Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Crazy story where league manager refuses to pay out! Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marktheshark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Crazy story where league manager refuses to pay out! Help! Reply with quote

So was in a 14 team league with a $50 buy in, 1st: $500, 2nd Place: $150
3rd Place: $50. All 3 winning teams have cordially contacted the league manager to ask about payouts that we sent via paypal. He has yet to get in contact with any of us.

The LM's and myself did meet up several times at the bar along with some of the other guys to watch the Broncos but currently we don't live in the same city anymore. Some crazy and shady stuff has gone down this year where trading has taken place between the LM's two teams and another owner and his two teams, and additionally modified lineups on the LM's after gametime. Trades we're somewhat fair and modified lineups wouldn't change the results but shady non the less.

What your approach, how would you handle the situation? I'm not sure what to think anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Crazy story where league manager refuses to pay out! Hel Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
So was in a 14 team league with a $50 buy in, 1st: $500, 2nd Place: $150
3rd Place: $50. All 3 winning teams have cordially contacted the league manager to ask about payouts that we sent via paypal. He has yet to get in contact with any of us.

The LM's and myself did meet up several times at the bar along with some of the other guys to watch the Broncos but currently we don't live in the same city anymore. Some crazy and shady stuff has gone down this year where trading has taken place between the LM's two teams and another owner and his two teams, and additionally modified lineups on the LM's after gametime. Trades we're somewhat fair and modified lineups wouldn't change the results but shady non the less.

What your approach, how would you handle the situation? I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Good luck. Next time hand your money to a more trusted LM. You can take the guy to small claims court...get yourself an attorney.
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you known this league manager? Do you know him personally as a friend? Has he been in your league before? When was the league started?

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
squire12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like I would be out of that league from now on.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best course may be to chalk it up to crap happens and move on. If he hasn't paid out yet, or even tried to contact the other owners, he probably never will.

Kempes on the custom sig!
FrozenPhinsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean that the LM and another owner both had multiple teams?

If so that should have been a red flag, any time anyone has more than one team in the same league.

We had that happen in our league this year, an acquaintance got "his buddy" to sign up for our league, and then we realized that he had created a 2nd team for himself and even a fake facebook profile to go with the other identity. Funny business with lineup setting, tanking matchups, trying to do trades between the teams. Both teams were freaking terrible, but not welcome back.

Don't know that you can really get the money back effectively.... I guess if you won the $500 it might be worth the hassle of small claims if you have a paper trail on the entry fees etc. Also from what I understand fantasy football for money is technically illegal in a few states, so there the courts certainly won't assist!
mitchconnor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I wasn't sure I read that right, but the same owner having multiple teams sounds like just about the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.

Probably not worth small claims. If you all live in the same region, I guess you could all get together and beat him up or something. You definitely don't want to ever trust him with your money again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: