Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cleveland Cavaliers Thread - THE TANK HAS BEEN COMPLETED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade Andy for a box of chocolates at this point.

The guy is going to be useless as hell in 3 years.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
I thank to the stars above you're not the Cleveland Cavaliers GM. That's HORRIBLE. No way around it.

Also, can we see what Dion can do before we dub him anything special? We are a team with UNKNOWNS. Only thing we really have is Kyrie. As far as a young player goes.

Also, us having just Kyrie and Bynum is not a contender. Not sure where everyone is getting that from. We still need a lot more talent than just those two and possibly three if Dion come to his own.

Again. I DONT HAVE AN ISSUE WITH BYNUM. My issue is us giving up everything while the Lakers is only giving up Bynum and Devin Ebanks. That's TERRIBLE. They're getting the obvious SUPERSTAR. Shouldn't they contribute more?

As you said, you're a team of unknowns. Having the best young point guard in the league and the second best center in the league would change that though. It would make Cleveland a much more attractive place for free agents getting the chance to play alongside Irving and Bynum.

The Lakers are giving up Andrew Bynum, the second best center in the NBA. He averaged 19 and 12 last season as the third option offensively, playing with the biggest volume scorer in the league and another big that took 16+ shots per game. Can you imagine the type of production he'd put up with Kyrie Irving as the number two option offensively? He'd easily put up 22+ points per game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockyDennis wrote:
LOL @ some of you guys even entertaining the thought of Thompson not being included in the deal. What the hell do you expect to give up lol?

Quote:
Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft

According to multiple sources Magic would likely get Anderson Varejao plus picks and prospects.

Rolling Eyes
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
I can't take you seriously. You don't understand my point and you're basically repeating the same thing over and over again. DWIGHT HOWARD >>>>>>>>> BYNUM, correct? Why isn't the LAKERS GIVING UP MORE. Why must we give up the most and take back the worst contracts?

Some Cavaliers fans are just way too desperate. We can't even build a legit team because people want to rush the rebuild and compete for the 8th seed.

No, I'd say Dwight Howard > Andrew Bynum. But it's not that big of a margin to be completely honest. Bynum is much better than Howard offensively, and Howard is much better than Bynum defensively.

Having Irving and Bynum alone makes Cleveland a playoff team next season with a chance to be a championship contender within the next few years.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
smh wrote:
I thank to the stars above you're not the Cleveland Cavaliers GM. That's HORRIBLE. No way around it.

Also, can we see what Dion can do before we dub him anything special? We are a team with UNKNOWNS. Only thing we really have is Kyrie. As far as a young player goes.

Also, us having just Kyrie and Bynum is not a contender. Not sure where everyone is getting that from. We still need a lot more talent than just those two and possibly three if Dion come to his own.

Again. I DONT HAVE AN ISSUE WITH BYNUM. My issue is us giving up everything while the Lakers is only giving up Bynum and Devin Ebanks. That's TERRIBLE. They're getting the obvious SUPERSTAR. Shouldn't they contribute more?

As you said, you're a team of unknowns. Having the best young point guard in the league and the second best center in the league would change that though. It would make Cleveland a much more attractive place for free agents getting the chance to play alongside Irving and Bynum.

The Lakers are giving up Andrew Bynum, the second best center in the NBA. He averaged 19 and 12 last season as the third option offensively, playing with the biggest volume scorer in the league and another big that took 16+ shots per game. Can you imagine the type of production he'd put up with Kyrie Irving as the number two option offensively? He'd easily put up 22+ points per game.

Yes. Plus we'll still have cap flexibilty. This situation is nothing like the LeLost days. I mean we like got Kyrie. With Bynum? Waiters? Another piece? Yup.

BTW I thought you said you were going to be a Cavalier fan? Laughing

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
RockyDennis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
RockyDennis wrote:
LOL @ some of you guys even entertaining the thought of Thompson not being included in the deal. What the hell do you expect to give up lol?

Quote:

According to multiple sources Magic would likely get Anderson Varejao plus picks and prospects.

Rolling Eyes
What's the definition of prospects? Mine would be up and coming young players which Thompson seems to fit.
smh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
smh wrote:

LOLLLLLLLL.

I don't know what to say anymore. They're giving up Bynum and receiving the best CENTER in the league, correct? All that other stuff is null and void. They're are getting the better talent. Why aren't they giving up more?

I don't even get your point in all of this. They're giving up 2nd best for the best.
RockyDennis

And I guess we can mark that down as another delusional fan that thinks they're really getting Bynum for Andy V and picks..
Raves

smh wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
smh wrote:
Uh no. I don't want to give away all our picks while the Laker's is giving up Devin Ebanks. This is the same mind-set people had when LeBron was here and look where we ended up. WITH CRAP. I don't want that to happen again. Sorry.

The Lakers are giving up Andrew Bynum though, who is the second best center in the league and the best offensive center in the game without a doubt. Do you really think two late first round picks and a late lottery-mid first round pick are going to that valuable, honestly?

smh wrote:
I sure hope so. Let me be clear here. I would love Bynum here, but I don't want to give up everything to get him. Especially with him being a FA at the end of the season.

And if you honestly believe Andrew Bynum is going to hit the free agent market this summer then you don't really have any knowledge of the situation. If he won't agree to an extension in Orlando then he won't even be traded there and the Lakers will give him a maximum extension. He's already made it clear that getting a max extension was his first priority and you're dumb if you don't think the Lakers are going to give it to him. He said he'd consider signing elsewhere IF he wasn't extended by the Lakers, which I'd be willing to bet my life savings that they're going to extend him if they don't move him.

I can't take you seriously. You don't understand my point and you're basically repeating the same thing over and over again. DWIGHT HOWARD >>>>>>>>> BYNUM, correct? Why isn't the LAKERS GIVING UP MORE. Why must we give up the most and take back the worst contracts?

Some Cavaliers fans are just way too desperate. We can't even build a legit team because people want to rush the rebuild and compete for the 8th seed.

The Cavs will already be competing for the 8th seed, if you don't realize that then you must still be suffering the effects of LeBron leaving and resorting back to the "Woe is fans of Cleveland fans we always suck, will never win anything blah blah blah blah." With Bynum we'll be competing for a 5-6 seed, with Dion playing well and if we by some miracle keep TT, we'd be looking at the 3-4 seed. Atlanta is out, Orlando is out, Chicago will be down, New York is meh, Philly lacks a true star, Indy is the same. The only teams that I see be legit to have a good seed is Miami and Boston. New Jersey has a lot of potential if Lopez is healthy as I like their team a lot.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
smh

RockyDennis wrote:
smh wrote:
RockyDennis wrote:

Quote:

Rolling Eyes
What's the definition of prospects? Mine would be up and coming young players which Thompson seems to fit.

I doubt they would want tristan, though. didn't they just draft two prospect PFs? Just adding two and two.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
smh wrote:

Yes. Plus we'll still have cap flexibilty. This situation is nothing like the LeLost days. I mean we like got Kyrie. With Bynum? Waiters? Another piece? Yup.

I find it funny how bad SMH is making Andrew Bynum out to be.

He's basically saying "god forbid we give up a role playing big man that missed forty games last season and future draft picks to get the second best center in the league! We need to keep all of those mid first round picks and hope we can take someone good! We can absolutely not take on two bad contracts, one that can be bought out, if it means we're getting one of the best players in the NBA!!!!"

It's not like he averaged 19, 12, and 2 on 56% FG last season playing with the most ball dominant guard in the league or anything. Not to mention another big that averaged 16 shots per game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
smh wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
smh wrote:
Uh no. I don't want to give away all our picks while the Laker's is giving up Devin Ebanks. This is the same mind-set people had when LeBron was here and look where we ended up. WITH CRAP. I don't want that to happen again. Sorry.

The Lakers are giving up Andrew Bynum though, who is the second best center in the league and the best offensive center in the game without a doubt. Do you really think two late first round picks and a late lottery-mid first round pick are going to that valuable, honestly?

smh wrote:
I sure hope so. Let me be clear here. I would love Bynum here, but I don't want to give up everything to get him. Especially with him being a FA at the end of the season.

And if you honestly believe Andrew Bynum is going to hit the free agent market this summer then you don't really have any knowledge of the situation. If he won't agree to an extension in Orlando then he won't even be traded there and the Lakers will give him a maximum extension. He's already made it clear that getting a max extension was his first priority and you're dumb if you don't think the Lakers are going to give it to him. He said he'd consider signing elsewhere IF he wasn't extended by the Lakers, which I'd be willing to bet my life savings that they're going to extend him if they don't move him.

The Cavs will already be competing for the 8th seed, if you don't realize that then you must still be suffering the effects of LeBron leaving and resorting back to the "Woe is fans of Cleveland fans we always suck, will never win anything blah blah blah blah." With Bynum we'll be competing for a 5-6 seed, with Dion playing well and if we by some miracle keep TT, we'd be looking at the 3-4 seed. Atlanta is out, Orlando is out, Chicago will be down, New York is meh, Philly lacks a true star, Indy is the same. The only teams that I see be legit to have a good seed is Miami and Boston. New Jersey has a lot of potential if Lopez is healthy as I like their team a lot.

Yeah okay.

Who are the current Cavaliers better than? Not all teams set idle this off-season. A lot of improvements.

Heat, Bulls, Boston, Pacers, Sixers, Knicks, Nets, Wizards, that look pretty stellar to me.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
WE CANT GIVE UP ANY PICKS IF DA LAKERS AREN'T GIVING UP PICKS CAUSE WE'RE GIVING UP ANDERSON VAREJO AND THEY GIVING UP ANDREW BYNUM AND EBANKS AND BYNUM SUCK HE ONLY MAKE US 8TH SEED AND MEDIOCRE. WE MUST KEEP ALL OF OUR DRAFT PICKS CUZ THEY WILL MAKE US WIN CHAMPIONSHIP AND BE BETTER TEAM IN FIVE YEARS MAYBE.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
smh wrote:

I find it funny how bad SMH is making Andrew Bynum out to be.

He's basically saying "god forbid we give up a role playing big man that missed forty games last season and future draft picks to get the second best center in the league! We need to keep all of those mid first round picks and hope we can take someone good! We can absolutely not take on two bad contracts, one that can be bought out, if it means we're getting one of the best players in the NBA!!!!"

It's not like he averaged 19, 12, and 2 on 56% FG last season playing with the most ball dominant guard in the league or anything. Not to mention another big that averaged 16 shots per game.

I see your reading comprehension needs work. I said I have zero problem with getting Bynum. My issue is us giving up more than the Lakers. I don't agree with it. You mad?

At the end of the day. It's all opinion.
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
smh wrote:
WE CANT GIVE UP ANY PICKS IF DA LAKERS AREN'T GIVING UP PICKS CAUSE WE'RE GIVING UP ANDERSON VAREJO AND THEY GIVING UP ANDREW BYNUM AND EBANKS AND BYNUM SUCK HE ONLY MAKE US 8TH SEED AND MEDIOCRE. WE MUST KEEP ALL OF OUR DRAFT PICKS CUZ THEY WILL MAKE US WIN CHAMPIONSHIP AND BE BETTER TEAM IN FIVE YEARS MAYBE.

When posters need to relax...

He has his own opinion. Get over it

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: