Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The response: Seahawks @ Panthers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: The response: Seahawks @ Panthers Reply with quote

How does Seattle bounce back. Do we dare lose 3 straight? Feels like we're out of the NFCWC conversation if we lose, 3-4 is very hard to bounce back from. With the Giants and then Raiders at home following this game, no reason we can't win 3 straight if we start with this game. 6-3 isn't that bad at all.

Keys to this game:

-Running the Football

-Controlling T.O.P

-Capitalize on TOs

Those 3 things got us to the superbowl last Season, but we haven't even been above average in any of them besides ground game. It can't continue to happen if we want to see post-season play. We'll be getting a little healthier over the next few weeks so this is the perfect time to turn it around with some home games falling into our laps.

This game should define our season. If we lose, I think we finish with 7+ losses. If we win we can finish with 11+ victories.

Time for the coaches to step it up, a lot of this has been on them this season. The defense needs to pick up the damn football as well when it's given to them, our losses are full of dropped picks and missed fumbles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
The Seahawks lead the series 4-2, because they’ve won in Carolina the past two seasons – 12-7 in the opener last season and 16-12 in Week 5 in 2012.

Quote:
Newton has won nine of his past 10 home starts, and has a 98.3 rating with 16 TD passes and three rushing TDs during that span.

Quote:
Benjamin leads all NFL rookies with 477 receiving yards, five TD catches and 12 third-down receptions.

Quote:
The Panthers’ Greg Olsen leads all NFL tight ends in receiving yards (493) and first downs (30), and is tied for the league lead at his position with 41 catches.

Quote:
Panthers’ punter Brad Nortman is second in the NFL with a 48.8-yard average.

Quote:
The Seahawks have been penalized 51 times, including 32 in the past three games – and four of those nullified touchdowns.

Quote:
MLB Bobby Wagner is the Seahawks’ leading tackler (50), but he’ll miss his second consecutive game because of a toe injury. LB K.J. Wright, who has moved inside to replace Wagner, and SS Kam Chancellor each have 44 tackles.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Last edited by imani on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Plush

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much confidence in this game I see

3-4 might end our season.
animaltested

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to Start strong and finish strong. Closest thing to a complete game was the Green Bay game. None of this start strong then coast (Denver, Washington) or start slow, finish strong (Rams).

A COMPLETE GAME PLOX

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
Finchy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can't get a pass rush against the Panthers offensive line, we officially can't against anyone. Cam will probably still destroy us, though.

Luckily their defense has regressed more than ours, so hopefully we can rack up the points.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
If we can't get a pass rush against the Panthers offensive line, we officially can't against anyone. Cam will probably still destroy us, though.

Luckily their defense has regressed more than ours, so hopefully we can rack up the points.

Their run defense has been atrocious. If we cannot get Lynch going in this game, Bevell in this oline need to be shipped out and/or started over.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Wilson on Pace for a very efficient season

3,443 yards, 65.7%, 27 TDs, 5 INTs, 101.9 RAT.

I think we're going to see his pass attempts spike to a career high as the season progresses.

SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Finchy wrote:

Their run defense has been atrocious. If we cannot get Lynch going in this game, Bevell in this oline need to be shipped out and/or started over.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Wilson on Pace for a very efficient season

3,443 yards, 65.7%, 27 TDs, 5 INTs, 101.9 RAT.

I think we're going to see his pass attempts spike to a career high as the season progresses.
Bevell needs to be gone regardless of how the team finishes the season.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see a line of:
McDaniels - Mebane - Williams Bennett/Avril

We need to get Avril and Bennett some rest so they can be fresher as pass rushers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I want to see a line of:

We need to get Avril and Bennett some rest so they can be fresher as pass rushers

Could Williams not play Red Bryant's role from last year, or is McD more suited for that?
imani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio Links for this Sunday's game

imani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Baldwin asserts himself; Richard Sherman on Seahawks: “The team is fine”]

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/10/23/doug-baldwin-asserts-himself-richard-sherman-on-seahawks-the-team-is-fine/

Quote:
Doug Baldwin is becoming more than just the new, undisputed, No. 1 wide receiver with Percy Harvin shoved out to New York.

It’s been noticeable to me in the last couple weeks how assertive Baldwin has been publicly from inside a locker room national reports have been portraying as divided.

It was striking on Sunday in the minutes after the Seahawks lost 28-26 at the Rams.

As players filed in and out of the visitors’ locker room on the ground floor of the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Baldwin folded himself into a white, plastic chair in front of his locker. He calmly and candidly answered every question about the Seahawks’ uneven state of affairs. He flatly answered whether he did indeed have a physical altercation with Harvin in August with a firm “Yes.”

For upwards of 15 minutes, he was the Seahawks’ front man and locker-room spokesman. He looked every bit a team leader.

Was that his intent?

“To be honest with you,’ Baldwin said before Wednesday’s practice for Sunday’s game at Carolina (3-3-1), “I was just tired; didn’t want to move too fast.”

Jokes aside, there is no doubt who has emerged as a forthright leader and locker room thermometer, the public’s window into the Seahawks’ issues and their pulse.

What about morale inside a locker room described in published reports from “sources” as having a rift against Wilson?
“I think we’re good. I think we’re really good,” Baldwin said before practice Wednesday. “We’re positive and upbeat and ready to go to work.”

Asked if the mood of the locker room feels any differently than it was last week following the loss to Dallas, Baldwin said: “Offensively, yeah, I think we are a little more positive because we felt like there was some growth in the offense.

“Marshawn (Lynch), without a couple penalties he would have rushed for 100 yards (actually 91 at St. Louis). Then offensively we threw for over 300 yards. So, I think we are in the right direction, yes.

“The mood is optimistic.”

To Baldwin a lot has changed — and not just his targets going from three against the Cowboys with Harvin around to 11 against the Rams with Harvin gone, as Baldwin moved back into the slot receiver where he’s excelled for years.

When I asked Richard Sherman yesterday if the team was angry or patient realizing it has played only six of 16 regular-season games, he replied: “The team is fine.”

imani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/116020/sackless-in-seattle-but-will-it-change

Quote:
The sacks have been few and far between for the Seattle Seahawks this season, with only seven sacks in the first six games.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll believes it’s going to get better for two men the team is counting on to bring pressure: defensive ends Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett.

Avril has only one sack this season and none in the last five games. Bennett has three sacks, but none in the last four games.

imani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are eight quarterbacks in NFL history who have passed for more than 200 yards and rushed for 100 yards in the same game. Three have done it twice. One is Russell Wilson. The other two are Newton and Michael Vick.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I want to see a line of:

Could Williams not play Red Bryant's role from last year, or is McD more suited for that?
McDaniel is a better fit. He's played the role before with MIA and Williams has always been a 3-tech

ram29jackson wrote:
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/116020/sackless-in-seattle-but-will-it-change

Quote:
The sacks have been few and far between for the Seattle Seahawks this season, with only seven sacks in the first six games.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll believes it’s going to get better for two men the team is counting on to bring pressure: defensive ends Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett.

Avril has only one sack this season and none in the last five games. Bennett has three sacks, but none in the last four games.
Avril isn't have a great year, but Bennett hasn't really been bad. He just has no support. He and Avril have 16 and 17 QB pressures respectively, good for 4th and 6th in the league among 4-3 DE's. Bennett's 9 QB hits trail only Terrell Suggs, Lamarr Houston, and JJ Watt among all players. No player has more than 10 accept Watt who has 22. Which is just insane

ram29jackson wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Hawks need to control the Line of Scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Offense not only needs to keep the run game strong for Time of Possession, but Russ needs time AND lanes to throw through. If he has to run for his life almost every time he drops back then it will sink or swim on Russ' legs. IMO, that kind of offense is not sustainable for anything more than the short term.

Defense needs to get pass rush without having to sacrifice our LB's. We need someone to be available to contain Cam and also to defend the short to intermediate pass game.

I would also like to see more evidence of the offensive schemes improving. Too often the playcalling gets bogged down with calls that put the individual players in a position where they need to make everything happen, instead of letting the schemes do the work.

Most of that blame falls on Darrell Bevell, but I also believe that Tom Cable deserves some of that blame. The regression of the O-line in pass protection has been a huge part of the failures of the offense as a whole and he has to take that blame.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: