Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cleveland Cavaliers Thread - THE TANK HAS BEEN COMPLETED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
buno67 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
smh wrote:

Alex Poythress?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/alex-poythress

Hes rated a 0 in all categories. Wouldn't take at any pick.

then way is he a scholarship player for kentucky lol

ive seen a couple freshmen on that site have all zeros...i just think they havent updated their profiles lol

Alex Poythress is nice. He's extremely long and athletic with the potential to become a lock down defender. He finishes really well in transition and around the basket, and is a dead eye shooter from beyond the arc. At this point he needs to improve his handle/midrange game and get more comfortable playing on the perimeter, but there's no doubt that the talent is there.

Cleveland is gearing up to become a more up-tempo team in the future with Irving, Waiters, Thompson, and Zeller and a guy like Poythress fits in really well with your core. He'd spread the floor for Irving and the big men and is nasty running the floor and in transition.

Yes. I think he fits in perfectly with what we're trying to build. I like his size, speed and ability to finish.

I'll be watching him along with other SF this season.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:

I don't see any weight issues here Laughing
smh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vrQmUPixRpQ

Dion Waiters working out.
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 2013 off-season is what is key for us. We can finsih our NBA champion-caliber lineup here.

For me, my dream is to, in the draft, land one of

Cody Zeller
Nerlens Noel
Isaiah Austin
Steven Adams

And sign Andre Iguodala

That leaves us with a lineup of

Kyrie Irving/Booby Gibson
Dion Waiters/CJ Miles
Andre Iguodala/Alonzo Gee
Tristan Thompson/Anderson Varejao
Cody Zeller/Draft Pick

I think that is a lineup that can create a whole bunch of different matchup problems, defend, run, and score. I would LOVE watching this kind of team play.

I know this is so far off but I think we can be close

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
I think 2013 off-season is what is key for us. We can finsih our NBA champion-caliber lineup here.

For me, my dream is to, in the draft, land one of

Cody Zeller
Nerlens Noel
Isaiah Austin
Steven Adams

And sign Andre Iguodala

That leaves us with a lineup of

Kyrie Irving/Booby Gibson
Dion Waiters/CJ Miles
Andre Iguodala/Alonzo Gee
Tristan Thompson/Anderson Varejao
Cody Zeller/Draft Pick

I think that is a lineup that can create a whole bunch of different matchup problems, defend, run, and score. I would LOVE watching this kind of team play.

I know this is so far off but I think we can be close

i would love to get Cody Zeller. If we got him we would have a great rotation of Bigs in Cody, Tyler, and TT. I would really love to see the brothers in Cleveland. It would add to great chemistry b/w the two and have two brothers ever played on the same team and by brothers i mean siblings lol

It be great to get Iggy. He would be the great vet we need but would make a great impact for our team

i hope we trade Andy this year...we need to get something out of him before his value really drops!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
smh wrote:

I don't see any weight issues here Laughing

yeah the whole draft process and etc he pulled a troy smith...he enjoyed the ride and didnt take it to serious. I think a lot of it falls on his agent because he shut him down and etc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a disaster to draft a C. We just got Zeller. I'm pretty sure the front office is going with him for the future.

Adonis Thomas.
Alex Polythress.
LeBryan Nash.
Tony Mitchell.
Etc..

I don't see a point in drafting another position we just filled.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
That would be a disaster to draft a C. We just got Zeller. I'm pretty sure the front office is going with him for the future.

Adonis Thomas.
Alex Polythress.
LeBryan Nash.
Tony Mitchell.
Etc..

see i wouldnt be to mad because he has the ability to be the best player in the draft. I dont mine it because I think Tyler would make a great 6th man.

have TT and Cody start and which one isnt playing well to start the game, we bring in cody. It would us to go big and have Cody and Tyler in or go quick with TT and Tyler in (I think Tyler is suited for a more up tempo offense) Cody would be perfect for Kyrie when we need to slow it down and go to a half court set!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
smh wrote:

Adonis Thomas.
Alex Polythress.
LeBryan Nash.
Tony Mitchell.
Etc..

see i wouldnt be to mad because he has the ability to be the best player in the draft. I dont mine it because I think Tyler would make a great 6th man.

have TT and Cody start and which one isnt playing well to start the game, we bring in cody. It would us to go big and have Cody and Tyler in or go quick with TT and Tyler in (I think Tyler is suited for a more up tempo offense) Cody would be perfect for Kyrie when we need to slow it down and go to a half court set!
I know hes a professional and hes probably been told many times that his younger brother is better but I don't know how excited Tyler would be to back up Cody

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
smh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't make sense for a team that just gave up a lot of picks to move up for Tyler Zeller to draft another center the next year.

Coach Scott already said he predict that Zeller would be the starting Center mid-way through the season.

Let's focus on the SF..
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cavs gave up 24 and 2 early 2's. Not that much. Even if Zeller looks like he will be a solid starting NBA center, I see no problem with adding another center. Three big men will play heavy minutes, and knowing Andy won't be around forever, it's smart to seek his replacement. Ideally, a small forward would be the pick, as it is a greater need, but if a center is a superior talent, it's still a good move.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cody Zeller can easily play PF.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, OK.

I see a big problem with drafting the same position over and over. That's like the Cavs going after Damian Lillard when they just drafted Kyrie. It make no sense, doesn't it?

FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You need 3 capable big men rotating, especially since TT or Tyler Zeller will never be dominant.

2. SF would be awesome to address but there are no definite, sure-fire SFs outside of Muhammed in the draft.

3. We signed Iggy so does that not sure up the SF spot? Iggy and Gee splitting time at the 3 is more then good enough. In fact, having Iggy to guard the Durants and LeBrons is huge.

4. Maybe you say you want a young stud 3, but we have to have some defense on the court, Kyrie and Dion will be scorers, Iggy is an amazing 3rd option.

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
Yeah, OK.

I see a big problem with drafting the same position over and over. That's like the Cavs going after Damian Lillard when they just drafted Kyrie. It make no sense, doesn't it?

So we have to draft a small forward next season even if theres clearly a better option on the board? We don't have much invested in the center position.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 21 of 100

Jump to: