Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cleveland Cavaliers Thread - THE TANK HAS BEEN COMPLETED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42381
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I had us taking Dion when Beal was off the board.

Look for the guys that tested off the charts by sabermetrics the last two years. It was Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson.


I like sabremetrics for sports. I just worry about it when evaluating college basketball players. It doesn't account for size and athletcism which is a HUGE deal in the sport of basketball.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FEARtheELF


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5793
Location: THE Ohio State University
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
smh wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
smh wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
1. You need 3 capable big men rotating, especially since TT or Tyler Zeller will never be dominant.

2. SF would be awesome to address but there are no definite, sure-fire SFs outside of Muhammed in the draft.

3. We signed Iggy so does that not sure up the SF spot? Iggy and Gee splitting time at the 3 is more then good enough. In fact, having Iggy to guard the Durants and LeBrons is huge.

4. Maybe you say you want a young stud 3, but we have to have some defense on the court, Kyrie and Dion will be scorers, Iggy is an amazing 3rd option.


1. How do you know this already? Are you some type of future teller? At least give these guys a chance. Making these foolish predictions already.

2. Again, are you a scout? All of your predictions seem to be opinions and not facts. Stop it.

3. We signed Iggy? I thought he was in Denver playing. I didn't get any news of him being in Cleveland.

4. Stop with this foolishness. Why in the world would the Cavs go after an almost 30 something year old SF when we can draft a stud?

All the stuff you said was quite foolish, IMO.



AHHHHHH, so YOURE the future teller. It ALLLLL makes sense now. Everyone stop thinking. smh has got us on this from here on out.

Laughing

And I'm foolish? Everything you just said was washed away with you last statement. Youre talking foolish, IMO


Washed away because I believe players are future studs? Oh, that makes perfect sense. Moving right along.

Bye.


Whats the difference in he thinking guys wont be dominant and you thinking guys are going to be future studs. Dont see how you can call him out on that statement and then make the one you did. IMO.
exactly.
_________________

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3888
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
smh wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
smh wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
1. You need 3 capable big men rotating, especially since TT or Tyler Zeller will never be dominant.

2. SF would be awesome to address but there are no definite, sure-fire SFs outside of Muhammed in the draft.

3. We signed Iggy so does that not sure up the SF spot? Iggy and Gee splitting time at the 3 is more then good enough. In fact, having Iggy to guard the Durants and LeBrons is huge.

4. Maybe you say you want a young stud 3, but we have to have some defense on the court, Kyrie and Dion will be scorers, Iggy is an amazing 3rd option.


1. How do you know this already? Are you some type of future teller? At least give these guys a chance. Making these foolish predictions already.

2. Again, are you a scout? All of your predictions seem to be opinions and not facts. Stop it.

3. We signed Iggy? I thought he was in Denver playing. I didn't get any news of him being in Cleveland.

4. Stop with this foolishness. Why in the world would the Cavs go after an almost 30 something year old SF when we can draft a stud?

All the stuff you said was quite foolish, IMO.



AHHHHHH, so YOURE the future teller. It ALLLLL makes sense now. Everyone stop thinking. smh has got us on this from here on out.

Laughing

And I'm foolish? Everything you just said was washed away with you last statement. Youre talking foolish, IMO


Washed away because I believe players are future studs? Oh, that makes perfect sense. Moving right along.

Bye.


Whats the difference in he thinking guys wont be dominant and you thinking guys are going to be future studs. Dont see how you can call him out on that statement and then make the one you did. IMO.


I beg your pardon?

I asked him why he doesn't see them being dominate, though. I still haven't gotten an answer for that. It's just odd to me he makes that prediction from Tris being one year in the league and Zeller's just coming in.

Excuse me, but what was your point again?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3888
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
smh wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
smh wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
1. You need 3 capable big men rotating, especially since TT or Tyler Zeller will never be dominant.

2. SF would be awesome to address but there are no definite, sure-fire SFs outside of Muhammed in the draft.

3. We signed Iggy so does that not sure up the SF spot? Iggy and Gee splitting time at the 3 is more then good enough. In fact, having Iggy to guard the Durants and LeBrons is huge.

4. Maybe you say you want a young stud 3, but we have to have some defense on the court, Kyrie and Dion will be scorers, Iggy is an amazing 3rd option.


1. How do you know this already? Are you some type of future teller? At least give these guys a chance. Making these foolish predictions already.

2. Again, are you a scout? All of your predictions seem to be opinions and not facts. Stop it.

3. We signed Iggy? I thought he was in Denver playing. I didn't get any news of him being in Cleveland.

4. Stop with this foolishness. Why in the world would the Cavs go after an almost 30 something year old SF when we can draft a stud?

All the stuff you said was quite foolish, IMO.



AHHHHHH, so YOURE the future teller. It ALLLLL makes sense now. Everyone stop thinking. smh has got us on this from here on out.

Laughing

And I'm foolish? Everything you just said was washed away with you last statement. Youre talking foolish, IMO


Washed away because I believe players are future studs? Oh, that makes perfect sense. Moving right along.

Bye.


Whats the difference in he thinking guys wont be dominant and you thinking guys are going to be future studs. Dont see how you can call him out on that statement and then make the one you did. IMO.
exactly.


Exactly what? He didn't prove anything. In fact I was waiting on you to answer my questions, but I see now you won't be able to. G'day ma'am.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 7378
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOLOLOL
_________________

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3888
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan Thompson is the favorite to start at power forward for the Cavaliers this season, according to head coach Byron Scott.
This does not qualify as news, as it's fully expected that Thompson will start and have a nice season. Samardo Samuels and newcomer Jon Leuer appear to also be in the hunt for minutes at PF, but it would be shocking to see one of them win the starting job over Thompson.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nba/cle/cleveland-cavaliers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 13152
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
Tristan Thompson is the favorite to start at power forward for the Cavaliers this season, according to head coach Byron Scott.
This does not qualify as news, as it's fully expected that Thompson will start and have a nice season. Samardo Samuels and newcomer Jon Leuer appear to also be in the hunt for minutes at PF, but it would be shocking to see one of them win the starting job over Thompson.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nba/cle/cleveland-cavaliers


Not only would that be shocking, but if either of the aforementioned guys were to surpass Thompson on the depth chart coming into his second season, that would be a sign of a HORRIBLY wasted pick.

Let's hope that's not the case and Thompson can actually warrant his draft status going forward. The kid definitely showed a ton of potential in his rookie season, but he still has a ways to go to be a legitimate threat at the 4 in this league. As much as that depends on himself, I also believe how good Thompson will be has a direct correlation with the maturation of Kyrie as a point guard.
_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3888
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
smh wrote:
Tristan Thompson is the favorite to start at power forward for the Cavaliers this season, according to head coach Byron Scott.
This does not qualify as news, as it's fully expected that Thompson will start and have a nice season. Samardo Samuels and newcomer Jon Leuer appear to also be in the hunt for minutes at PF, but it would be shocking to see one of them win the starting job over Thompson.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nba/cle/cleveland-cavaliers


Not only would that be shocking, but if either of the aforementioned guys were to surpass Thompson on the depth chart coming into his second season, that would be a sign of a HORRIBLY wasted pick.

Let's hope that's not the case and Thompson can actually warrant his draft status going forward. The kid definitely showed a ton of potential in his rookie season, but he still has a ways to go to be a legitimate threat at the 4 in this league. As much as that depends on himself, I also believe how good Thompson will be has a direct correlation with the maturation of Kyrie as a point guard.


See, I wouldn't call it a wasted pick, though. Because he's only in his second year. Big men do take a little longer to develop.

Also, you should go to the official site and listen to some interviews. Coach Scott said Tristan worked the hardest this summer. He gained 10/15lbs of muscle, also.

I'm just waiting. By year 3, Tristan should have it all together.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 13152
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
See, I wouldn't call it a wasted pick, though. Because he's only in his second year. Big men do take a little longer to develop.

Also, you should go to the official site and listen to some interviews. Coach Scott said Tristan worked the hardest this summer. He gained 10/15lbs of muscle, also.

I'm just waiting. By year 3, Tristan should have it all together.


I'm not even talking about Tristan becoming a complete PF in his second year, that is a lot to expect out of anyone. And I have no doubt from the reports of him bulking up that he has been working as hard as anyone during the course of the off season. My original statement was more in regards to how horrible/mediocre I think Samardo Samuels and Jon Leuer are. Laughing

So even in his second year, if a top 4 NBA pick couldn't beat out those guys, one would naturally have to assume there is a serious issue there.
_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42381
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best vid I have found as a scouting report for Zeller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB8wMWQobL4
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3888
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
smh wrote:
See, I wouldn't call it a wasted pick, though. Because he's only in his second year. Big men do take a little longer to develop.

Also, you should go to the official site and listen to some interviews. Coach Scott said Tristan worked the hardest this summer. He gained 10/15lbs of muscle, also.

I'm just waiting. By year 3, Tristan should have it all together.


I'm not even talking about Tristan becoming a complete PF in his second year, that is a lot to expect out of anyone. And I have no doubt from the reports of him bulking up that he has been working as hard as anyone during the course of the off season. My original statement was more in regards to how horrible/mediocre I think Samardo Samuels and Jon Leuer are. Laughing

So even in his second year, if a top 4 NBA pick couldn't beat out those guys, one would naturally have to assume there is a serious issue there.


I see now and I agree. I think Jon L is going to surprise a lot of people this year because of his ability to stretch the floor. But Tristan should not doubt beat out both Samardo and John for the starting spot.

I think Zeller will be starting by the trade deadline or a little before that.

I'm just excited about the team. If everybody pans out like we hope, we'll be a problem in a few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3888
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NxBJpcKOrO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vrQmUPixRpQ

Couple videos of Dion working out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2086
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NxBJpcKOrO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vrQmUPixRpQ

Couple videos of Dion working out.


The one thing I really like about Dion compared to several of our recently let go Shooting Guards is that it looks as if he will be able to create his own shot off of the dribble. It has driven me crazy for quite some time now how are shootings guards would just hang out at the 3 point line and wait for the ball to come to them.

Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3888
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cavs preseason game is on FSohio.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Best vid I have found as a scouting report for Zeller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB8wMWQobL4


I'm expecting Tyler Zeller to eventually develop into a 14 and 7 guy and fit really well next to Tristan Thompson.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 23 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group