Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Football's Future Packers Forum Fantasy League 2012
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Football's Future Packers Forum Fantasy League 2012 Reply with quote

Introduction

My name is Eric and I'm glad to announce the creation of the Packers Forum Fantasy Football League for the upcoming 2012-2013 season!

With a plethora of insightful posters with extensive knowledge on not only a local level with the Packers, but a league wide level, a fantasy football league becomes a haven for discussion, conversation and competition like no other. It is with pleasure that I create such a league, as we all can genuinely appreciate a civil and competitive league with several opposing strategies.

Format

This year's league will be comprised of 16 teams within four divisions. Each lineup will consist of one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex (TE, RB, WR), one kicker, and one defense/special teams unit. Each bench will contain seven players as well.

I genuinely feel as if a 16 team league, although potentially exhausting to some with the long draft and extensive research required, creates the most competitive atmosphere possible while rewarding not only research but commitment as well. I personally believe that I am an enthusiast and would like to be surrounded by others as well.

Scoring

Similar to last year's league on this forum, I hope to go with points per reception (.5) and standard scoring throughout. With that being said, this is an experience for 15 other users so the scoring is open to discussion. As of now, the basic scoring applies but I trust others' opinions.

There will be 14 regular season weeks with 8 teams advancing to the playoffs. I feel as if this compensates for injuries throughout the year and gives a great opportunity to win it all.

Although it isn't even August, I thought it'd be best to get the league started as soon as possible. The draft will be put off until late August. I thoroughly enjoyed the draft system we incorporated last year in Waldo's league, but that created controversy with waiting times, injuries and injury replacements, and draft order. With that being said, I believe an ESPN or CBS draft will be the best at this point, but this, too, can be decided at a later date.

If you are interested at all, leave your information here and any other comments or concerns you have. I will be totally involved with this as school starts on the 20th of September for me. I hope some of you will be invested as well.

Once this gets some attention, I'll move the discussion thread over to the fantasy forum. Apologies if this is considered clutter, but I thought this was timely given how dead the boards are.
GBforce12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in joining

Email connor.rylatt@yahoo.com

Last edited by GBforce12 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jr911

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very interested in joining too!

Email: teschmj22@uww.edu
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up.

dodgeaj02@uww.edu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to join - I have barely any posts but I've been lurking since last year. Great content is posted on here.

ice.bergner@gmail.com
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What website will it be on? I tried fleaflicker last season and was not very fond of it, despite how everyone on here seems to love it.

Jordy_bob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to join Jordan_1540@hotmail.com

Props to GreenNGold85
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if its fleaflicker im out, if its ESPN/Yahoo or possibly a couple other I am in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Yeah if its fleaflicker im out, if its ESPN/Yahoo or possibly a couple other I am in.

Why not fleaflicker? I like that site the most out of all of them?

FF or ESPN pleaz

imaqban@gmail.com
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to say i'm in if it isn't fleaflicker: sandy71689@yahoo.com

My gripe with fleaflicker is mainly the aesthetics and lack of user-friendliness. Which is all that really matters. Frankly, fantasy football is all the same. Same players, you pick the rules as you want them (which are the same options in every website), and I always make my own pre-rankings so if one site has better experts ranking them it makes no difference.

I found FF to be very difficult to navigate, which mitigated my interest in the league as I would have to talk myself into changing my lineup every week. I found scanning different options and groups of players on the waiver wire to be mind-numbingly inefficient as well. ESPN's contrasting colors make it easier to read and view, and the simpler method to sort different groups of players saves time as I check my teams. Even Yahoo, while lacking professional looking finishing, has a simple click-and-drag method that makes lineup changes fast. I just don't get how so many people are into fleaflicker.

packfan4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in, prefer Yahoo but down for anything really.

Brett88cris@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm incredibly excited with all of the interest! Obviously as the creator of the league, I'll need to be invested. With me being home in August almost every day, I just want to ensure everyone that I'll do my best to keep things running smoothly.

In regards to the proposed site, what are your thoughts? I see a combination of Fleaflicker, Yahoo and ESPN. If we could reach a consensus to include those who post here regularly and are committed to the league week in and week out, that would be easiest.

I also think those who took part in last year's league with Waldo as the commissioner can attest to how frustrating it was when, by week eight, we had 11 teams that were active. Thus, I want to ensure that those signing up are indeed fantasy football enthusiasts. I realize there is a lot of time in between now and August, but getting this going early would be beneficial for all parties involved, preventing any sort of chaos come draft time.

Final point: in terms of the draft itself, is anyone opposed to one similar to last years, or would a live draft be preferable? I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures and explanations that were incorporated to last years draft, as well as the time we had to draft/research our selections. Best part in my eyes was the trade process; being able to trade selections made it incredibly strategic and gave it a more realistic draft experience. The main downfall were the injuries in preseason. I thought Waldo's decision to allow those who drafted one who was injured in preseason to make a selection whenever they wanted to helped mitigate some of that frustration, but I still feel if that was still somewhat ineffective.

Any thoughts on the above points would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for the interest and I look forward to hearing everyone's feedback!
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per the site, I think the only one that no one hates vehemently is ESPN. I know a lot of people who refuse to play Yahoo, and I know a few people who don't see the allure of FF (myself included). If anyone does hate ESPN FFB, they should speak up. I once did an EA sports league and that was the worst of all.

For my own voucher for activity, I try all season in all of my leagues, regardless of record. This will be my fourth team this year, which is my self imposed limit. I usually end up with four each season. Last season in one of my leagues, I was in last all year, but tried to win every week and, in week 17, managed to pull out 9th place. Closest I've ever come to last place.

I wasn't a part of Waldo's league last season. I'm not familiar with the draft process he took, but was it on the message board here? Cuz that would be cool. I like the idea of that.

CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
As per the site, I think the only one that no one hates vehemently is ESPN. I know a lot of people who refuse to play Yahoo, and I know a few people who don't see the allure of FF (myself included). If anyone does hate ESPN FFB, they should speak up. I once did an EA sports league and that was the worst of all.

For my own voucher for activity, I try all season in all of my leagues, regardless of record. This will be my fourth team this year, which is my self imposed limit. I usually end up with four each season. Last season in one of my leagues, I was in last all year, but tried to win every week and, in week 17, managed to pull out 9th place. Closest I've ever come to last place.

I wasn't a part of Waldo's league last season. I'm not familiar with the draft process he took, but was it on the message board here? Cuz that would be cool. I like the idea of that.

There was a specific forum dedicated to the draft. There were 16 users and each selection for the first two to three rounds had an OTC time limit of 8 hours. It made it incredibly enjoyable but lengthy, especially with a few users who would wait until the last minute. On the first page, first post, there was a running draft board with every selection and who owned it, allowing for several trades to be worked out, something I used to my advantage to trade up for Tony Romo when I saw a quarterback run occurring. Each selection was followed with a picture and an explanation of why they were taken (for the first few rounds at least).

The downfall is obviously the time it takes to finish, people being busy and not selecting, etc. If I were to force users to have a big board that they emailed to me, I could easily make the selection for them if they weren't available during their allotted time period. Otherwise, we just skipped them over last year. Another solution is shortening the OTC period to 4-5 hours, but that may be an inconvenience for some.

Either way, it added a new dimension to fantasy 'ball.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down for this. Last year I played fantasy for the first time and had a blast with it, except for the fact that one of the team's owners stopped playing half-way through the season. It screwed up a lot, as his team ended up getting beat every week afterwards. It'll be nice to play with people where it'll be a challenge.

I'm definitely down for playing on ESPN if that's what everyone chooses.

email: posty2k3@gmail.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: