Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookie expectations for Justin Blackmon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's finally been inked:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7402/justin-blackmon
Quote:
Jaguars agreed to terms with No. 5 overall pick WR Justin Blackmon on a four-year contract.

AngryPirate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
He's finally been inked:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7402/justin-blackmon
Quote:
Jaguars agreed to terms with No. 5 overall pick WR Justin Blackmon on a four-year contract.

great news! so happy right now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expectations have to be lessened due to the holdouts

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

ehh not really? he has over a month till the first game.
he will be fine. he will get reps in preseason in games 3-4 & maybe some in 2.
he will be used often in practice. they know how inportant he is. he will be fine

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

he will be used often in practice. they know how inportant he is. he will be fine

WRs coming from an offense like that have alot to learn, missing any TC will hurt him, especially when he misses the first 2 preseason games, he wont see the field much later before the season bc they wouldnt want to risk injury

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

WRs coming from an offense like that have alot to learn, missing any TC will hurt him, especially when he misses the first 2 preseason games, he wont see the field much later before the season bc they wouldnt want to risk injury

yeah but theyll give him his preseason reps to tune him up.. im expecting him to catch for 6 receptions 90 yards and a td week 1. Wink

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

yeah but theyll give him his preseason reps to tune him up.. im expecting him to catch for 6 receptions 90 yards and a td week 1. Wink

No way he'll be "fine". Its hard enough on rookie receivers. He's going into a system that's new to not only him, but the entire offense and he's already missed almost two weeks of camp.

That's not even counting that he's not exactly a physical freak, nor does he run very good routes.

Justin has a long road ahead of him. I'm hopeful, but there is absolutely nothing that's a good source for optimism with him.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

No way he'll be "fine". Its hard enough on rookie receivers. He's going into a system that's new to not only him, but the entire offense and he's already missed almost two weeks of camp.

That's not even counting that he's not exactly a physical freak, nor does he run very good routes.

Justin has a long road ahead of him. I'm hopeful, but there is absolutely nothing that's a good source for optimism with him.

mojo we rarely never disagree, but here we do.
You dont think Blackmon has a playbook and has been studying? you dont think theyres behind the scenes talks going on before he signed?
as far as ive always known blackmon hes been known as a very physical freak in terms of going after the ball, yards after catch, & a great route runner, which help leads to his seperation because he doesnt have blazing spped.
hes a football player. football players play football an transition well. he will b fine

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're discounting timing with your quarterback, comfort in the system and the value of reps. That's not even counting how far he's behind in being in "football shape".

All of this is pivotal for young players and all of it he's basically starting from scratch. A few minicamps don't accomplish much in the grand scheme of things.

It's far outside the norm for receivers to do a whole lot as rookies - he's only lessened his odds.

It's very unlikely he has an impact any time in the near future. I'm really just holding out hope he can show a flash or two after the bye.

If Blackmon were a physical freak, I'd be a little more hopeful, but he's limited athletically and will have to do more of the little things in order to be successful - little things are learned in camp.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
I think you're discounting timing with your quarterback, comfort in the system and the value of reps. That's not even counting how far he's behind in being in "football shape".

All of this is pivotal for young players and all of it he's basically starting from scratch. A few minicamps don't accomplish much in the grand scheme of things.

It's far outside the norm for receivers to do a whole lot as rookies - he's only lessened his odds.

It's very unlikely he has an impact any time in the near future. I'm really just holding out hope he can show a flash or two after the bye.

If Blackmon were a physical freak, I'd be a little more hopeful, but he's limited athletically and will have to do more of the little things in order to be successful - little things are learned in camp.

Blackmon will have 200+ yards at bye week. and only get better as season extends.
trust me he will be fine.
look up any scouting report and watch film on Blavkmon. hes known for his physical Abiloty. which well help him transition into a very good nfl reciever.
he attacks the ball better then almost any reciever i seen coming out of college. his radious is crazy, most any ball his way he brings in. his speed is solid, but his routes are crisp. which ia why he easily seperates from corners. he plays alot bigger then what he is.. hes smart, he knows what he has to do, to be prepared for football. ge has 5 weeks till game time. he has more then enough time. 2-3 weeks would be enough time.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

Blackmon will have 200+ yards at bye week. and only get better as season extends.
look up any scouting report and watch film on Blavkmon. hes known for his physical Abiloty. which well help him transition into a very good nfl reciever.
he attacks the ball better then almost any reciever i seen coming out of college. his radious is crazy, most any ball his way he brings in. his speed is solid, but his routes are crisp. which ia why he easily seperates from corners. he plays alot bigger then what he is.. hes smart, he knows what he has to do, to be prepared for football. ge has 5 weeks till game time. he has more then enough time. 2-3 weeks would be enough time.

200 yards by the bye week? So he will average 40 ypg? Big deal

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

200 yards by the bye week? So he will average 40 ypg? Big deal

i was thinking are bye was week 5? my bad then expect around 300+ i say he will average around 60-80 yards a game. which is slow for him. but he will be a very tough cover for corners and only make laurent better.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60-80 yards a game? Laughing

960-1,280 yards?

That'll be "slow for him?"

As a rookie who missed a good portion of the offseason?

Yeah, no.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
60-80 yards a game? Laughing

960-1,280 yards?

That'll be "slow for him?"

As a rookie who missed a good portion of the offseason?

Yeah, no.

When was the last time a rookie WR got 1200 yards receiving?

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

35 catches
550 yards
4 touchdowns

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: