Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DTMBs Super Early 2013 1st Round Mock[UPDATED 7/15]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: DTMBs Super Early 2013 1st Round Mock[UPDATED 7/15] Reply with quote

A few notes

-My main purpose was identifying the 1st round players and in what range I see them going. I did a run through of the schedule and tried to look at needs. But predicting the 2012 season and filling needs wasn't the primary focus.

-It's impossible to know which underclassmen will declare. So I went under the assumption that everyone is in it. Minus players with a size issue(Corey Lemonier, Lamarcus Joyner) who could possibly be 1st rounders but probably wouldn't risk leaving early.

1. Raiders-Logan Thomas(Virginia Tech)QB

2. Jaguars-David Amerson(N.C. State)CB

3. Falcons(MIA)-Chris Faulk(LSU)OT

4. Bengals-William Gholston(Michigan State)DE

5. Bills(CLE)-Taylor Lewan(Michigan)OT

6. Cardinals-Matt Barkley(USC)QB

7. Colts-Sheldon Richardson(Missouri)DT

8. Cowboys-Sam Montgomery(LSU)DE

9. Lions-Justin Gilbert(Oklahoma State)CB

10. Dolphins(ATL)-Keenan Allen(California)WR

11. Chiefs(TB)-Geno Smith(West Virginia)QB

12. Browns(BUF)-Brandon Jenkins(Florida State)DE

13. Broncos-Star Lotulelei(Utah)DT

14. Rams(WAS)-Luke Joekel(Texas A&M)OT

15. Saints-Damontre Moore(Texas A&M)DE

16. Seahawks(SF)-Robert Woods(USC)WR

17. Vikings-Manti T'eo(Notre Dame)ILB

18. Patriots-Marcus Lattimore(South Carolina)RB

19. Steelers-Carrington Byndom(Texas)CB

20. Rams-Da'Rick Rogers(Tennessee)WR

21. Panthers-Kawann Short(Purdue)DT

22. Titans-Barrett Jones(Alabama)OL

23. Chargers-Jordan Poyer(Oregon State)CB

24. Giants-Oday Aboushi(Virginia)OT

25. Buccaneers(KC)-Robert Lester(Alabama)S

26. 49ers(SEA)-Khaled Holmes(USC)C

27. Texans-Sylvestor Williams(North Carolina)DT

28. Bears-Jonathan Brown(Illinois)OLB

29. Jets-Eddie Lacy(Alabama)RB

30. Eagles-John Boyett(Oregon)S

31. Packers-Margus Hunt(SMU)DE

32. Ravens-Alec Ogletree(Georgia)ILB

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.

Last edited by DontTazeMeBro on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 6 times in total
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Jags have the #2 pick then I would think that means they would pick a QB.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Houston Texans will most likely go WR or CB in the 1st round next year, with an outside chace of QB in the 1st.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bengals picking 4th????? The only way that happens is if Dalton completely stinks it up. And if he does that they wouldn't take a DE.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta picking in the top 10? What are you smoking and can I have some?

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions picking 9th, Interesting...

But id be happy with a 1st round CB, Lions havent really addressed the issue with a true #1 in far too long.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely ignore draft order people, last year at this time no one would have said Colts with the first pick, even with Manning out. We don't know how it is going to go at this point, which the creator of the thread points out in his first post, so don't comment on it.

-----

As for the Vikings pick, ILB is definitely a smart pick, it depends on how Brinkley, Cole, and Emilmen work out this year, but I tend to think that along with WR and DT are going to be some of the top needs.

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shock to see the Bengals picking 4th, but whatever. Ok pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to feel like a broken record on these things, but especially given the way your draft is falling, I don't think Bills would go OT here. Given their need at WR, the chance to grab the second WR off the board seems difficult to pass up for the third OT.

I know it's early, but looking at the talent available in both of those positions, I see the second best WR being a significantly better value than the third best OT in addition to being the larger need for Buffalo.
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about Geno Smith. What made you decide to put him over Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray (even though it is really doubtful he declares), and even Landry Jones?

I know I would rather have Smith to Jones, but Jones is collectively rated higher.

Just wanted your thoughts. Thanks
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mock. I don't know much about Boyett, but I can definitely see the Jets going with a safety. I also can easily see Lewan going that high.

#TeamManfred
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see TE being a popular pick for the Bears this offseason…but once the season starts I think people will see we have solid talent at the position…under Martz last season our TEs didn’t get any kind of opportunity to show their skill sets…Kellen Davis is a massive athlete who provides us with a matchup problem…Matt Spaeth gives us a blocking options & this year’s 4th round pick Evan Rodriguez gives us a move/flex TE who offers us versatility…with a former TE in Mike Tice calling plays this year the TEs will be a far bigger part of our passing attack and show that TE isn’t a big need at all…

As for Eifert himself I don’t see him as a 1st round talent…he isn’t as good a prospect at Fleener was last year and given that this year’s class is stronger at the top end I think there will be better options available…DT Kawann Short would be a quality pick up because he fits the NT position in our scheme and would give us 3 young quality DTs…Illinois LB Jonathan Brown would also be a fit as a long term replacement for Lance Briggs…Brown’s playmaking ability and size reminds me a little of Jon Beason…who the Bears were very interested in before taking Greg Olsen back in 07.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not huge on Lewan at all right now. Dont see how we could have a top 10 pick either, but thats beside the point, opinions are opinions. OT is not a huge need as we took one in the third of this years draft to eventually replace Baler and Clabo is great on the right side. Staying put and taking Star Lotulelei would be the best option.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you have the Lions drafting so early? I'm not saying it's not possible, but I was wondering what your reasoning is?

The pick is good though. The Lions could use an upgrade at CB. A true #1 CB would be amazing.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
I don't know much about Geno Smith. What made you decide to put him over Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray (even though it is really doubtful he declares), and even Landry Jones?

I know I would rather have Smith to Jones, but Jones is collectively rated higher.

Just wanted your thoughts. Thanks

I don't see what makes Bray a 1st rounder other than the monster arm. Not much mobility. Underwhelming accuracy. A lot of poor decisions. He hasn't played more than half of a season and he didn't have a good game last year outside of lighting up Cincinnati, Montana, and another OOC team.

Landry Jones I really don't see anything that makes him a 1st rounder.

I think Tyler Wilson's production takes a dip with Joe Adams, Jarius Wright, and Greg Childs all gone.

Smith has big arm. Super quick release. Good mobility. solid accuracy and decision making.

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Why do you have the Lions drafting so early? I'm not saying it's not possible, but I was wondering what your reasoning is?

Outside of their star players I think they still have a lot of positions they need to get better at. A lot of offseason distractions. Tough schedule.

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
If the Jags have the #2 pick then I would think that means they would pick a QB.

They probably should. But I don't recall ever seeing a team give up on a top 10 QB after only 2 seasons.

Wolf6151 wrote:
The Houston Texans will most likely go WR or CB in the 1st round next year, with an outside chace of QB in the 1st.

WR was my first thought. But I don't see a 4th 1st round WR right now. Maybe Justin Hunter but he is coming off a torn ACL and most of his hype is coming off a dominant 2 game stretch against Montana and Cincy. I love Tavon Austin but atr his size, probably not 1st round. Possibly Kenny stills or Stedman Bailey, but I would feel like I was forcing it if I did that.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: