Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

There are two reasons ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCap

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: There are two reasons ... Reply with quote

why this team looks like a 10 win team, rather than a 13-14 win team.

1. Darrell Bevell. The man is an incompetent play caller. I'm not sure why he's a hot commodity on the head coaching market. Percy Harvin, one of the greatest weapons in the NFL, is averaging 6 yards per catch on the season. In the Dallas game, he had 6 touches for negative yards! How does the one of the 5 most explosive receivers in the NFL have the worst yards per catch of all qualified players? Bevell got full of himself after abusing the Green Bay defense. The screen and sweep game is being overused and simply has no place in the NFL as a staple of any teams offense. In the two games this season where Marshawn Lynch has looked the best, we've limited his carries to 6 and 10. It is like Seattle wants to save Lynch for the post season as if we have already clinched the division.

2. Our receivers. We are missing Golden Tate severely. Harvin is not even a receiver at this point. Or, a #1 receiver for that matter. Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse and Ricardo Lockette are being asked to carry the receiving core as Harvin is only impacting the game on screens and sweeps. Doug Baldwin is a reliable option, but he's a good #3 receiver. Kearse and Lockette have big play potential, but they're not good enough to be playing every down in the NFL. Apparently, we were ready to draft Paul Richardson in the 1st round in a stacked receiver class. Richardson has no impact on this team. Having receivers that can't get open by themselves and a below average offensive line is a recipe for disaster. I do enjoy how Baldwin and Kearse are able to make tough catches, but their inability to get open cripples Wilson in the pocket.

Either way -- we're still probably a 10-11 win team. I am just a lot less confident in this years team.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just coming here to post these 2 things in the GDT, because it's what I've noticed all year long. The WR's cannot get open against man coverage. There's literally not one guy outside of occasionally Doug Baldwin who can get separation, and it showed blatantly today and Dallas simply played press man all game and nobody could do anything, or make any kind of contested catch.

Bevell on the other hand simply can't scheme guys open unless it's screen plays and motion plays within 2 yards of the LoS. It's pathetic to watch.

Anyways, that's just my observations as a casual observer since I get to see almost every Seattle game.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are our Rookies?

Paul Richardson
Kevin Norwood

last years:
Tharold Simon
Christine Michael

I think that is why we are hitting a wall in why our team stopped progressing.

WINTER IS COMING
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah IDK how the rookie WR's have been progressing because I don't follow the Hawks close enough, but any time Brian Walters is your #3 or so WR, you're not a good WR core.

imani

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one have been pretty annoyed with Michael inactive every week. Carroll spent all off-season hyping this kid up.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I for one have been pretty annoyed with Michael inactive every week. Carroll spent all off-season hyping this kid up.

Wasn't he injured?

JCap

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that we have to take a receiver in the first next season but we've spent our last two first picks on Percy Harvin and Paul Richardson.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a thread on sportshoopla prior to the Dallas game asking where the heck Richardson has been. I completely forgot about Norwood.

I don't understand what it is with Seattle's current regime and rookie WRs but even Tate we benched a ton for the longest time and he's killing it this year with Detroit.

Eh whatever.

Harvin is getting completely mis-used this year. The stupid sweep and his runs need to go for now, how about some playaction or just send him deep and use that speed on some downfield receptions.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
imani wrote:

Wasn't he injured?

If was a hammy, but he's been practicing for a few weeks now and they said they were trying to sneak him into the broncos game. 3 weeks later and there's no reports of setbacks or anything, he's just not playing. We've seemed to abandon consistent running altogether though.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year Seattle got pressure on 33.4% of backdrops (led the league), this year it's at 17.6% (2nd to last).

El ramster on the sig
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me wonder if this coaching staff is falling into the arrogance of past success.

They seem to feel that because they had success in building this team over the past 4 years that it guarantees they will have success in the future no matter what they do.

I generally feel like Pete Carroll wouldn't fall into that after the amount of success he had over a long period of time at USC, but after watching yesterday's debacle, especially on the offensive side of the ball, the lack of awareness of the other teams game plan, or even presence on the field, for that matter, was appalling.

It seemed to me, after thinking about it some more, that the coaches came out thinking that the Cowboys game plan didn't matter. That the outcome of the game was predetermined and that the coaches (especially Bevell) were free to try whatever schemes or gimmicks they felt like without fear of reprisal.

I'm fully aware that there a whole lot more factors in the teams poor performance yesterday and for large parts of this season. I wasn't impressed with the Washington game even though they won. So I don't want to get to narrow minded with this, but this is one area that needs to be addressed

Another thought may be that Darell Bevell is just trying to show off his offensive repertoire because he knows he's a hot commodity and the rest of the league is watching. If that is the case, Pete needs to put him in his place because he's hurting the team and he's ultimately hurting his own cause because his play calling has been atrocious.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
Last year Seattle got pressure on 33.4% of backdrops (led the league), this year it's at 17.6% (2nd to last).

Where does SF rank? I have to believe right around Seattle, right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have DVR this year. So I've gone back and rewatched the games. The biggest thing I noticed. Every game the other team is more hungry than the hawks are. Last year there was no doubt we wanted it more. The skins played harder than us, we were just more talented than them. Idk if that's the reason, just something I noticed.
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:

and why I've been incessantly screaming for a blitz. Look at what Philly did to Eli Manning.

You can't give up 3rd and 20's. What happened when we blitzed WAgs vs the Skins. An easy sack. What happened when we sat back and gave Cousins all day to throw? 2 deep completions to DJack and 1 for a TD.

What happened when we blitzed at Houston last year? Kam blitzed and we stole a win on a pick 6 by Sherman.

Dallas out played us big time but it was a game we should've stolen with all the issues, just a simple blitz on 3rd and 20.

The coaching staff acts like it's 2013 and it's not. We aren't as fierce with the rush and Quinn has his thumb up his @$$.

I was glad we lost, so it will force change. A win = same ol same ol....

If the coaches continue to be so delusional, we won't make the playoffs.

Bevell stinks and Quinn is Mr. Vanilla. Wtf does he even do? I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make the playoffs. We play like a Pac 10 college team right now.
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Makes me wonder if this coaching staff is falling into the arrogance of past success.

They seem to feel that because they had success in building this team over the past 4 years that it guarantees they will have success in the future no matter what they do.

I generally feel like Pete Carroll wouldn't fall into that after the amount of success he had over a long period of time at USC, but after watching yesterday's debacle, especially on the offensive side of the ball, the lack of awareness of the other teams game plan, or even presence on the field, for that matter, was appalling.

It seemed to me, after thinking about it some more, that the coaches came out thinking that the Cowboys game plan didn't matter. That the outcome of the game was predetermined and that the coaches (especially Bevell) were free to try whatever schemes or gimmicks they felt like without fear of reprisal.

I'm fully aware that there a whole lot more factors in the teams poor performance yesterday and for large parts of this season. I wasn't impressed with the Washington game even though they won. So I don't want to get to narrow minded with this, but this is one area that needs to be addressed

Another thought may be that Darell Bevell is just trying to show off his offensive repertoire because he knows he's a hot commodity and the rest of the league is watching. If that is the case, Pete needs to put him in his place because he's hurting the team and he's ultimately hurting his own cause because his play calling has been atrocious.

Bevell doesn't surprise me because he's always sucked and cost us big games. Remember the 1st half at Atlanta in the 2012 Divisionals? I do and it was disgusting 4th and 1 fullback dives, et. No points?

Now we dont' stretch the field with Harvin. Why pay him $12mm? To catch bubble screens and run jet sweeps?

I'm more disappointed in the pass defense. Frankly, it's below avg. Even Earl Thomas hasn't looked that great. We play a standard 4 man rush, allowing guys like Romo to have ALL DAY to find guys like Whitten for Td's.

That is who we are. Legion of Boom is sad because we don't pressure the QB's and the Zone is getting toasted. Not to mention having guys from the practice squad out there and we expect them to cover for 10 seconds?

Bevell has always sucked but the D bailed us out. When the D can't bail, Bevell looks like he's always been = Pathetic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: