Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Price traded to Chi, Briscoe cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3160
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Price thing came down to two things for Schiano. 1. How dependable is he really? You cant have one of your starting DTs or even your #1 backup DT constantly not being ready for football due to mental issues or physical ones. I just dont think the coaches could count on him and that was one reason. 2. His actions toward Mark Barron. Not saying that this was the exact reason but think about it. It kind of ties into my first point. Price just wasnt there, mentally. If he is pulling stuff like this now for any of the potential reasons, you cant talk a chance on him doing this later when it matters even more. Plus, it disrupts team unity. I wish him the best going forward but I honestly doubt much comes of his career.

Briscoe is just an idiot. All the potential in the world and he is screwing around with his "Basketball Wives" show crap and not being around for team activities and so on. I bet you he was one of the people who came in out of shape and failed the conditioning test. Schiano probably just thought, its not worth it. I have not problem with letting him go. This way Ed Gant can make the team and I think he is much more deserving.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3223
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jokes aside this is so stupid..

I understand that Schiano is not playing around, but we are now very thin at that position...I remember I made a thread on the offseason asking why were not getting DT's in FA for depth...and that's when we had Price, now we are even thinner..


So now we are riding on 2 Injury Prone DT's???

Seriously, who starts opposite of McCoy?

If McCoy does not play a whole season and gets hurt again, we will be getting gashed up the middle all over again..

Im so sick of having this DT problem of teams running up the middle on us and getting a ton of yards, it started in 2008 and 4 years later we still got the same problem Mad
_________________

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9046
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Jokes aside this is so stupid..

I understand that Schiano is not playing around, but we are now very thin at that position...I remember I made a thread on the offseason asking why were not getting DT's in FA for depth...and that's when we had Price, now we are even thinner..

We signed two DTs this offseason, Amobi Okoye and Gary Gibson. We at least have serviceable depth now - something that we couldn't say last season.

More info on the Price trade:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/price-failed-conditioning-run-then-was-traded

Quote:
The Bucs former second-round pick from UCLA weighed in at 303 pounds Thursday, nearly 30 pounds lighter than he arrived at One Buc Place a year earlier. All that was left to do was complete the mandatory conditioning test administered by coach Greg Schiano, which consisted of 16, 110-yard sprints with a 45 second rest period between intervals, and he could begin to breathe a little easier.

But after finishing only four sprints, Price heard and felt a sickening pop, which was extremely painful. Trainers rushed to his side and later determined that Price most likely tore some scar tissue and would be good to go in a few days.

Apparently, Schiano had seen enough.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7427
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why Tampa didn't just cut briscoe back during OTAs. He showed up to all mandatory practices. There has to be much more but schiano cannot treat this 100% college either. I'm on board with him but he needs to understand the business side as well. What will he do when say a big name player holds out over a contract dispute?

Back to briscoe. There has to be more to the story for him to report and then Be cut the same day. OTAs could be related but if that's the reason then it made no sense to hold on to him this far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9046
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring an injury, I have never heard of a WR failing a conditioning test. Dez clearly didn't take his job seriously.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/dezmon-briscoe-failed-bucs-conditioning-test

Quote:
Briscoe was among the players who failed the team's demanding conditioning test, one that requires players to run 16 110-yard dashes in a predetermined amount of time, depending on their body types. That development, coupled with Briscoe's failure to show up for many of the team's voluntary offseason workouts and his off-the-field issues, perhaps spelled the end for the up-and-coming third-year receiver.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1845
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Jokes aside this is so stupid..

I understand that Schiano is not playing around, but we are now very thin at that position...I remember I made a thread on the offseason asking why were not getting DT's in FA for depth...and that's when we had Price, now we are even thinner..

We signed two DTs this offseason, Amobi Okoye and Gary Gibson. We at least have serviceable depth now - something that we couldn't say last season.

More info on the Price trade:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/price-failed-conditioning-run-then-was-traded

Quote:
The Bucs former second-round pick from UCLA weighed in at 303 pounds Thursday, nearly 30 pounds lighter than he arrived at One Buc Place a year earlier. All that was left to do was complete the mandatory conditioning test administered by coach Greg Schiano, which consisted of 16, 110-yard sprints with a 45 second rest period between intervals, and he could begin to breathe a little easier.

But after finishing only four sprints, Price heard and felt a sickening pop, which was extremely painful. Trainers rushed to his side and later determined that Price most likely tore some scar tissue and would be good to go in a few days.

Apparently, Schiano had seen enough.
Yeah, I think that was the last straw. Price is hanging on by threads, literally. He will most likely never be 100% healthy again. We need to draft a DT next year for damn sure. How early, will depend on the play of Okoye, Miller, and Gibson. So its looks like Tampa will roll with McCoy, Miller, Okoye, Gibson, and Okam.

As for Briscoe, yeah him failing that conditioning test was the last straw. Even though many other players failed it, its just the fact Schiano already gave him a break for missing work-outs. This move was very Bill Belicheck like IMO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3223
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
We signed two DTs this offseason, Amobi Okoye and Gary Gibson. We at least have serviceable depth now - something that we couldn't say last season.

I take it back, we have SOME depth.

But overall we have no real starters. Only one we got McCoy, and I cant really say that I trust him...and if he goes down then who do we have starting? Okam...and Okoye? Confused


We will still get gashed up the middle hard with that lineup..we play some pretty damn good O-lines this year, the NFC South alone has some great offensive lines..
_________________

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7427
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briscoe prob had standards to meet for missing that time. Understand why he would be cut. Schiano probably understood the situation but wanted him to still show up in shape.

Such a shame. What talent wasted by poor work ethic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 27205
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Briscoe prob had standards to meet for missing that time. Understand why he would be cut. Schiano probably understood the situation but wanted him to still show up in shape.

Such a shame. What talent wasted by poor work ethic.

Changing your sig now? Laughing
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David Tackles | Sacks | INTs | FFs | FRs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
5nick5


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1255
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both moves. I feel bad for Brian Price, but we just can't count on him. It seemed like he would go down every game last year. I wish him the best of luck, but he just wasn't dependable enough. And it's not like he was a great player anyway.

Dez was just a moron who had this coming. That's what happens when you worry about chasing basketball wives instead of focusing on football. It's a new regime, that won't be tolerated anymore. If you can't balance your personal life and football, you don't deserve to be on an NFL team.
_________________


Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7427
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised briscoe was picked up by the redskins. Wonder how much Raheem played in that move?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 13856
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Not surprised briscoe was picked up by the redskins. Wonder how much Raheem played in that move?


same amount to sign T-Jack...



Honestly I think we could all see this coming, both questionable work ethic, who unlike Blount, wasnt there and didnt care this offseason
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group