Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Not ready to bail on Mark, BUT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Not ready to bail on Mark, BUT. Reply with quote

I believe Mark can still be the QB the Jets can depend on going forward with the right players around him. 2009 and 2010 bare out the facts. BUT, do the Jets leave themselves short sighted and not look to a potential replacement should he falter? McElroy by consensus does not look to be the answer, either does Tebow. Having said that, do the Jets forego drafting a QB that can replace Mark or do they draft looking forward. Mark needs some good OL, this is not to say that 3 of the 4 are not good. But since Fanaca and Woody have been gone, the Jets OL has struggled. Moore excelled because he had Woody next to him, and Brick because he had Fanaca next to him. Obviously the Jets truly have to address this need if they are going to go forward. It is also painfully obvious that the offense is struggling and the Jets need to add some "PLAYERS" here. The backups they have are not the type of players that the starters fear coming in and taking their jobs. The Jets need to draft or sign a WR that is a blue chip type of player. The Jets defense I believe will rebound, and more than that, they can get away another year with the defense they have. So the Jets can focus on drafting offense next year, otherwise its going to be a long 3 year tract back to respectability.
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they can get by with this defense. Five of their starters are in there 30s, with two, Pace and Scott, having big contracts and not worth the money. Landry is only signed for this year, Wilson IMO is a failure, Lankster and Trufant are fringe or st players, Harris is good but slow, Maybin so far doesn't look like the player that had six sacks last year. Wilkerson, Coples, Ellis and Davis have potential, Devito is solid but limited, which leave Cro and Revis and a few unproven kids. Oh I forgot Eric Smith.

Unfortunately our offense is worst. Next year we will at least need a rb and OG from the draft. I think we can get a good wr in free agency. if we stick with Sanchez I hope we trade down and get a few more picks. I also hope they hire someone other than Rex or tanny to make those picks.

I also agree with you about the backups on offense but since our starters aren't that good what can we expect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: