Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most? Reply with quote

Just wanted to see what you guys thought. Which players arrow is pointing up or down after the draft?

I think Stacy's stock is going up now with Greg Robinson on the team. I know he plays against some of the three toughest defenses six times a year but he has a great line to run behind.

I am kinda worried about Bernard with Hill getting drafted by the bengals. I still think he'll get his share but Hill may steal some TDs from Bernard.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most? Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Just wanted to see what you guys thought. Which players arrow is pointing up or down after the draft?

I think Stacy's stock is going up now with Greg Robinson on the team. I know he plays against some of the three toughest defenses six times a year but he has a great line to run behind.

I am kinda worried about Bernard with Hill getting drafted by the bengals. I still think he'll get his share but Hill may steal some TDs from Bernard.

I think Greg Jennings stock went up now the Vikings got Bridgewater.

I look how Ryan impacted White in Atlanta
Luck impacted Wayne in Indy
Cam impacted Smith in Carolina

In those cases all those QBs were rookies at the time and those WRs struggled the previous year. The rookie QBs revived their career. I think Bridgewater could very well revive Jennings career.
SJax39

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most? Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

I feel like Stacy's stock is going to stay about the same. Yes, he gained an awesome run-blocker, but the Rams also drafted Tre Mason in the 3rd who is bound to take away some carries. Back to debating whether to keep Stacy or Gronk again.

[b]CLOWNEY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST #2
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most? Reply with quote

SJax39 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

I feel like Stacy's stock is going to stay about the same. Yes, he gained an awesome run-blocker, but the Rams also drafted Tre Mason in the 3rd who is bound to take away some carries. Back to debating whether to keep Stacy or Gronk again.

Think I would still keep Stacy over Gronk. I want to believe that Fisher will give Stacy all he can handle.

I pick #11 in my draft so now I am debating between Stacy or Bernard. I was 100% behind bernard but now I want to see if/how Jeremy Hill will affect Bernard.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Glennon is the guy to start in Tampa (or McCown), he got some new toys to play with. Not only in Mike Evans, but also Sefarian-Jenkins, and even Robert Herron, who will be a perfect slot guy between the two mammoths on the edge.

Also, Doug Martin gets a load taken off of his shoulders.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
If Glennon is the guy to start in Tampa (or McCown), he got some new toys to play with. Not only in Mike Evans, but also Sefarian-Jenkins, and even Robert Herron, who will be a perfect slot guy between the two mammoths on the edge.

Also, Doug Martin gets a load taken off of his shoulders.

Doug should rebound and see less 8 man in the box. Never thought TB would add weapons like this, I was wrong. Maybe Lovie has changed...
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Martin should increase in value a good amt

Maybe Adrian Peterson too just by adding a competent QB

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most? Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
SJax39 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Think I would still keep Stacy over Gronk. I want to believe that Fisher will give Stacy all he can handle.

I pick #11 in my draft so now I am debating between Stacy or Bernard. I was 100% behind bernard but now I want to see if/how Jeremy Hill will affect Bernard.

Hill will cut into BJGE's carries (which cut into Bernard's last year). So, if anything, Bernard's opportunities may stay the same overall but I wouldn't take him 11 unless you are in a PPR league. Hue is the new OC and he will love a guy that can run in-between the tackles. I think Bernard finds himself in more a Screen/Swing/complimentary back role whenever the Bengals are in running situations during games. But he still as high value in the passing game, hence the 11th selection if only a PPR league.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most? Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
SJax39 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Hill will cut into BJGE's carries (which cut into Bernard's last year). So, if anything, Bernard's opportunities may stay the same overall but I wouldn't take him 11 unless you are in a PPR league. Hue is the new OC and he will love a guy that can run in-between the tackles. I think Bernard finds himself in more a Screen/Swing/complimentary back role whenever the Bengals are in running situations during games. But he still as high value in the passing game, hence the 11th selection if only a PPR league.

yeah it is a ppr league. I am starting to think if I should grab two wrs with my first two picks. A duo of Demaryius and Dez? I have Forte as a keeper so I guess I have some flexibility to work with.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most? Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:

yeah it is a ppr league. I am starting to think if I should grab two wrs with my first two picks. A duo of Demaryius and Dez? I have Forte as a keeper so I guess I have some flexibility to work with.

That's not a bad strategy. But the question becomes then, can you supplement WR production within a deep group of WRs than you can with PPR-good TEs and RBs.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most? Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:

That's not a bad strategy. But the question becomes then, can you supplement WR production within a deep group of WRs than you can with PPR-good TEs and RBs.

I have thought about that too. idk which trio looks better on paper: Dez, Demaryius with Forte or Demaryius, Forte and Bernard/Stacy/and even Demarco?

I tried hard to move up in the first round to select guys like Doug Martin, Bell, Morris or Ball but had no luck. I threw everything I had too.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most? Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:

I have thought about that too. idk which trio looks better on paper: Dez, Demaryius with Forte or Demaryius, Forte and Bernard/Stacy/and even Demarco?

I tried hard to move up in the first round to select guys like Doug Martin, Bell, Morris or Ball but had no luck. I threw everything I had too.

Finding consistent RB production is tough, and gets tougher in PPR with so few RBs being a dual-threat. The thing with Bernard is that if he is viewed as a change-of-pace more than a 3-down guy, his PPR value is high but not high enough for him to be an RB1 due to the lack of GL TDs or overall yardage.

I like Stacy this year a lot. I liked him last year before he came on and I stashed him away. Decker is gone so +1 for Demaryius. Dez is in a contract year... +1. Talent is talent. The draft is won and loss by the talent you can find in later rounds but with high value. Get the safe talent up top but go after the Stacy's or Alshon's of last year in the mid-rounds.

On a side note:
I also use advanced stats to project information for standard and PPR formats for pre-draft analysis. I'll be starting a weekly thread leading up to the draft with this info for everyone to use here. I think it is a interesting side to drafting that most FF Player's don't always get to see visualized on paper with numbers and stats.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Which players fantasy stock was impacted the most? Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:

Finding consistent RB production is tough, and gets tougher in PPR with so few RBs being a dual-threat. The thing with Bernard is that if he is viewed as a change-of-pace more than a 3-down guy, his PPR value is high but not high enough for him to be an RB1 due to the lack of GL TDs or overall yardage.

I like Stacy this year a lot. I liked him last year before he came on and I stashed him away. Decker is gone so +1 for Demaryius. Dez is in a contract year... +1. Talent is talent. The draft is won and loss by the talent you can find in later rounds but with high value. Get the safe talent up top but go after the Stacy's or Alshon's of last year in the mid-rounds.

On a side note:
I also use advanced stats to project information for standard and PPR formats for pre-draft analysis. I'll be starting a weekly thread leading up to the draft with this info for everyone to use here. I think it is a interesting side to drafting that most FF Player's don't always get to see visualized on paper with numbers and stats.

Funny that you mention this. I was lucky enough last year to land Gordon, Blackmon and Moreno all from rounds 10-17. Blackmon is the exception bc he didn't finish out the year but he was red hot before he got suspended. But we all know how Moreno and Gordon's season went.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep doing it. VBD - Value Based Drafting.
squire12

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
Keep doing it. VBD - Value Based Drafting.

Agreed. Differences in wininng and losing in fantasy (aside from injuries) are your 3/4 RB and 3-5 WR. Need to be able to have enough depth for byes and injuries.

In re-draft leagues, using that quality depth in later season trades to swap a 2 for 1 deal for elite level players has served me well through the years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: