Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Houston Rockets Thread (30-26 at Nets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asik can really rebound the ball!

I'm glad K-mart is playing this well hopefully he keeps it up and we turn him into a decent haul in a trade.

That alley from Machado to Johnson was sweet.

I know the Hornets didnt play their usual's but we're a young team and winning will give them some confidence.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sold so far in the pre season on trading K-Mart

he has been solid and i think he has a shot at averaging upper 20s in PPG, and that is never a bad thing

we arent playing D this year anyways so maybe we can outscore some teams
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Royce White gets to play today vs the Spurs. Want to see his preseason debut in person.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Hope Royce White gets to play today vs the Spurs. Want to see his preseason debut in person.

Ugh stupid CSN I want to watch these games! So he didn't play?

Saw in the box score that Machado dropped 11 dimes in 23 min, that's awesome. I really hope he makes the team.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Ugh stupid CSN I want to watch these games! So he didn't play?

Saw in the box score that Machado dropped 11 dimes in 23 min, that's awesome. I really hope he makes the team.

Nah he didn't play. I got the game around the 2nd quarter.
Yeah Machado was excellent today. He actually was pretty good scoring too. Lin was horrible. 1-10 from the field with 1 assist.

Our interior defense when Asik isn't on the floor is HORRIBLE. We are going to get killed by teams with big power forwards and centers like the Lakers. We need to improve our rebounding in that area.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man we got a 5 min segment on sportscenter just now, I guess Lin still has some shine.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im convinced we will be a playoff team this season, lets not forget we were close last season and we lost some guys but i think we got more athletic in the front court with Asik and Patterson starting, we added 3 rookies and we brought in Jermey Lin who should be able to replace the PG production
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we are going to be horrible especially if McHale decides to play the young guys (and he should). Alot of teams in the West are much improved and we lost 3 of our best players in the offseason. I want a top 5 pick!

BTW, Tonight is Royce White's Rockets debut against the Mavs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple of thoughts:

1. Asik looks like he might be worth the money. he has been providing good D, his rebounding is going to be in the double digits once he starts playing starters minutes and i think he might be a double double machine! if Asik is a 10/10/2 guy then we are in very good shape moving forward

2. Lin is clearly not the Lin we saw in New York. i dont know if its the knee or what but he doesnt have the same explosion, BUT he looks like he knows that and has really focused on some other areas. Last night he put up 12 assists, 5 rebounds and 4 steals? those are great numbers! he only scored 7 points and didnt shoot the ball that well, but he only had 2 turnovers and really that has always been his weak link, if he averaged last nights numbers he would easily be a top 5 PG int he league (i dont expect that but still a good sign)

3. Patterson is without a doubt the most complete PF on our roster loaded with them. I expect him to average double digits this season in PTs

4. Kevin Martin is on his game. He looks like the guy we all got excited about trading for. With our roster full of young players Martin could easily be a top 5 scorer this season.

5. I think we have seen kind of how the bench rotation will work out: Montie and Jones will serve as our main bigs off the bench and Douglas and Delfiino will be our guards coming off the bench.

6. Lamb is a guy we all think can be special in this league, but i think he is the guy who is 10th in the rotation at this point. he might see 10 minutes a game unless someone gets hurt or he really steps it up

7. Our D is going to suffer a lot when Montie comes in for Asik, but we are also going to be able to spread out on O, so we will see where this leads

8. We are going to be a bad overall free throw shooting team. Kevin Martin will shoot great and improve our average but we most of our bigs cant shoot free throws over 70%

9. Terrance Jones is showing us something! I think this guy can be special. I said Patterson is the most complete PF on this team well i think Jones has the highest potential. He could turn into a josh smith 15/8 kinda guy for us in the future

10. We all know this season SHOULD be painful to watch, but i stand by my prediction that we make the playoffs. Either way consider the age of our highest paid players:
Martin: 29
Lin - 24
Asik - 26

then look at the rest of our Role players, all of who make 3 million or less per season:
Delfino - 30
Douglas - 26
Jones - 20
Lamb - 20
Montie - 22
Parsons - 23
Patterson - 23

The only thing missing from our Roster is an all star, and i think that we might have 2-3 guys on our roster who could grow into that type of player that we have been searching for. Depending on how this season goes, im not sure i would do much in free agentcy unless we can land a James Harden type player....and on that note if we dont offer him the max we are crazy
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I agree about Asik. He is going to be a good player for us. Obviously the offense isn't there yet, but he comes as advertised on defense.

2. I am not going to judge Lin just yet because like you said, he is coming off his knee injury and he looks slower compared to last season. Right now it looks like he is trying to develop a chemistry with his teammates rather than trying to score the ball. I do admit, he was horrible last night scoring the ball.

3. I still consider Patterson as a backup in the league, and the only reason why he is starting is because T. Jones/Royce White are rookies. I expect Jones to be the starting PF a couple of games into the season similar to Parsons last season when he won the job from Budinger. Jones continues to impress me. BTW, I still dont know what Patterson was thinking trying to shoot threes. He actually made one, but I hope he doesnt develop a habit doing that.

4. K-Mart is going to draw up his trade value if he keeps playing like this. I still think he will be gone by the deadline and at the very latest via free agency. Hopefully we can get something good for him in his contract year.

5. I am worried about our frontcourt defense once Asik is out. Not a fan of D-Mo being the backup center. Like I said we are going to get killed by teams with huge bigs that can rebound.

6. It looks like Marcus Morris will be in the doghouse again this season. He didnt even get in the game IN PRESEASON. I actually thought he was gonna be the backup SF to Parsons and finally get his chance.

7. I still have high hopes for Lamb and he will eventually get his PT during the season, but right now it looks like the only rookie that will get PT is Jones (D-MO if you include him as a rookie).

8. I agree with your rotation it will look like this:

PG- Lin/Douglas
SG- K-Mart/Delfino
SF- Parsons/Delfino
PF- Patterson/Jones
C Asik/D-mo

8 man rotation

I still think Machado will make the team as a 3rd PG. Lamb and White will be on the team so thats 11 players, and Marcus Morris will probably make the team, so thats 12 players.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can keep 15 cant we? isnt there like 3 inactive players or is that IR?
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance jones is really having a good preseason, 12 points 6 rebounds a game while playing 25 minutes a game, he could be a 14-7 guy with starters minutes every night

did we really get him for Chase Budinger?
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Terrance jones is really having a good preseason, 12 points 6 rebounds a game while playing 25 minutes a game, he could be a 14-7 guy with starters minutes every night

did we really get him for Chase Budinger?

Yep. Bud was going to be an UFA and there was no way we were going to afford him. Terrence has a much higher upside than Chase anyway.

One more game left and still no cuts.

Guys who I think we will keep:

Lin
Douglas
Martin
Lamb
T. Jones
Delfino
Royce White
Marcus Morris
Patterson
D-Mo
Asik
Parsons

That' 12 right there

Forbes, Livingston, and Machado could still make the team too. Also, Greg Smith could make it, but I doubt it. I wonder if there is going to be a trade

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Lin shoot the ball better!

Asik might lead the league in rebounding this season
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAMES HARDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 8 of 99

Jump to: