Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Houston Rockets Thread (30-26 at Nets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42905
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the deal with asik?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30869
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
What is the deal with asik?


Bulls haven't received the offer sheet yet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30869
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
How did we get a first from Memphis?

If we make the playoffs do we give up our first to new Jersey?


We are so stacked with young talent and picks, I think we will be able to rebuild pretty quickly. And who knows may Jermey Lin becomes the star we have been searching for!


We got the Grizzlies 1st rounder in the Battier/Thabeet trade.
The Knicks 2nd rounders are in 2014 and 2015.

..and if we make the playoffs our 1st rounder goes to the Hawks since the Nets traded it in the Joe Johnson deal.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4899
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offer sheet was signed by Asik last night so the Bulls have until Tuesday night to match.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30869
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
The offer sheet was signed by Asik last night so the Bulls have until Tuesday night to match.

Bulls signed Nazr Muhamad, so I think it's safe to say they won't match Asik. Now we will have to focus on backup center, because I know for a fact we can't possibly go into the season with Harrelson right? Laughing

I wonder mind Turiaf, Chris Andersen or Andray Blatche as backup center options for the right price.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6269
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
The offer sheet was signed by Asik last night so the Bulls have until Tuesday night to match.

Bulls signed Nazr Muhamad, so I think it's safe to say they won't match Asik. Now we will have to focus on backup center, because I know for a fact we can't possibly go into the season with Harrelson right? Laughing

I wonder mind Turiaf, Chris Andersen or Andray Blatche as backup center options for the right price.

Omer Asik will be the backup to Dwight Howard in Houston much like Gortat was in Orlando. Asik will gain more value and the Rockets will get great value for him in a trade down the road. Centers are a hot commodity in the NBA. Morey knows what he is doing.
_________________


的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30869
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
The offer sheet was signed by Asik last night so the Bulls have until Tuesday night to match.

Bulls signed Nazr Muhamad, so I think it's safe to say they won't match Asik. Now we will have to focus on backup center, because I know for a fact we can't possibly go into the season with Harrelson right? Laughing

I wonder mind Turiaf, Chris Andersen or Andray Blatche as backup center options for the right price.

Omer Asik will be the backup to Dwight Howard in Houston much like Gortat was in Orlando. Asik will gain more value and the Rockets will get great value for him in a trade down the road. Centers are a hot commodity in the NBA. Morey knows what he is doing.


Yeah, I was going by the fact in case we don't get Dwight or Bynum.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6269
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
The offer sheet was signed by Asik last night so the Bulls have until Tuesday night to match.

Bulls signed Nazr Muhamad, so I think it's safe to say they won't match Asik. Now we will have to focus on backup center, because I know for a fact we can't possibly go into the season with Harrelson right? Laughing

I wonder mind Turiaf, Chris Andersen or Andray Blatche as backup center options for the right price.

Omer Asik will be the backup to Dwight Howard in Houston much like Gortat was in Orlando. Asik will gain more value and the Rockets will get great value for him in a trade down the road. Centers are a hot commodity in the NBA. Morey knows what he is doing.


Yeah, I was going by the fact in case we don't get Dwight or Bynum.

Houston will get one or the other. You can bet on it.
_________________


的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30869
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
The offer sheet was signed by Asik last night so the Bulls have until Tuesday night to match.

Bulls signed Nazr Muhamad, so I think it's safe to say they won't match Asik. Now we will have to focus on backup center, because I know for a fact we can't possibly go into the season with Harrelson right? Laughing

I wonder mind Turiaf, Chris Andersen or Andray Blatche as backup center options for the right price.

Omer Asik will be the backup to Dwight Howard in Houston much like Gortat was in Orlando. Asik will gain more value and the Rockets will get great value for him in a trade down the road. Centers are a hot commodity in the NBA. Morey knows what he is doing.


Yeah, I was going by the fact in case we don't get Dwight or Bynum.

Houston will get one or the other. You can bet on it.


If we do decide to get one of them, I sure hope it's Bynum. At least he actually wants to come here unlike that crybaby Dwight.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6269
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
The offer sheet was signed by Asik last night so the Bulls have until Tuesday night to match.

Bulls signed Nazr Muhamad, so I think it's safe to say they won't match Asik. Now we will have to focus on backup center, because I know for a fact we can't possibly go into the season with Harrelson right? Laughing

I wonder mind Turiaf, Chris Andersen or Andray Blatche as backup center options for the right price.

Omer Asik will be the backup to Dwight Howard in Houston much like Gortat was in Orlando. Asik will gain more value and the Rockets will get great value for him in a trade down the road. Centers are a hot commodity in the NBA. Morey knows what he is doing.

Yeah, I was going by the fact in case we don't get Dwight or Bynum.

Houston will get one or the other. You can bet on it.


If we do decide to get one of them, I sure hope it's Bynum. At least he actually wants to come here unlike that crybaby Dwight.

I would love D12 in LA and Bynum in HOU, but I feel the Rockets will get D12. We'll see though. Either way HOU faithful have reason to be stoked. Bynum or D12 in HOU this upcoming season? I'd be stoked too
_________________


的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9796
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have the room needed to take on the bad contracts that Orlando wants to dump for us to land Howard

We don't have to have a back up center, if Asik plays 30-32 a game then we can go with 2 of our many PFs do the 16 minutes or so

Playing DMO with Patterson is an option as well as Jones being in the mix

If we really want to go small we can play
Lin Martin Lamb Parsons Patterson
I actually think that would be an explosive lineup but couldn't stop the Bobcats lol
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
58 catches 667 yards 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6269
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
I don't think we have the room needed to take on the bad contracts that Orlando wants to dump for us to land Howard

We don't have to have a back up center, if Asik plays 30-32 a game then we can go with 2 of our many PFs do the 16 minutes or so

Playing DMO with Patterson is an option as well as Jones being in the mix

If we really want to go small we can play
Lin Martin Lamb Parsons Patterson
I actually think that would be an explosive lineup but couldn't stop the Bobcats lol

If you think the Rockets can't land Howard, then Morey will land Bynum. Morey is getting an Elite big man soon. The Rockets really decide which one they get. Bynum, who would easily re-sign w/HOU if shown the loot
or
Howard, who would be a headache to try to convince to stay. Who knows.
Morey DOES
_________________


的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9796
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamb and DMO named to all summer league team
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
58 catches 667 yards 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4899
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's the day we officially get Asik
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Underwood


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 2295
Location: Texans Nation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of us even want Howard anymore? I think I'd rather have Bynum, but to be honest, I think I'd rather not have either at this point.
_________________

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 2 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group