You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Houston Rockets Thread (30-26 at Nets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read somewhere this morning that we play on starting Parsons at the 4 for the near future, while i dont hate this idea, i do hate the idea of not having a bench at all....Beverly-Anderson-TRob-Smith = worst bench among playoff teams

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just read that we also gave the kings a million dollars, wow we paid them to screw us over

CAS22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin | Beverly
Harden | Anderson
Parsons | Delfino
Robinson | Motiejunas | Jones
Asik | Smith

Love this team right now and I would love to watch them grow together. Wait until the summer to go after Howard.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Im on my phone so I wont respond to the talk throughout the night til I get on my computer.

WoJo just tweeted we're still in the J-Smooth discussion. Bue supposedly ATL wants Asik and Parsons which we arnt budging on.

As much as I want josh smith, we can trade Asik to get him

Ya but they want both!

I wouldn't give both either. I don't want Asik gone without getting an actual Center back either. We're not far enough removed from Chuck Wagon starting.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan F. is reporting we're trying to upgrade the backup PG. I noticed Maynor didn't play last night for OKC, I would LOVE him also DJ Augusten name has been thrown out there.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Jonathan F. is reporting we're trying to upgrade the backup PG. I noticed Maynor didn't play last night for OKC, I would LOVE him also DJ Augusten name has been thrown out there.

Thunder trying to sell high for Maynor. They want a 1st rounder and players back. Forget that. Augustin would be a nice backup PG. I wonder if Morey will go back to the Kings and try and get one of their PGs like Brooks, or Jimmer. Jimmer's shooting would be be a nice asset to our bench. Brooks too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Thunder trying to sell high for Maynor. They want a 1st rounder and players back. Forget that. Augustin would be a nice backup PG. I wonder if Morey will go back to the Kings and try and get one of their PGs like Brooks, or Jimmer. Jimmer's shooting would be be a nice asset to our bench. Brooks too.

That would be crazy, double dipping on the Kings, but if he planned on doing that he would of just thrown them into the original trade.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

That would be crazy, double dipping on the Kings, but if he planned on doing that he would of just thrown them into the original trade.

Another name I wouldnt mind getting is Boobie Gibson. He is from here, and he isnt getting any PT with the Cavs. We could use his shooting off the bench. He is a small 2 guard, but he can play the point also a little. Not to mention he is an expiring.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Another name I wouldnt mind getting is Boobie Gibson. He is from here, and he isnt getting any PT with the Cavs. We could use his shooting off the bench. He is a small 2 guard, but he can play the point also a little. Not to mention he is an expiring.

Something like a 2nd, Boobie, and the Miami/LAL 1st for Terrance Jones would make me happy as a Cavs fan

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our small starting line up lit the Thunder up out of the gate from deep. I'd like to see TRob out there asap tho.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was up with this big trade anyways, didnt morey just say yesterday that we werent going to make any major moves?

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
what was up with this big trade anyways, didnt morey just say yesterday that we werent going to make any major moves?

It was a smokescreen. Morey always make trades at the deadline. I guess he couldnt help it. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Things change when you have an opportunity to absolutely steal a top 5 draft pick. And extra cap space and two second round picks to go along with it.

Morey is the best GM in the league, hands down. The rebuild he has accomplished is nothing short of incredible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Things change when you have an opportunity to absolutely steal a top 5 draft pick. And extra cap space and two second round picks to go along with it.

Morey is the best GM in the league, hands down. The rebuild he has accomplished is nothing short of incredible.

Wait. We got 2 2nd round picks in the deal? I thought we only got one from the Suns?

Edit: NVM, we got the 2nd for Morris and the Kings threw in a 2 also. The Phoenix 2nd is going to be an early 2nd anyway.

I hope McHale makes this the rotation. I doubt he will expand the rotation, but I wish it was something similar to this.

Lin/Beverly
Harden/Garcia
Parsons/Delfino
Thomas Robinson/D-Mo
Asik/Smith

We still need a backup PG though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, im iced in at the house so i figured i would find some way to fix this mess that has been created by Morey, so ive found a 3 team trade that should make everyone happy

Rockets get:
Dwight Howard

Lakers get:
Josh Smith
Fran Garcia
Terrance Jones

Hawks get:
Omer Asik
Thomas Robinson
Earl Clark

The Rockets finally get Dwight Howard

The Lakers get to move on from the failed Howard experiment and land a legit PF to pair with Gasol

The Hawks get the young center they want plus 2 young forwards

win win?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to: