Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants Safety Tyler Sash suspended for 4 games by the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titwio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Again, using it as a "performance enhancer" is completely legal

Not in the professional sports it's not...It's used for a conditions such as ADD and anxiety. Any other form of using it than what it's designed for is not legal and is what's called "abusing".
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

Not in the professional sports it's not...It's used for a conditions such as ADD and anxiety. Any other form of using it than what it's designed for is not legal and is what's called "abusing".

But even if that is how Sash is using it. How can the NFL prove it when he has a legitimate prescription for it for anxiety from a doctor?

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
titwio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

But even if that is how Sash is using it. How can the NFL prove it when he has a legitimate prescription for it for anxiety from a doctor?

According to what I've read players can use the drug to treat their conditions if prescribed by a doctor but they have to inform the league about it...being the NFL has a strict substance abuse policy. Sash never informed the Giants or the NFL and that was the reason the league upheld his suspension.

I don't feel it's so much the league has concluded he violated more than the fact he failed to abide by the technicalities under the guide lines.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

According to what I've read players can use the drug to treat their conditions if prescribed by a doctor but they have to inform the league about it...being the NFL has a strict substance abuse policy. Sash never informed the Giants or the NFL and that was the reason the league upheld his suspension.

I don't feel it's so much the league has concluded he violated more than the fact he failed to abide by the technicalities under the guide lines.

Well that goes back to my original question. I understand he failed to inform them but it seems rather ridiculous to be suspending players for using legally prescribed, legally attained, prescription drugs for a real life health condition. I can see a fine or slap on the wrist type punishment but 4 games?

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
titwio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Well that goes back to my original question. I understand he failed to inform them but it seems rather ridiculous to be suspending players for using legally prescribed, legally attained, prescription drugs for a real life health condition. I can see a fine or slap on the wrist type punishment but 4 games?

I agree 100%.

It seems like the league has adopted a "zero tolerance" type method towards banned substances. It does seem a little harsh especially considering the circumstances.
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

A perscription from a doc clears that up. As long as you have a perscription, it doesnt matter why you are using it. And lets face it, everyone can get perscription for everything these days.

^Joe_is_the_best
titwio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

A perscription from a doc clears that up. As long as you have a perscription, it doesnt matter why you are using it. And lets face it, everyone can get perscription for everything these days.

Yes but the league has a rule stating you have to inform them which Sash failed to do. Therefore it's illegal under the rules of the NFL to continue using even with a doc's permission.
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

Yes but the league has a rule stating you have to inform them which Sash failed to do. Therefore it's illegal under the rules of the NFL to continue using even with a doc's permission.

Exactly, so whether or not hes lying about it now isnt relevant. He would have been suspended regardless.

^Joe_is_the_best
titwio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

Exactly, so whether or not hes lying about it now isnt relevant. He would have been suspended regardless.

I only brought up the rational of lying because of what the NFL may be thinking in terms of being lenient...which they probably took into consideration being he never informed them.

That and because Gmen brought it up as well and was something I thought about too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: