Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zach Miller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Zach Miller Reply with quote

Always was a fan of his during his Oakland days and thought back then he was super underrated. Wondering what's with the lack of production. Is he just not a fit? Is he not utilized right? Does he stay in a lot to block? Just curious what happened to him and his production since he came to Seattle and what you guys think of him going forward...

Kempes on the custom sig!
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he's been called upon to run routes, he's been great - and he's shown that he's got the hands to be the receiving threat we were going after when we signed him. Our Offensive Line has been a joke since he's been here, however, and he's been primarily blocking... which he's also done incredibly well.

Going forward, unless we look to sign or draft a blocking TE or our OLine manages to gel and start functioning, he may be looking at a situation where he's asked to take a pay cut as a blocking TE really can't support his current contract.

Personally, I want to see more of him in the passing game, but we just haven't figured out another solution to replace his blocking ability.

TommyC376 on the Sig
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we can get some OL help this offseason that will actually stick and not get hurt with a new booboo every single game. Imagine if we can get Miller utilized as Carlson was in his early days. Sure would be nice for Russell's development to get another nice and big target along with Rice to pair with Tate/Baldwin.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the early input. I haven't been able to see many Seattle games this year so was curious. He's had some solid stat lines this year but nothing that jumps off the page.

Kempes on the custom sig!
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been a terrific safety valve for Wilson this season, this being his best year so far with the team. I think his lack of production is mostly because he's used primarily as a blocker (he's even been used at FB) and Anthony McCoy is usually sent out there when we're looking for a big play from a TE.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
He's been a terrific safety valve for Wilson this season, this being his best year so far with the team. I think his lack of production is mostly because he's used primarily as a blocker (he's even been used at FB) and Anthony McCoy is usually sent out there when we're looking for a big play from a TE.

This is too funny. I literally just came to your forum to post a second thread (I made another early on last season) asking how Zach was doing. Looks like Ketchup beat me.

I will ask, though: is there are particular reason why he isn't counted on as the primary receiving TE? He was quite productive in Oakland, and made one of the single best catches I've seen this year (I know one play doesn't mean hardly anything, but it showed that he's still bubbling with ability). Anyways, glad to hear he's continuing to block well and catching the balls he needs to.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

This is too funny. I literally just came to your forum to post a second thread (I made another early on last season) asking how Zach was doing. Looks like Ketchup beat me.

I will ask, though: is there are particular reason why he isn't counted on as the primary receiving TE? He was quite productive in Oakland, and made one of the single best catches I've seen this year (I know one play doesn't mean hardly anything, but it showed that he's still bubbling with ability). Anyways, glad to hear he's continuing to block well and catching the balls he needs to.

He's limited athletically and Pete is a coach that loves to put athletic mismatches on the field (just look at our CBs). I think that's probably the biggest reason why we don't see him utilized more as a receiver. He's a lot like Brandon Pettigrew in that he could certainly be a team's #1 option as an intermediate player, but he'll never be Vernon Davis or Jared Cook and really take the top off the defense.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He's limited athletically and Pete is a coach that loves to put athletic mismatches on the field (just look at our CBs). I think that's probably the biggest reason why we don't see him utilized more as a receiver. He's a lot like Brandon Pettigrew in that he could certainly be a team's #1 option as an intermediate player, but he'll never be Vernon Davis or Jared Cook and really take the top off the defense.

Ok, thanks. I'm glad that he seems very well-respected in the locker room and by Carroll:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/12/13/2401022/tight-end-zach-miller-the-offensive.html

Best of luck on Sunday Night, btw. Really looking forward to it.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be more happy this offseason if he was dealt for a 3rd round pick (or higher 4th) and we started Anthony McCoy. Just my 2 cents.

First off, he was the only weapon in Oakland. There was nothing else there... and that O-line at the time for Oakland wasn't terrible. Seattle does have Sidney Rice now that he's healthy, Anthony McCoy who imo is far more athletic than Miller and has become a good blocker... heck he was a late 2nd/early 3rd until he had a marijuana bust (YAWN, it's legal now in WA anyway). And then you have Lynch, Tate, Baldwin, Turbin, etc. There's just not a lot of room left for the guy imo.

He's an okay receiver and a consistent route runner but he's not going to cause guys to miss, not going to shred anyone with blazing speed, and not take over a game like a Hernandez, Gronk, Gates (prime), Gonzalez, Witten, etc. Not even close. IMO wasted money for what he's called to do... block and make sporadic wide open catches.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
I wouldn't be more happy this offseason if he was dealt for a 3rd round pick (or higher 4th) and we started Anthony McCoy. Just my 2 cents.

First off, he was the only weapon in Oakland. There was nothing else there... and that O-line at the time for Oakland wasn't terrible. Seattle does have Sidney Rice now that he's healthy, Anthony McCoy who imo is far more athletic than Miller and has become a good blocker... heck he was a late 2nd/early 3rd until he had a marijuana bust (YAWN, it's legal now in WA anyway). And then you have Lynch, Tate, Baldwin, Turbin, etc. There's just not a lot of room left for the guy imo.

He's an okay receiver and a consistent route runner but he's not going to cause guys to miss, not going to shred anyone with blazing speed, and not take over a game like a Hernandez, Gronk, Gates (prime), Gonzalez, Witten, etc. Not even close. IMO wasted money for what he's called to do... block and make sporadic wide open catches.
McCoy can't do what miller does. Miller has much better hands. If McCoy didn't drop that pass and went right to the corner against the rams in the final minute we'd most likely be 10-4 right now with the division title easily in our reach Sunday. The only time McCoy makes plays is when he's wide open. (Cardinal game)

You can't act like Miller is easily replaceable when he's arguably been the most consistent player on offense besides Lynch. So he doesn't have big numbers. We don't even need to pass much. When we do he is open almost all the time. LB's have fits trying to cover him.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a nasty TD catch against the Lions. I'm glad he's more integrated into our offense unlike last year.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: