Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Russell Wilson Progression
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Russell Wilson Progression Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Just to pre-face, I'm not trying to start another Luck-Wilson debate. There's far too many bogging down the NFL General already.

I'm just curious for an honest viewpoint from fans who have seen most of Russell Wilson's games. How has he progressed as a passer and Quarterback?

His overall stats are pretty flat (as in they haven't gone up or down comparatively) through his first 2.5 years or so, but obviously that's not the entire story. I know Golden Tate is gone, but are there other factors? Are his stats indicative of his play?
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Progression Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
Hey guys,

Just to pre-face, I'm not trying to start another Luck-Wilson debate. There's far too many bogging down the NFL General already.

I'm just curious for an honest viewpoint from fans who have seen most of Russell Wilson's games. How has he progressed as a passer and Quarterback?

His overall stats are pretty flat (as in they haven't gone up or down comparatively) through his first 2.5 years or so, but obviously that's not the entire story. I know Golden Tate is gone, but are there other factors? Are his stats indicative of his play?

Did you see the SB?
Did you see opening TNF vs Green Bay?
National game vs Denver?
MNF vs Skins?
National game vs Dallas?

Of the 5 games, 4 have been a national broadcast.

In no other sport than football, is surrounding talent and O-Co play calling so significant in what is perceived of the QB.

Wilson is dynamic, has more than a NFL arm and it's easily as strong as Luck, who really doesn't have a cannon and never did. The Seahawk receivers are getting very little separation and are running very weak routes. OL isn't playing well.

Wilson makes EVERY throw on the route tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=escoNbyKmyc

Those sound like excuses but aren't. Not many QB's in the NFL have less passing weapons than Seattle. That includes the TE position, too.

Aaron Rodgers could succeed with this team, maybe Luck but statue QB's would be burnt toast.

There's been way too many Russell Wilson contests displayed nationally for you to have missed. If you seriously have missed those national contests then you really aren't that big of a football fan and am surprised you're on a message board, especially over here.

Wilson will be back on Thanksgiving Night in San Fran. Check out the contest and leave your feedback.
Colton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Progression Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Colton wrote:
Hey guys,

Did you see the SB?
Did you see opening TNF vs Green Bay?
National game vs Denver?
MNF vs Skins?
National game vs Dallas?

Of the 5 games, 4 have been a national broadcast.

In no other sport than football, is surrounding talent and O-Co play calling so significant in what is perceived of the QB.

Wilson is dynamic, has more than a NFL arm and it's easily as strong as Luck, who really doesn't have a cannon and never did. The Seahawk receivers are getting very little separation and are running very weak routes. OL isn't playing well.

Wilson makes EVERY throw on the route tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=escoNbyKmyc

Those sound like excuses but aren't. Not many QB's in the NFL have less passing weapons than Seattle. That includes the TE position, too.

Aaron Rodgers could succeed with this team, maybe Luck but statue QB's would be burnt toast.

There's been way too many Russell Wilson contests displayed nationally for you to have missed. If you seriously have missed those national contests then you really aren't that big of a football fan and am surprised you're on a message board, especially over here.

Wilson will be back on Thanksgiving Night in San Fran. Check out the contest and leave your feedback.

Solid response there. Just solid....(I watched all of those games, Btw)

And 4 games make for a good sample size? Confused Sorry I don't base my opinions on a handful of nationally broadcasted games like most fans.

Also, you really didn't answer my question at all. Just curious as to how Seahawks fans feel he's progressed since his rookie year. My gut tells me he has based off the games I've seen, but his stats aren't indicative of that.
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured you hadn't seen him play if you had to ask that question, guy.

We start a rookie QB in year 1. He throws for 385 yds in a divisional playoff loss that our D gave up 30 pts to Atlanta because we didn't have Clemons.

In year 2, he's the starting QB that leads the O to the SuperBowl and is a champion, could've been MVP.

In the NFCCG of the 2013 season, He had 2 major splash plays, in escaping the rush a few times and delivering a 50 yd strike to Baldwin just as he got waxed and the 4th qtr TD throw after drawing SF off side and hitting Kearse for the eventual game winner.

After a few overthrows in the SB, Wilson was flawless and exhibited a majority of the route tree throws if you checked out the youtube on his way to a 200+ yd, 2 td, 0 interception game.

This years' 5 games and 4 national is all you have to evaluate the progression question you asked, so don't know how it's a small sample. It's the ONLY 2014 sample to again, answer your question.

Against Denver, Wilson willed (pun attended) the Hawks to victory with the OT dagger. In the MNF game against the Skins he was only a handful of QB's that have thrown for 200+ yds and rushed for 100+ yds on MNF and had the most QB rushing yds in MNF history.

If you've watched said games, you'd know he's developed and progressed as much as the guy can. If he gets WR and TE weapons like other QB's, you will see another jump. Carolina may be the only team with less WR/TE talent in the NFC, especially how Harvin is used. Is he even a WR?

Don't look at the stats. Let your eyes tell you and to answer your question one more time, yes, he's progressed just fine and thought it was an obvious answer to your question.

Rolling Eyes Laughing
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no need for you to get defensive here, it was an honest question.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After last week it was hard to watch him play. He took way too many shots against the Redskins and he didn't look 100% against the Cowboys. Did he even get sacked on Sunday? He seemed to have a great pocket all game but just couldn't connect. And when he did they were bubbles that got blown up.

If Bevell would open the playbook on passing plays instead of running the same five all game then Russell would have much more success.

He can't really do much more than what the plays are called because he isn't allowed to change the play at the line. I wish they'd let him off the leash.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman, there is no reason to attack a member ask an honest question. That's not how to we talk to each other on this board.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
After last week it was hard to watch him play. He took way too many shots against the Redskins and he didn't look 100% against the Cowboys. Did he even get sacked on Sunday? He seemed to have a great pocket all game but just couldn't connect. And when he did they were bubbles that got blown up.

If Bevell would open the playbook on passing plays instead of running the same five all game then Russell would have much more success.

He can't really do much more than what the plays are called because he isn't allowed to change the play at the line. I wish they'd let him off the leash.

He does have two options at the line though, no? At least that's what Kap has.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

He does have two options at the line though, no? At least that's what Kap has.
Eh. I don't know. If he does then he never changes the play.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I think Kap too often changes it to the wrong play in that scenario Laughing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Progression Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:

I haven't watched any fully(saw some small parts of the Green Bay and Denver games)...guess that makes me not a big football fan. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Progression Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:

I haven't watched any fully(saw some small parts of the Green Bay and Denver games)...guess that makes me not a big football fan. Laughing
jrry... Shame on you

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman, there is no reason to attack a member ask an honest question. That's not how to we talk to each other on this board.

Well, my bad, but it was being sarcastic, not attacking. Why was it an honest question? If he watched all the games and then asks the fans of said team about their QB, what does he expect the responses to be? lol

He only asked the question because of how Wilson played against Dallas....

Would Colton have asked the question after the Redskin game? Of course not.
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Progression Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:

At least you admit it. That's admirable.
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Progression Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:

jrry... Shame on you

It's just sarcasm from 32. I guess I'll have to eliminate some of it as I didn't realize it was frowned upon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: