Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LFFFKL 2012 Discussion Thread: Keepers Lock July 25th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
So do I now have the right to be pompous and arrogant? Not that any of our champs have been. I just get sick of hearing "your opinion doesn't matter because you never won anything"

It was more of "Why are you pretending that your draft advice is gospel when you've finished at an average of 8th place over the last 3 years". Everyone has opinions, and opinions are welcome, but to constantly pretend that your "ADP is only relevant when it supports my opinions" perspective is science gets pretty old after a while.

For the record: I'm not mad or angry in the least bit. Just pointing out the train of thought behind those comments.

You have not read very thoroughly if all you got out of my comments is "ADP is only relevant to support my opinions and is an exact science"

Congrats on your good year as well.

My entire starting unit missed significant time to injury. That's a big part of fantasy: players staying healthy. Mine didn't. Eh, it happens.

You run your own league. In that one, I'm in the championship game. So, thanks.

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
So do I now have the right to be pompous and arrogant? Not that any of our champs have been. I just get sick of hearing "your opinion doesn't matter because you never won anything"

It was more of "Why are you pretending that your draft advice is gospel when you've finished at an average of 8th place over the last 3 years". Everyone has opinions, and opinions are welcome, but to constantly pretend that your "ADP is only relevant when it supports my opinions" perspective is science gets pretty old after a while.

For the record: I'm not mad or angry in the least bit. Just pointing out the train of thought behind those comments.

You have not read very thoroughly if all you got out of my comments is "ADP is only relevant to support my opinions and is an exact science"

My entire starting unit missed significant time to injury. That's a big part of fantasy: players staying healthy. Mine didn't. Eh, it happens.

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

a.) My entire starting unit missed time due to injury other than Brees, who had his own demons to deal with all year.

b.) My #1 RB was carted off the field championship week.

c.) 2009 - first year EVER in fantasy - 7th place, 4 places ahead of you. 2010 - 6th place, 2 places ahead of you
2011 - jail, someone else ran team
2012 - championship - 7 places ahead of you

d.) My league has nothing to do with this one, but since you bring it up, last I looked I beat your rear and had scored far more points than you. Part of fantasy is also luck. When you have fewer points, but win, you can't claim any kind of superior knowledge(unless you are TL)

e.) My stance has ALWAYS been that ADP is one important factor amongst about 20 when selecting in the draft, only TL could spin that to mean what he wants it to.

f.) FIND ME A REPLACEMENT, I CAN'T STAND BEING IN HERE WITH SUCH A LUTZ ANYMORE.
1King

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on the win phreak. Kinda wish the finals was two weeks long, so I had a better chance at coming back to win, but oh well.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy rash of anger. Man... this place isn't that serious. Calm down.

In this league, I took a risk on high upside players, and it didn't work. I'm not worried about it... it happens. (I had plenty of personal life circumstances this year that led to starting mistakes, but none of it involved me being in jail.)

In your league, I beat you during week 8, 114.9 to 105.7. Might want to check again. You outscored me by a total of 29.7 points, which is an average of 2.28 points per week. Yeah. Not much. We both finished 10-3.

I have never claimed fantasy knowledge... I just don't rely on ADP when it suits my players, and disregard it when it doesn't.

I don't really know what a "lutz" is, but it's probably not an endearing term... calling me one isn't necessary.

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I just don't rely on ADP when it suits my players, and disregard it when it doesn't.

I don't think anyone has or does. You take exception to the fact it is one of about 20 factors, that is on you, not me.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
congrats on the win phreak. Kinda wish the finals was two weeks long, so I had a better chance at coming back to win, but oh well.

That's a good point. Should we change the Championship matchup to a two week matchup next season? What do you think?

We can vote on it if more people would like to see the change.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

f.) FIND ME A REPLACEMENT, I CAN'T STAND BEING IN HERE WITH SUCH A LUTZ ANYMORE.

None of that, man. You don't have to like TL, but don't call him names. It's against the rules. Going forward it'll be a warning.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
1King wrote:

That's a good point. Should we change the Championship matchup to a two week matchup next season? What do you think?

We can vote on it if more people would like to see the change.

Two week championships are best. It takes a lot of luck out of it. Bad and good luck.

Plus it can even out if a guy has players sitting out for resting etc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumped..

Xfactor wanted the thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keepers

QB- Newton
WR- Maclin----hoping new offense in Philly makes him soar

Other two unsure

RB- Murray--- would not mind upgrading

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My keepers are:

Adrian Peterson
AJ Green

And two of the following:

Russell Wilson
Stevan Ridley
Wes Welker
Steven Jackson

Make offers for anyone. Green is about the only one I am very unlikely to trade.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady is OTB.

I'm looking to upgrade at WR (Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace) or add a stud RB (upgrade over Reggie Bush).

Shoot me a PM.
WE-R-Lions

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

a.) My entire starting unit missed time due to injury other than Brees, who had his own demons to deal with all year.

b.) My #1 RB was carted off the field championship week.

c.) 2009 - first year EVER in fantasy - 7th place, 4 places ahead of you. 2010 - 6th place, 2 places ahead of you
2011 - jail, someone else ran team
2012 - championship - 7 places ahead of you

d.) My league has nothing to do with this one, but since you bring it up, last I looked I beat your rear and had scored far more points than you. Part of fantasy is also luck. When you have fewer points, but win, you can't claim any kind of superior knowledge(unless you are TL)

e.) My stance has ALWAYS been that ADP is one important factor amongst about 20 when selecting in the draft, only TL could spin that to mean what he wants it to.

If you need a replacement? I would be interested.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people can manage to not spin terms and be better than everyone else, I am still here I guess.

Keepers;
Drew Brees QB
Doug Martin RB
Trent Richardson RB
4th TBD

OTB;
Alfred Morris - currently ADP 12
Demaryius Thomas - Currently ADP 26
Roddy White - Currently ADP 36
Aaron Hernandez - Currently ADP 44
Marques Colston - currently ADP 47
Andre Brown RB
Dennis Pitta TE

Would like to package a couple/few of these for top WR or TE.

Also;
note 1K has my 1rd and I have his 12rd

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 68 of 85

Jump to: