprint as a carrier, how long do i have to wait until i upgrade 20 or 22 monthes?

Thought it was two years? I have sprint too, but I always try and make my phones last 3 years.

Thanks BenderRodriguez for the sig!
BornToFly's Relationship Advice v.17
BornToFly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear, My phone use to have a small battery in the corner that told me what % was left. Now, all of a sudden today, It's not there. Anyone have an idea what would cause that and how to get it back?

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BornToFly wrote:
I swear, My phone use to have a small battery in the corner that told me what % was left. Now, all of a sudden today, It's not there. Anyone have an idea what would cause that and how to get it back?

Was it an app that did that? Android phones, by default, do not do that on their own. If they are rooted, then yes, you can.

PM sig requests.
BornToFly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

Was it an app that did that? Android phones, by default, do not do that on their own. If they are rooted, then yes, you can.

No, not an app, and not rooted, it use to always show it, and if I plugged it in to charge, it would have a lighting thingy through it, but it disappeared. I've had the Samsung s2 for over a year in a half, but It's been doing some Kookie things lately

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BornToFly wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

No, not an app, and not rooted, it use to always show it, and if I plugged it in to charge, it would have a lighting thingy through it, but it disappeared. I've had the Samsung s2 for over a year in a half, but It's been doing some Kookie things lately

Interesting. I've never known an Android device to do such things. Did the software upgrade recently?

PM sig requests.
BornToFly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

Interesting. I've never known an Android device to do such things. Did the software upgrade recently?

I don't think within the last month it has. It's just always showed up. Seems to go on and off my phone. It's reading 70% left right now, where earlier the little battery was gone.

Another thing that is happening is I can't get to my gallery or my camera. It is telling me there is not enough memory. I've deleted 6 or so apps already. This is incredibly frustrating. I was going to snap a screen capture to show you the battery I was talking about, but now I can't even get to the gallery.

BornToFly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was finally able to delete some pictures after plugging my phone into my laptop. Was completely full, I guess. Had like 2,000 pictures in there. But seriously, to not even let me open it to delete pictures is crazy. Anyway, here is the small battery thing I was talking about. Reads 68% and charging with the little lightning thing. That thing is disappearing at times, and I'm not sure why. It's always been there, since I bought it.

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh OK so it's when you're charging. I got ya. I thought it always said that. That is a lot of pictures LOL. If your phone is acting up, I might suggest backing up everything and doing a factory reset on it to see if that rectifies any issues.

PM sig requests.
BornToFly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Oh OK so it's when you're charging. I got ya. I thought it always said that. That is a lot of pictures LOL. If your phone is acting up, I might suggest backing up everything and doing a factory reset on it to see if that rectifies any issues.

It's there even when not charging though as well. For instance, it's not charging now, and it says 36% left. But then sometimes ( just the last couple days ) it wasn't there at all.

Yeah, it's all the pictures from when I first got it in Sept 2011.

This might sound very stupid ( and I am tech dumb ) but I have no clue how I would back everything up and do a factory reset. Is there an easy way?

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BornToFly wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

It's there even when not charging though as well. For instance, it's not charging now, and it says 36% left. But then sometimes ( just the last couple days ) it wasn't there at all.

This might sound very stupid ( and I am tech dumb ) but I have no clue how I would back everything up and do a factory reset. Is there an easy way?

Oh it;s there when not charging? I'm gonna have to ask a guy who I work w/ who has the same phone (he thinks it's the best phone he's ever owned FWIW) to see if his acted the same prior to rooting it.

Not very stupid either. What I would do is put all important apps/widgets on your SD card or use an app such as this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tw.nicky.AppBackupReinstall&hl=en

Now I've never used it but I have heard positive things about it. Someone else might be able to suggest an app that could be used to back up everything. I did it w/ an app that required root and it worked well albeit a little time consuming to reinstall everything. So if there's apps/widgets you don't necessarily want, just delete them so the procedure isn't as long.

Then copy all your pics onto your computer and after you have everything backed up you'll want to turn off your phone and when turning it back on, press the power button as well as the down button (for volume) and you'll be taken to a different boot screen where you just need to follow the directions. It's fairly simple. If you don't want to do this, you can do it via your settings by going to "Settings" --> "Privacy" --> "Factory Reset" either or will work. This will basically restore your phone to the way it was when you first purchased it and doing these resets have been known to solve intermittent problems that arose out of no where.

PM sig requests.
BornToFly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Oh it;s there when not charging? I'm gonna have to ask a guy who I work w/ who has the same phone (he thinks it's the best phone he's ever owned FWIW) to see if his acted the same prior to rooting it.

Not very stupid either. What I would do is put all important apps/widgets on your SD card or use an app such as this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tw.nicky.AppBackupReinstall&hl=en

Now I've never used it but I have heard positive things about it. Someone else might be able to suggest an app that could be used to back up everything. I did it w/ an app that required root and it worked well albeit a little time consuming to reinstall everything. So if there's apps/widgets you don't necessarily want, just delete them so the procedure isn't as long.

Then copy all your pics onto your computer and after you have everything backed up you'll want to turn off your phone and when turning it back on, press the power button as well as the down button (for volume) and you'll be taken to a different boot screen where you just need to follow the directions. It's fairly simple. If you don't want to do this, you can do it via your settings by going to "Settings" --> "Privacy" --> "Factory Reset" either or will work. This will basically restore your phone to the way it was when you first purchased it and doing these resets have been known to solve intermittent problems that arose out of no where.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my smartphone. I have it with me all the time. I use it constantly. But yes, the battery stating what is left is there even without charging, but it's been just disappearing out of the blue from time to time. Very odd.

Thanks for putting up with all my crazy questions. Does my phone even come with a SD card? Or is this something I would purchase separately? Cause I never bought one.

Maybe a factory reset would be a good thing to do. Just gotta make sure I know everything is indeed backed up.

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty weird. It's cool it does the percentage in the first place. It's one thing I wish Android did by default which seems so simple but I don't know of any phones that do it beside yours. Good to know some phones have it though.

As for the SD card, I don't know if it would have came w/ one or not. When I bought my Thunderbolt, it came w/ a 32 GB card but I don't think that's standard. I also don't know where your SD card slot would be. More than likely, it's under the battery but I'm not sure. I'm sure you could Google it to find out. A factor reset wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Your contacts should be synced w/ your Gmail account so you won't lose those (you'll just have to resync them once you reset your phone) but you might lose your text history and call log unless you use an app to back those up also. Depends on how important it is to you.

There's no putting up w/ anything either. Ask all the questions you want.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 24 of 100

Jump to: