Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks to trade 1st, Unger for Jimmy Graham, 4th
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Seahawks to trade 1st, Unger for Jimmy Graham, 4th Reply with quote

Quote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 58s59 seconds ago
The Saints and Seahawks are trying to finalize trade Jimmy Graham and a 4th rounder for Max Unger and Seattle first rounder
Well I guess that's one way to give Russell a weapon. Laughing

Last edited by titans0021 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 1m1 minute ago
Saints and Seattle have now agreed on trade sending jimmy graham and a 4 to Seattle for max Unger and a 1st
Sounds official.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate you guys Laughing

- mike23md on the sig!
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
I hate you guys Laughing

At least you don't have to play them twice a year, my god

#JDI
Finchy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, take a 30 minute break before free agency and this happens Laughing

Kind of meh on it at the moment, Max was our best ol when healthy, but we needed a redzone weapon.

Must not have liked our chances of getting one of the better receivers in this draft.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate that we had to give Unger up in the trade. Wish it was for the 1st and call it good. BTW his cap hit this year is 2.9M after the saints pick up the rest. We still have plenty of room to go get some more players. FA has just begun.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't like this for Seattle. Giving up a crucial piece on an already terrible OL + a 1st round pick for a guy who isn't a good blocker in a scheme that rarely utitlizes TE's as it is just makes no sense.

But maybe Bevell will change his passing concepts to more utilize a TE? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Or perhaps they're still going to use Willson as a blocker and just use 2 WR sets and split Graham out wide? Idk.
#1 Tom Wilhemsen fan
El ramster wrote:
russell is
BY FAR the best young
QB in the nfl.
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now go steal Andre Johnson away from Indy and we're all happy.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centers are easy to find. Im not sure why anyone wouldnt like this if he really is only making 2.9 million this year.

Wilson throws that high lob pass that drops in perfectly, such a pretty deep ball. Graham will be deadly on those passes.

DAMN YOU GUYS Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

Jed York's bald spot is bigger than Frank Gore's wallet and Jerome Simpsons Rap sheet
Lunch Pail

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing your backup center played well while Unger was injured? Makes sense to move a higher priced player if you've got a cheaper replacement. Good move for u guys. I hate it Evil or Very Mad
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the frick. Unger and our 1st? Rip off.

God that makes me mad. MAYBE a 2nd. Not happy with this trade.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:

Unger played 6 games last year. They'll live without him. Getting RW a true red zone threat is a MONSTER addition. He's never had a passing weapon even close to Graham.

We actually create cap space with this deal so we should be able sign some guys still and could replace Unger that way.
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great trade. Graham is an elite receiver. On par with the #1 WRs in the league. And with a run heavy offense, TEs off playaction, etc., will become a huge part of the offense. Like Bevell and Wilson who are from Wisconsin, see what the Badgers offense does with below average TEs. Imagine that offense with a Jimmy Graham type target. Now place that offense with yours.

Unger is not an elite lineman simply because hes a C. The best C in the league doesnt approach the importance of the other 4 positions, the skillset needed for those spots, etc. Obviously, Unger is unique, but Graham is an elite target, Unger isnt an elite lineman by nature of his position and the fact that Cs are replaceable.

Packers for example, have replaced 2 great PFF centers in the past few years, Scott Wells for us, then Evan Dietrich Smith. Now were onto Corey Linsley. O-line hasnt missed a beat. Cs just arent that important.

Now, if you think the combination of losing two lineman in Carpenter and Unger is the issue, Id see it. But in terms of the player swap, Graham is going to have much of an impact above a replacement level player than Unger will. Hence the addition of the 1st Round Pick though, which makes it a more equal trade.
saintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:
Great trade. Graham is an elite receiver. On par with the #1 WRs in the league. And with a run heavy offense, TEs off playaction, etc., will become a huge part of the offense. Like Bevell and Wilson who are from Wisconsin, see what the Badgers offense does with below average TEs. Imagine that offense with a Jimmy Graham type target. Now place that offense with yours.

Unger is not an elite lineman simply because hes a C. The best C in the league doesnt approach the importance of the other 4 positions, the skillset needed for those spots, etc. Obviously, Unger is unique, but Graham is an elite target, Unger isnt an elite lineman by nature of his position and the fact that Cs are replaceable.

Packers for example, have replaced 2 great PFF centers in the past few years, Scott Wells for us, then Evan Dietrich Smith. Now were onto Corey Linsley. O-line hasnt missed a beat. Cs just arent that important.

Now, if you think the combination of losing two lineman in Carpenter and Unger is the issue, Id see it. But in terms of the player swap, Graham is going to have much of an impact above a replacement level player than Unger will. Hence the addition of the 1st Round Pick though, which makes it a more equal trade.
While this is true for most football teams, its different for the Saints, which is why I think they were so happy with this trade. Because of Brees' height (or lack thereof) and ability to step in the pocket, he's always played his best when he has strong interior linemen. Its why we've always given big money to Guards and Centers. Unger will be big for Brees as well as Ingram. I think this trade was great for both sides

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 63 cat 931 yds (14.8 avg) 3 TDs
LB David Hawthorne 83 tak 3 sacks 3 PD 1 INT
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

Unger played 6 games last year. They'll live without him. Getting RW a true red zone threat is a MONSTER addition. He's never had a passing weapon even close to Graham.

We actually create cap space with this deal so we should be able sign some guys still and could replace Unger that way.
I'm not a fan of Graham. He's soft and I don't think he fits in with this team. Our offense was noticably better when Unger played last year. I don't know the numbers but they were up in yards and points. We now have a leaderless oline and a soft TE with drop issues. Hooray.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: