Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Houston Rockets Thread (30-26 at Nets)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29357
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Official Houston Rockets Thread (30-26 at Nets) Reply with quote




_________________


Last edited by Texansfan713 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:20 am; edited 63 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 25618
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the roster stays as is (highly unlikely), where do you guys expect to finish?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29357
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
If the roster stays as is (highly unlikely), where do you guys expect to finish?


Assuming we get Asik (or even if we don't), I expect us to be one of the bottom teams in the West IMO. Hope that makes us picking in the top 5 of the draft next year. We will be a 30 win team at best, but it will be exciting seeing this team develop since we will be so young. K-Mart is our oldest player at 29.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21062
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
If the roster stays as is (highly unlikely), where do you guys expect to finish?


Assuming we get Asik (or even if we don't), I expect us to be one of the bottom teams in the West IMO. Hope that makes us picking in the top 5 of the draft next year. We will be a 30 win team at best, but it will be exciting seeing this team develop since we will be so young. K-Mart is our youngest player at 29.

Kevin Martin has the talent to win you a few games and the Rockets most likely wont re sign him, hopefully you guys move him at the deadline to a contender for some picks.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29357
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
If the roster stays as is (highly unlikely), where do you guys expect to finish?


Assuming we get Asik (or even if we don't), I expect us to be one of the bottom teams in the West IMO. Hope that makes us picking in the top 5 of the draft next year. We will be a 30 win team at best, but it will be exciting seeing this team develop since we will be so young. K-Mart is our youngest player at 29.

Kevin Martin has the talent to win you a few games and the Rockets most likely wont re sign him, hopefully you guys move him at the deadline to a contender for some picks.


I'm actually hoping we move him before the season starts. He didn't end the season on a good note. (McHale didn't play him towards the end of the season when he was healthy), and who knows if he is in McHale's doghouse. Hopefully Lamb does what Parsons did last season, and take advantage of an opportunity and end up starting for us most of the season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 25618
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
If the roster stays as is (highly unlikely), where do you guys expect to finish?


Assuming we get Asik (or even if we don't), I expect us to be one of the bottom teams in the West IMO. Hope that makes us picking in the top 5 of the draft next year. We will be a 30 win team at best, but it will be exciting seeing this team develop since we will be so young. K-Mart is our oldest player at 29.


I expect KMart to be moved too. His expiring contract will be appealing to a lot of teams out there.

I'd look into a trade for Monta Ellis or Iggy with that expiring contract. Of course Dwight is always going to be an option, but I don't think that's such a good idea.

Other players on his team might be better options tho, especially if you can net both Glen Davis and JRich in the same deal for KMart. That way you can have Glen possibly starting at center, but at the very least getting minutes there. You would also have a reliable backup 2 guard that can space the floor and hit the 3.

I don't think Houston wants those long-term deals though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8785
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Kmart is going to the wolves for a 1st round pick. They have struck out in finding a 2 guard and he would fit great with tge players they have
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8785
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the 2nd round pick we got from Charolette is for next season, its almost like having an extra 1st and will surely be in the top 5...we could potentially have what 4 or 5 picks in the top35?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29357
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
If the 2nd round pick we got from Charolette is for next season, its almost like having an extra 1st and will surely be in the top 5...we could potentially have what 4 or 5 picks in the top35?


Yep. It's next year's pick.

We would be stacked with picks next year if everything works out.

Raptors 1st
Mavs 1st
our first
Grizzlies first
2nd rounder from Bobcats
our 2nd rounder (I think)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
B_wolf84


Joined: 17 Apr 2008
Posts: 1437
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Chandler Parsons gonna start for you guys this year? I am glad to see him doing good in the NBA.
_________________
FB: b.wolf84, PSN: b-wolf84
Its good to be a Florida Gator!!!
Go Pack Go!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29357
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B_wolf84 wrote:
Is Chandler Parsons gonna start for you guys this year? I am glad to see him doing good in the NBA.


Yep. He was our starter last season, and he hasn't done anything yet to lose his job. He had a pretty solid rookie campaign. He still needs to improve his free throw shooting though. He made Chuck Hayes look respectable shooting free throws. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
B_wolf84 wrote:
Is Chandler Parsons gonna start for you guys this year? I am glad to see him doing good in the NBA.


Yep. He was our starter last season, and he hasn't done anything yet to lose his job. He had a pretty solid rookie campaign. He still needs to improve his free throw shooting though. He made Chuck Hayes look respectable shooting free throws. Laughing


Parsons is quite the enigma. How somebody can shoot the 3 well but brick free throws is beyond me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29357
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
B_wolf84 wrote:
Is Chandler Parsons gonna start for you guys this year? I am glad to see him doing good in the NBA.


Yep. He was our starter last season, and he hasn't done anything yet to lose his job. He had a pretty solid rookie campaign. He still needs to improve his free throw shooting though. He made Chuck Hayes look respectable shooting free throws. Laughing


Parsons is quite the enigma. How somebody can shoot the 3 well but brick free throws is beyond me.


Laughing Me neither. Still think he needs to work on his form too. His release looks kind of awkward when you see him shoot. Hopefully he has worked on it during the offseason and will work on it during training camp and pre season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4485
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
If the 2nd round pick we got from Charolette is for next season, its almost like having an extra 1st and will surely be in the top 5...we could potentially have what 4 or 5 picks in the top35?


Yep. It's next year's pick.

We would be stacked with picks next year if everything works out.

Raptors 1st
Mavs 1st
our first
Grizzlies first
2nd rounder from Bobcats
our 2nd rounder (I think)


And the Knicks 2nd rounder, what is the Memphis stipulations?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8785
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did we get a first from Memphis?

If we make the playoffs do we give up our first to new Jersey?


We are so stacked with young talent and picks, I think we will be able to rebuild pretty quickly. And who knows may Jermey Lin becomes the star we have been searching for!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group