Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Houston Rockets Thread (30-26 at Nets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
We are close to a 1 year deal with Carlos Defino with a player option for year 2. Not sure why we need him in the first place. He plays SG and SF, but we have Martin and Lamb at SG and Parsons, Morris and White at SF. Doesn't make sense.

Depth is always nice, and Delfino plays better defense than both Martin and Lamb. He's got more NBA experience than the other SFs too, so he'd be a vet presence.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
We are close to a 1 year deal with Carlos Defino with a player option for year 2. Not sure why we need him in the first place. He plays SG and SF, but we have Martin and Lamb at SG and Parsons, Morris and White at SF. Doesn't make sense.

Depth is always nice, and Delfino plays better defense than both Martin and Lamb. He's got more NBA experience than the other SFs too, so he'd be a vet presence.

I agree depth is always nice, but let's face it. We are rebuilding this season and most likely be a lottery team once again. I would rather play our young guys than sign a vet to take away their minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Howard trade without us involved?

4 team trade that sources say are very close

Lakers get: Howard, Al Harrington
Magic get: Pau Gasol, Aaron Affalo
Nuggets get: Andre Iguodala
76ers get: Andrew Bynum

plus the magic get multiple first round picks and someone takes a contract or two from the Magic(I'm guessing the 76ers grab richardson and nuggets pick up Turk?)

great trade for everyone actually....Leaves the Lakers a little thin at PF but they did resign Hill and would be getting Howard... Magic bypass full rebuilding mode and roll with Pau, Davis, Affalo and Nelson as the core....Andre Iguodala is a legit star(maybe not at scoring) but would be an upgrade for the Nuggets.....76ers get Bynum which would be huge for them, moves Hawes to first big off the bench and Evan Turner gets a year to see if he can replace Iguodala

im not sure we have the pieces to get in on this deal anywhere unless we replace the nuggets and send Kevin Martin to Magic in place of Affalo (but if they wanted expiring contracts they wouldn't grab Pau

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ric Bucher reported that Gasol won't be in the deal according to Gasol's agent. If the Lakers make this trade without trading Gasol, the trade goes from everybody winning to Lakers winning this trade.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!!!

ESPN saying its done!!!!

Howard - Gasol - World Peace - Bryant - Nash

I'm going to say they can now compete with the Thunder!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
wow!!!

ESPN saying its done!!!!

Howard - Gasol - World Peace - Bryant - Nash

I'm going to say they can now compete with the Thunder!

I feel sorry for Magic fans if they dont get back Howard or Gasol. Terrible terrible return for Dwight.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth were the magic thinking?

I liked this until I saw that they took on Al Harringtons salary

They effectively keep themselves in a cap hole, garunteed that every 1st rounder was out of the lottery and the young players aren't much more than role players

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized how fun [and how bad] our team is going to be this year. I can't wait to watch everyone grow together.

Glad Morey didn't cave into Orlando's demands (regardless of what Morey offered). Their management screwed up big time anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
I just realized how fun [and how bad] our team is going to be this year. I can't wait to watch everyone grow together.

Glad Morey didn't cave into Orlando's demands (regardless of what Morey offered). Their management screwed up big time anyways.

Heck ya. I know the season hasnt started yet, but Im glad we are holding on to our young guys. Just let them grow together and hopefully we get lucky in the lottery. The team will be more entertaining than last year's team. Cant wait to see them in person.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not crazy to think that we can compete for a playoff spot this season in the west, if you look at it there are 5 teams that are locks:

Thunder
Lakers
Clippers
Grizzles
Nuggets

The you have 2 teams that it seems unthinkable would miss the playoffs but are getting older and are destined to drop off

Spurs
Mavericks

then you have a ton of teams that are playing for that final spot that have good young talent

T-Wolves
Jazz
Blazers
Warriors

those 4 teams don't really scream out unbeatable, so i think we are gonna be in the race at least for a while....with Lin and Martin we have 40-50 points a game and hopefully Asik brings the D that left with Dalembert and Camby

the more i think about it, the more i wonder if we lost anything at all this offseason

our depth at PG took a hit for sure, but Lowry was never happy being the back up and Lin will make up for or be better than Dragic, having a happy starting Martin is offensively an upgrade from last year and with Lamb coming off the bench he can make up for the 10 points we got from Budinger

Asik is young enough to take on 30-34 minutes a game if he is good enough to justify it, the loss of scola will hurt some but Patterson will get to start and D-Mo and jones should get minutes as well

gonna be interesting, i think we could fall anywhere between 20 and 45 wins this season

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want us to fight for a playoff spot this year. That's all we've done the last few seasons. I want to tank. I want more balls in the lotto.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwood wrote:
I don't want us to fight for a playoff spot this year. That's all we've done the last few seasons. I want to tank. I want more balls in the lotto.

Me too. If we make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed we are sure to lose a series to the Thunder or Lakers and we wouldnt have our first round pick to show for it. I'd rather tank this season and try to get a top 5 pick.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwood wrote:

Cosigned. The only way I would be content with fighting for a playoff spot is if it means our rookies are studs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we make the playoffs we are for sure a team on the ups with our roster it would be all young talent. you don't have to bottom out to rebuild you just need to get lucky on a later draft pick.

People forget the pacers model:

One good player in granger (Martin)

Hit on some draft picks later in lotto with
George and hibbert (lamb, Patterson, DMO, jones maybe)

Sign or trade for a few starters in hill and west (Lin and Asik)

Before you know it the pacers are 3rd in East

Everyone is quick to point to the Thunder model which has produced as many titles as the pacers. Truth is the thunder got lucky with a stud like Durant. The bulls jumped up in the lotto to get rose. Griffin to the clips didn't do much til they traded for Chris Paul

Sad truth is that Houston might tank and end up with the 4th pick and walk away with a tristin Thompson type player

I like where we are and would love to get some playoff action

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official, we signed Carlos Delfino to a 1 year deal with a team option for the 2nd year. Still dont see why we need him to take minutes away from our young guys when we are rebuilding.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 5 of 99

Jump to: